Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass system date and sysdate-7 in script through crontab Post 302904165 by Anupam_Halder on Monday 2nd of June 2014 12:57:37 PM
Old 06-02-2014
Pass system date and sysdate-7 in script through crontab

Hi ,

I have to schedule one job in crontab, but with two parameters.

1. Sysdate in YYYYMMDD format
2. Sysdate - 7 in YYYYMMDD format

Please suggest how to do that.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a date read from database to the shell script?

Hi i have a database table which i will query in a sqlplus session and it will either come back with a date or null? Now, what i want to do is based on the date returned i will either abort or continue with the script execution. I need to know is there a way other than spooling the date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoo128
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script from another script if system date was reached

I what to find a system date in a shell script and search for it in a file in specific record. If the record (ENDC) has the same date I what to execute another shell script. Here is example of the file: Can someone please help me with this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass the first date and last date of previous month

Hi All, I need to run a job every month at the beginning of the month which is scheduled through autosys, lets say on 03/01/2010. I need to pass the last month's i.e February's first_date = 02/01/2010 and last_date = 02/28/2010 as variables to a stored procedure. Can somebody please pass... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigdmab
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get system date, format it, pass it as a parameter to a perl script - all in cron job

I am trying to get the string containing date - in a specfic format actually, although I think that part is inconsequencial - 1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226 - through echo or printf or in some other way - created within a cront job and passed as a parameter to a perl script. Now, I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: v8625
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in Shell Script comparing todays date with Yesterday date from Sysdate

Hi, I want to compare today's date(DDMMYYYY) with yesterday(DDMMYYYY) from system date,if (today month = yesterday month) then execute alter query else do nothing. The above requirement i want in Shell script(KSH)... Can any one please help me? Double post, continued here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmsk1331
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace actual generated date with sysdate?

Hi, currently I've a file with the following content: insert into CD_CARD_TYP (code, description, last_update_by, last_update_date) values ('024', '024', 2, to_date('29-03-2008 05:16:09', 'dd-mm-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')); insert into CD_CARD_TYP (code, description, last_update_by,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Sysdate-1 ORA Errors - Can you help me in this UNIX Script?

Hi Guys, I wanted to create an Unix Shell Script that should fetch a particular string from a text file on a particular date. We all know Oracle generates alert logs for each and every day for every actions in the database. I have an alert log file now where it contains for about a months... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raja_dba
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I pass arguments to system command in a awk script?

Hi I need your help, please How can I pass arguments to system command in a awk script?... for example: byte=substr(cadena,pos,2); system("grep -n byte mapeo.txt"); Does it exist a way? Thanks for advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris21
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

Can someone help me with the code wherein there is a file f1.txt with different column and 34 column have expiry date and I need to get that and compare with system date and if expiry date is <system date remove those rows and other rows should be moved to new file f2.txt . I don't want to delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuti
2 Replies

10. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

I m working on shell scripting and I m stuck where in my .txt file there is column as expiry date and I need to compare that date with system date and need to remove all the rows where expiry date is less than system date and create a new .txt with update. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stuti
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and crontab SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by (see cron(1M)). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: [njob[nice[nwait The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue, such that is the default queue for jobs started by (see at(1)), is the queue for jobs started by (see at(1)), and is the queue for jobs run from a file (see crontab(1)). Queue names through designate user-defined queues. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue. Although any number can be specified here, (see cron(1M)) by default limits the number of jobs that can be run on all the queues to 100. This limitation can be removed by setting the variable to 1 in the file. nice The value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user (see nice(1)). The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because more than 100 jobs were running in all the queues (see njob above). EXAMPLES
Consider the following file: The file is interpreted as follows: The queue, for jobs (see at(1)), can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously, and those jobs will be run with a value of 1. Since no nwait value is given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it (see cron(1M)). The queue, for jobs (see at(1)), can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously. Those jobs will be run with a value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously. They will be run with a value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. SEE ALSO
at(1), nice(1), crontab(1), cron(1M), proto(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
queuedefs(4)