Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding word in blank space
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding word in blank space Post 302904024 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 1st of June 2014 08:13:34 AM
Old 06-01-2014
Code:
printf "%s*.sql " $var; echo

output:
Code:
QSB*.sql SBD*.sql SDN*.sql SGJ*.sql SJP*.sql SKB*.sql SKD*.sql SLP*.sql SML*.sql SNB*.sql SRE*.sql SRG*.sql STP*.sql TAJ*.sql UMP*.sql UNO*.sql VKS*.sql VND*.sql VNS*.sql WAH*.sql ZRR*.sql

Code:
echo "$var" | sed 's/[^ ]*/&*.sql/g'

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 06-01-2014 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Edited to add asterisk.. thanks Akshay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding blank line in egrep

I followed the egrep example given in the thread "parse text or complex grep ?". It is exactly what I need...except... how do I insert a blank line after the second line? My exact command is: egrep 'patt1|patt2' filename the result is: patt1 patt2 patt1 patt2 and so on. I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a word in front of a word of each line.

Adding a word in front of a word of each line.In that line only one word will be there. pl help:( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh Vellanki
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace exact word with blank

i have a file with the below content file1.txt ALERTADMIN.FIELD ALERTADMIN.TX_ALERTS_LOG i have another file file2 ALERTADMIN.FIELD ALERTADMIN.FIELD_WS ALERTADMIN.SECTION_FIELD_WS ALERTADMIN.TX_ACCT_PROCESSING_WORK_TABLE ALERTADMIN.TX_ACCT_REVIEW_EXEC_METRICS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavnayas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut last blank space

Hello, I am using this to get only directories : ls -l | grep '^d'and here is the result : drwx------ 13 so_nic sonic 13 Nov 4 13:03 GLARY drwx------ 3 so_nic sonic 3 May 6 2010 PSY2R drwx------ 15 so_nic sonic 15 Oct 14 08:47 PSYR1 But I only need to keep this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed adding a blank line

I use the following as part of a script to correct for a faulty hostname file. # get the domain name read -r thehostname < /etc/hostname dom="$(echo $thehostname | cut -d'.' -f2)" numchar=${#dom} if then echo "It appears as though the hostname is not correctly set." echo "Hostname has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugeye
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blank space

hi everyone, i have a problem in unix script , i need to remove line that has blank , not blank line . example: mahm,,jdggkhsd,ghskj,,fshjkl can anyone help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham.Donia
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an additional blank field to a file

Hi, I have the following file, I'd like to add an additional blank field to this file This is a tab delimited file, I have tried the same thing on excel, but looking for a unix solution. Here is my input: Country Postal Admin4 StreetBaseName StreetType HUN 2243 Kóka Dózsa György ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not delete space blank

Hi everyone, i need to "grep" a file with a string with space blanks, like this: grep "XXXX XX" file.txt The problem, i need put the "XXXX XX" in a string variable. When the script executes the grep, do: gresp XXXX XX file.txt How can i solve this problem? The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank space using VI

Hi, How to remove blank spaces using vi (I am using AIX)? #cat siva.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF Need to remove space between 2 columns. Regards, Siva (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
7 Replies
WTOC(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   WTOC(1)

NAME
wtoc - Convert a Wnn text-form dictionary (or dictionaries) into Canna text-form dictionaries SYNOPSIS
wtoc [-f hinshidata] [wnnjisho] [cannajisho] DESCRIPTION
wtoc converts a Wnn text-form dictionary file into Canna text-form dictionary file. If all dictionary files are omitted, the Wnn dictio- nary data is input through the standard input. In this case, the dictionary of the Japanes Input System is output from the standard out- put. If one dictionary file is specified, it will be regarded as a Wnn dictionary. At this time, Canna dictionary output to the standard output. OPTIONS
-f hinshidata The user can add new information about word-type correspondence between Wnn and Canna. The following word-type correspondence information must be described in the hinshidata file. Within one line, describe the Wnn word type name and the Canna word type while delimiting by a space(s) or tab. Wnn word type Canna word type Adverb #F04 EXAMPLE
% wtoc -f tsuikahinshi kihon.u kihon.t Inputs word-type correspondence information from tsuikahinshi, then converts Wnn text-form dictionary kihon.u into the Canna text-form dic- tionary before output. % wtoc special.u | lpr Converts Wnn text-form dictionary special.u into Canna text-form dictionary, then outputs the result to the line printer. SEE ALSO
ctow(1) WTOC(1)