Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding word in blank space
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding word in blank space Post 302904061 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 1st of June 2014 05:13:01 PM
Old 06-01-2014
Hi @wisecracker:
Why do you hard-code 21 instead of ${#var_arr[@]} ?
Why use arrays when you are only enumerating a list (for i in $var; do)

You could also use:
Code:
var_arr=($var)
printf "%s*.sql" "${var_arr[@]}"; echo

or
Code:
printf "%s*.sql" $var; echo

--
Note: If you are using bash, you can use arrays, but arrays are not part of the posix shell, although they happen to be supported by bash in posix mode

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding blank line in egrep

I followed the egrep example given in the thread "parse text or complex grep ?". It is exactly what I need...except... how do I insert a blank line after the second line? My exact command is: egrep 'patt1|patt2' filename the result is: patt1 patt2 patt1 patt2 and so on. I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a word in front of a word of each line.

Adding a word in front of a word of each line.In that line only one word will be there. pl help:( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh Vellanki
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace exact word with blank

i have a file with the below content file1.txt ALERTADMIN.FIELD ALERTADMIN.TX_ALERTS_LOG i have another file file2 ALERTADMIN.FIELD ALERTADMIN.FIELD_WS ALERTADMIN.SECTION_FIELD_WS ALERTADMIN.TX_ACCT_PROCESSING_WORK_TABLE ALERTADMIN.TX_ACCT_REVIEW_EXEC_METRICS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavnayas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut last blank space

Hello, I am using this to get only directories : ls -l | grep '^d'and here is the result : drwx------ 13 so_nic sonic 13 Nov 4 13:03 GLARY drwx------ 3 so_nic sonic 3 May 6 2010 PSY2R drwx------ 15 so_nic sonic 15 Oct 14 08:47 PSYR1 But I only need to keep this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed adding a blank line

I use the following as part of a script to correct for a faulty hostname file. # get the domain name read -r thehostname < /etc/hostname dom="$(echo $thehostname | cut -d'.' -f2)" numchar=${#dom} if then echo "It appears as though the hostname is not correctly set." echo "Hostname has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugeye
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blank space

hi everyone, i have a problem in unix script , i need to remove line that has blank , not blank line . example: mahm,,jdggkhsd,ghskj,,fshjkl can anyone help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham.Donia
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an additional blank field to a file

Hi, I have the following file, I'd like to add an additional blank field to this file This is a tab delimited file, I have tried the same thing on excel, but looking for a unix solution. Here is my input: Country Postal Admin4 StreetBaseName StreetType HUN 2243 Kóka Dózsa György ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not delete space blank

Hi everyone, i need to "grep" a file with a string with space blanks, like this: grep "XXXX XX" file.txt The problem, i need put the "XXXX XX" in a string variable. When the script executes the grep, do: gresp XXXX XX file.txt How can i solve this problem? The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank space using VI

Hi, How to remove blank spaces using vi (I am using AIX)? #cat siva.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF Need to remove space between 2 columns. Regards, Siva (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)