Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to add decimal month to some month in sql, php, perl, bash, sh? Post 302904170 by bacarrdy on Monday 2nd of June 2014 01:18:13 PM
Old 06-02-2014
i just want to ask or there are any simple way to add to some date partial of month

for example to 2015-02-27 22:22:22 + 3.3429 of month

i searched google and i found only excel Smilie my web page runs on linux mashie so i can calculate it on php, bash, sh, perl, ruby, and so on

i need it becouse i want to recalculate expiration date of some service that is sold to client

for example client have service wich one cost X/month, hes service expires on date yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss and he want to change his service to diferent one wich one cost diferent price, so i need to get new expiration date, problem is that that each month have diferent number of days, so to calculate how much cost 1 second of his service is dificult.

btw sory for bad english

Last edited by bacarrdy; 06-02-2014 at 02:27 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script : Split given month into weeks

I want to split a given month into weeks. For example if I give the date in dd/mm/yy format say 01/02/08 it should give output in the given format : week1 : start date and end date. week2 : "" week3 : "" week4 : "" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khushbu_roy
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isolating the Month in Perl

munt=`date '+%m` will isolate the month in digit form 02 = Feb Trying to get the same out of perl just cant see it $stimx = localtime($^T); print ((split/ /,$stimx)); (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : searching for month and storing the date and time in an array

I am writing the code in perl. I have an array in perl and each variable in the array contains the data in the below format Now I need to check the below variable w.r.t system month I need to store the date and time(Tue Aug 7 03:54:12 2012) from the below data into file if contains only 'Aug'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert From Month Number to Month Name

Hi, I have a script that accepts an input date from the user in yyyy-mm-dd format. I need to get the mm-dd part and convert it to month name. example: 2011-11-15 I want that to become "Nov 15" I don't have the GNU date, I am using an AIX os. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need last month files after 10th of every month

Hi, I need all file names in a folder which has date >= 10th of last month, Example : files in folder AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT BUTO_F1_20140616.TXT CUTO_F1_20140603.TXT FA_AUTO_06012014.TXT LA_AUTO_06112014.TXT MA_AUTO_06212014.TXT ZA_AUTO_06232014.TXT Output: AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To pass one month range in sql script

Hi Guys, i am having .sql script which inserts data from one table to another table based on date condition, i need to pass range on based on how many number of months, for e.g set timing on; whenever sqlerror exit failure; spool myscript.log append accept start_date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove new line and convert Month to Decimal

# Sample input common-name www.test.com.au expiration Dec 21 01:00:31 2017 GMT common-name www.test1.com.au expiration Jan 19 04:41:03 2018 GMT # Desired Output # Field 1: Domain name # Field 2: Date/time converted to Austraian format DD/MM/YYYY and on the same line as Domain Name. #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thangbom
7 Replies

10. Linux

Bash Display First Friday of the next month

Hello, I need to find the date of next first Friday of the month and set as a variable in a bash script ie - FIRSTFRIDAY=$(date -dfirst-friday +%d) I know date -dfirst-friday doesn't work, but unsure if I can use this / cal + awk or something else to find the right date of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerdays
7 Replies
BACKUP_SETEXP(8)					       AFS Command Reference						  BACKUP_SETEXP(8)

NAME
backup_setexp - Sets the expiration date for existing dump levels. SYNOPSIS
backup setexp -dump <dump level name>+ [-expires <expiration date>+] [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup se -d <dump level name>+ [-e <expiration date>+] [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup setexp command sets or changes the expiration date associated with each specified dump level, which must already exist in the dump hierarchy. Use the -expires argument to associate an expiration date with each dump level. When the Backup System subsequently creates a dump at the dump level, it uses the specified value to derive the dump's expiration date, which it records on the label of the tape (or backup data file). The Backup System refuses to overwrite a tape until after the latest expiration date of any dump that the tape contains, unless the backup labeltape command is used to relabel the tape. If a dump level does not have an expiration date, the Backup System treats dumps created at the level as expired as soon as it creates them. (Note that the Backup System does not automatically remove a dump's record from the Backup Database when the dump reaches its expiration date, but only if the tape that contains the dump is recycled or relabeled. To remove expired and other obsolete dump records, use the backup deletedump command.) Define either an absolute or relative expiration date: o An absolute expiration date defines the month/day/year (and, optionally, hour and minutes) at which a dump expires. If the expiration date predates the dump creation time, the Backup System immediately treats the dump as expired. o A relative date defines the number of years, months, or days (or a combination of the three) after the dump's creation that it expires. When the Backup System creates a dump at the dump level, it calculates an actual expiration date by adding the relative date to the start time of the dump operation. If the command is used to change an existing expiration date associated with a dump level, the new date applies only to dumps created after the change. Existing dumps retain the expiration date assigned at the time they were created. OPTIONS
-dump <dump level name>+ Specifies the full pathname of each dump level to assign the expiration date specified by the -expires argument. -expires <expiration date>+ Defines the absolute or relative expiration date to associate with each dump level named by the -dump argument. Absolute expiration dates have the following format: [at] {NEVER | <mm>/<dd>/<yyyy> [<hh>:<MM>] } where the optional word at is followed either by the string "NEVER", which indicates that dumps created at the dump level never expire, or by a date value with a required portion (<mm> for month, <dd> for day, and <yyyy> for year) and an optional portion (<hh> for hours and <MM> for minutes). Omit the <hh>:<MM> portion to use the default of midnight (00:00 hours), or provide a value in 24-hour format (for example, "20:30" is 8:30 p.m.). Valid values for the year range from 1970 to 2037; higher values are not valid because the latest possible date in the standard UNIX representation is in February 2038. The command interpreter automatically reduces later dates to the maximum value. Relative expiration dates have the following format: [in] [<years>y] [<months>m] [<days>d] where the optional word in is followed by at least one of a number of years (maximum 9999) followed by the letter "y", a number of months (maximum 12) followed by the letter "m", or a number of days (maximum 31) followed by the letter "d". If providing more than one of the three, list them in the indicated order. If the date that results from adding the relative expiration value to a dump's creation time is later than the latest possible date in the UNIX time representation, the Backup System automatically reduces it to that date. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example associates an absolute expiration date of 10:00 p.m. on 31 December 1999 with the dump level "/1998/december": % backup setexp -dump /1998/december -expires at 12/31/1999 22:00 The following example associates a relative expiration date of 7 days with the two dump levels "/monthly/week1" and "/monthly/week2": % backup setexp -dump /monthly/week1 /monthly/week -expires 7d PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_adddump(8), backup_deldump(8), backup_listdumps(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_SETEXP(8)