Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create a file on UNIX with multiple columns on certain condition Post 302903827 by Don Cragun on Thursday 29th of May 2014 09:52:55 PM
Old 05-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aia
Sorry! I recognize I did not look hard enough to what you wanted and I based my answer on your first post.

Trying to reuse your code. I haven't test it.
Code:
#!/bin/bash

find /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ -type f -mtime 1 > /tmp/try/balancing
list="/tmp/try/balancing"

while read file
do
    $first_line=$(head -1 ${file})
    $last_line=$(tail -1 ${file})
    printf "%s: \"%s\" \"%s\"\n" "${file}" "${first_line}" "${last_line}" >> temp_file.txt
done <  $list

#what's balancing1?
#temp_file.txt > balancing1

The dollar signs marked in red above won't work. And, there doesn't seem to be a need for either temp file. I think you're also looking for files modified during the last 24 hours; not files that were modified exactly 24 hours before you start find. Depending on file names and the contents of the 1st and last lines of the contents of those files, you also need some additional quotes. Try something like:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
find /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ -type f -mtime -1 | while read file
do
    first_line="$(head -1 "$file")"
    last_line="$(tail -1 "$file")"
    printf '%s: "%s" "%s"\n' "$file" "$first_line" "$last_line"
done > balancing1

Note, however, that this hasn't been tested either.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 05-29-2014 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: Switch quotes to get rid of some escapes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of 2 files based on condition defined in a different file

I have a control file which tells me which are the fields in the files I need to compare and based on the values I need to print the exact value if key =Y and output is Y , or if output is Y/N then I need to print only Y if it matches or N if it does not match and if output =N , then skip the feild... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoawk
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate file after checking condition..

Problem : I want to create a separate file for country list if condition is true. Please help. ***************************************************** Input file: SV-INCR-139302-365540488-201104090934.sqllog SV-INCR-1082-552793184-201104040805.sqllog SV-INCR-1077-855045741-201104040805.sqllog... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaemo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk match multiple columns in multiple lines in single file

Hi, Input 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 3546 9887 chr5.fa chr9.fa 7387 7898 chrX.fa chr3.fa 7488 7389 chr21.fa chr3.fa 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 3546 9887 chr9.fa chr5.fa 7898 7387 chrX.fa chr3.fa Desired Output 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 2 3546 9887 chr5.fa chr9.fa 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort based on Multiple Columns in UNIX

Hi, I would like to sort a list in different ways: 1> Unique based on Field 1 with highest Field 4 For Instance Input: 1678923450;11112222333344;11-1x;2_File.xml 1678923450;11112222333344;11-1x;5_File.xml 1234567890;11113333222244;11-1x;3_File.xml Output: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple UNIX Files for Multiple SQL Rows output

Dear All, I am trying to write a Unix Script which fires a sql query. The output of the sql query gives multiple rows. Each row should be saved in a separate Unix File. The number of rows of sql output can be variable. I am able save all the rows in one file but in separate files. Any... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul_Bhasin
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Select Columns from two CSV files in UNIX and create a third file based on comparision

Hi , I want to compare first 3 columns of File A and File B and create a new file File C which will have all rows from File B and will include rows that are present in File A and not in File B based on First 3 column comparison. Thanks in advance for your help. File A A,B,C,45,46... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a UNIX script file with multiple commands

Hi Good morning all, I want to create script file with multiple commands. For ex: pmrep connect is one of the command to connect to repository. pmrep objectexport is another command to export objects to a file. These commands should run sequentially.But when i try to execute this, the first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate 2 columns, add sum IF two columns satisfy the condition

HI All, I'm embedding SQL query in Script which gives following output: Assignee Group Total ABC Group1 17 PQR Group2 5 PQR Group3 6 XYZ Group1 10 XYZ Group3 5 I have saved the above output in a file. How do i sum up the contents of this output so as to get following output: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khushbu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help search multiple condition from a file.

OS: window 7 shell : korn shell I have 2 file , i'm need grep data according File_1 from file 2. File_1 CAL_ENAB_N_4_ $2N12743_29 +12V File_2 NODE CAL_ENAB_N_4_ PINS 21548; PROBES P1465 3651, 46900 tn2700.1 LWT; WIRES (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split into multiple files by using Unique columns in a UNIX file

I have requirement to split below file (sample.csv) into multiple files by using the unique columns (first 3 are unique columns) sample.csv 123|22|56789|ABCDEF|12AB34|2019-07-10|2019-07-10|443.3400|1|1 123|12|5679|BCDEFG|34CD56|2019-07-10|2019-07-10|896.7200|1|2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RVSP
3 Replies
XTERMCONTROL(1) 						   User Commands						   XTERMCONTROL(1)

NAME
xtermcontrol - dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. SYNOPSIS
xtermcontrol [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
xtermcontrol makes it easy to change colors, title, font and geometry of a running XFree86 xterm(1), as well as to report the current set- tings of the aforementioned properties. Window manipulations de-/iconify, raise/lower, maximize/restore and reset are also supported. To complete the feature set; xtermcontrol lets advanced users issue any xterm control sequence of their choosing. OPTIONS
--fg=COLOR Set foreground color (see also COLOR NAMES). --bg=COLOR Set background color. --colorN=COLOR Set N'th [0-15] color. --highlight=COLOR Set highlight color. --cursor=COLOR Set cursor color. --mouse-fg=COLOR Set mouse pointer foreground color. --mouse-bg=COLOR Set mouse pointer background color. --font=FONT Set font name (see also FONT NAMES). Alternatively it is possible to specify a fontmenu index as '#[0-6]' or navigate the fontmenu by relative sizes as '#+N' or '#-N', where N is an optional integer. --title=STRING Set window title. Note that mechanisms like the bash(1) PROMPT_COMMAND may overwrite the title. --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set size and/or position. Through its control sequences the xterm only recognize positive XOFF and YOFF offsets, which are pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. xtermcontrol is therefore unable to handle negative offsets as described in the X(7x) GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS and therefore truncates negative values to zero. --get-fg Report foreground color. --get-bg Report background color. --get-colorN Report N'th [0-15] color. --get-highlight Report highlight color. --get-cursor Report cursor color. --get-mouse-fg Report mouse pointer foreground color. --get-mouse-bg Report mouse pointer background color. --get-font Report font. --get-title Report window title. --get-geometry Report size and position. The size of the text area is reported in characters and the position is reported in pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. --maximize Maximize window. --restore Restore maximized window. --iconify Iconify window. --de-iconify De-iconify window. --raise Raise window. --lower Lower window. --reset Full reset. --raw=CTLSEQS Issue raw control sequence (see also XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES). --file=FILE Force xtermcontrol to read configurations (see also CONFIGURATION) from FILE instead of the standard personal initialization file ~/.xtermcontrol. --force, -f Skip TERM environment variable check. --verbose, -v Print verbose reports. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. CONFIGURATION
xtermcontrol reads a default, ~/.xtermcontrol, or a user specified configuration file on startup. Each line in the file is either a com- ment or contains an attribute. Attributes consist of a keyword and an associated value: keyword = value # comment The valid keyword/value combinations are: foreground="COLOR" background="COLOR" highlight="COLOR" cursor="COLOR" mouse-foreground="COLOR" mouse-background="COLOR" geometry="WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF" font="FONT" color0="COLOR" color1="COLOR" color2="COLOR" color3="COLOR" color4="COLOR" color5="COLOR" color6="COLOR" color7="COLOR" color8="COLOR" color9="COLOR" color10="COLOR" color11="COLOR" color12="COLOR" color13="COLOR" color14="COLOR" color15="COLOR" Whitespace is ignored in attributes unless within a quoted value. The character '#' is taken to begin a comment. Each '#' and all remaining characters on that line is ignored. FONT NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) FONT NAMES. Font names like '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-iso8859-1' are very cumber- some to write, so it is convenient to make use of aliases, e.g. 'fixed' or '8x13', if present in fonts.alias files of the font directo- ries. COLOR NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) COLOR NAMES. Basically this means that colors are specified by name or rgb value, e.g. 'blue', 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF' or '#00F'. Colors are typically reported by the xterm in a device-dependent numerical form, e.g. 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF'. Note that old syntax rgb values should always be quoted to avoid '#' being interpreted as the beginning of a comment by the shell (see also FILES). XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES
The secret behind xtermcontrol is xterm control sequences. All the possible (there are a plethora of them) control sequences are documented in ctlseqs.txt, found in the xterm(1) distribution (see also FILES). TROUBLESHOOTING
If read/write permissions on the tty's are changed so that special group membership is required to be able to write to the pseudo terminal, the easiest workaround is to install xtermcontrol setuid root. Xterm(1) has three resources, allowWindowOps, allowTitleOps, and allowFontOps, that enables or disables special operations which xtermcon- trol relies on. If any of these resources are set (or defaults) to 'false' xtermcontrol may hang. The resources corresponds to xtermcon- trol options as: allowWindowOps: --raise --lower --restore --maximize --iconify --de-iconify --get-title --geometry --get-geometry allowTitleOps: --title allowFontOps: --font --get-font All three resources can usually be enabled for the current xterm session via a menu; ctrl+rightclick and look for menu item names like 'Allow Window Ops'. To set these resource values persistently you can add the following to either your local ~/.Xdefaults file, or to a system-wide resource file like /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm: *VT100.allowWindowOps: true *VT100.allowTitleOps: true *VT100.allowFontOps: true FILES
<XRoot>/X11/rgb.txt Default rgb color name file location. ctlseqs.txt Xterm control sequences documentation. Distributed with xterm from http://dickey.his.com/xterm/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), X(7x) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> xtermcontrol 2.10 October 17, 2009 XTERMCONTROL(1)