Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I need to save a pid of a child started with $: su <user> -c “nohup …” Post 302903990 by vincegata on Saturday 31st of May 2014 04:09:16 PM
Old 05-31-2014
That solved it, thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Child Process PID

Hi, Can anybody solve this query? A parent process forks 2 child processes. How does the child process know it's PID without the parent process sending it. Apart from the "ps-ef" option, what other options are there if any? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skannan
2 Replies

2. Programming

printing ppid,child pid,pid

question: for the below program i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086 but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two! can someone comment on that! #include<stdio.h> #define DIM 8 int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PID of process started in background??

I am having a problem getting the PID of a process I start in the background is a csh. In tcsh and sh it's simple $! give it to you But in csh this just returns Variable syntax From the man page it should work but it doesn't???? Any help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stilllooking
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kill scripts which are started using nohup

i have scipt which is calling some other scripts and some built-in utilities like SED, find etc.. i started this script using nohup (e.g: nohup scriptname &) now i want to kill this script and all the child processes of this script. the problem is, process id of child processes are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
4 Replies

5. Programming

Child process is not getting started

Hi, When i m trying to run below code,its entering into wait stage. output: In parent pid=2134 // some random value assigned to child process parent waiting..... and then it keeps on waiting for child to get terminate Y this child is not getting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crab
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

child pid in ZSH

I am using ZSH shell in Linux. I am calling a child program in background mode parallely (say 2-3 threads). I have problem in handling the temporary files of these child programs since the temp file names are unique for all the child process. To distinguish i want to use the pid in the temp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhams
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pid of nohup process

I want to print the pid of a nohup process to a file so later I can use the list of pid's in that file to stop the background processes again. I use ksh on AIXv5.3: nohup /start/script.ksh 1>/dev/null 2>&1 print $$ > .pid nohup /start/script2.ksh 1>/dev/null 2>&1 print $$ >> .pid But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process id of the exe started with nohup

Hi, I have a strange problem. In my shell script, i am startting another program (a c++ exe) with nohup . I am getting the process id of this started process with using $! I am writing this process id into another file so that i can keep checking for this process ids to check whether the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parvathi_rd
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Killing child daemon started by parent process

Hi All, Hope this is right area to ask this question. I have a shell script (bash) "wrapper.sh", which contains few simple shell command which executes a "server.sh" (conatins code to execute a java server) as a daemon. Now what I want to kill this "server.sh" so that the server should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting child process id for a given PID

HI Am trying to get child process id for a PID using ksh.. ps -ef | grep xntpd root 3342472 2228308 0 12:17:40 - 0:00 /usr/sbin/xntpd root 4522024 6488316 0 12:18:56 pts/0 0:00 grep xntpd root 6291614 3342472 0 12:17:40 - 0:00 /usr/sbin/xntpd Here now i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies
slagts.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slagts.f(3)

NAME
slagts.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slagts (JOB, N, A, B, C, D, IN, Y, TOL, INFO) SLAGTS Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slagts (integerJOB, integerN, real, dimension( * )A, real, dimension( * )B, real, dimension( * )C, real, dimension( * )D, integer, dimension( * )IN, real, dimension( * )Y, realTOL, integerINFO) SLAGTS Purpose: SLAGTS may be used to solve one of the systems of equations (T - lambda*I)*x = y or (T - lambda*I)**T*x = y, where T is an n by n tridiagonal matrix, for x, following the factorization of (T - lambda*I) as (T - lambda*I) = P*L*U , by routine SLAGTF. The choice of equation to be solved is controlled by the argument JOB, and in each case there is an option to perturb zero or very small diagonal elements of U, this option being intended for use in applications such as inverse iteration. Parameters: JOB JOB is INTEGER Specifies the job to be performed by SLAGTS as follows: = 1: The equations (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -1: The equations (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be perturbed. See argument TOL below. = 2: The equations (T - lambda*I)**Tx = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -2: The equations (T - lambda*I)**Tx = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be perturbed. See argument TOL below. N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix T. A A is REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, A must contain the diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. B B is REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, B must contain the first super-diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. C C is REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, C must contain the sub-diagonal elements of L as returned from SLAGTF. D D is REAL array, dimension (N-2) On entry, D must contain the second super-diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. IN IN is INTEGER array, dimension (N) On entry, IN must contain details of the matrix P as returned from SLAGTF. Y Y is REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, the right hand side vector y. On exit, Y is overwritten by the solution vector x. TOL TOL is REAL On entry, with JOB .lt. 0, TOL should be the minimum perturbation to be made to very small diagonal elements of U. TOL should normally be chosen as about eps*norm(U), where eps is the relative machine precision, but if TOL is supplied as non-positive, then it is reset to eps*max( abs( u(i,j) ) ). If JOB .gt. 0 then TOL is not referenced. On exit, TOL is changed as described above, only if TOL is non-positive on entry. Otherwise TOL is unchanged. INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0 : successful exit .lt. 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value .gt. 0: overflow would occur when computing the INFO(th) element of the solution vector x. This can only occur when JOB is supplied as positive and either means that a diagonal element of U is very small, or that the elements of the right-hand side vector y are very large. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 162 of file slagts.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 slagts.f(3)