Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create table within awk-if statement Post 302903812 by Aia on Thursday 29th of May 2014 06:29:36 PM
Old 05-29-2014
Assuming that you are referring that the html is not showing as html but as text when you send it via sendmail.

You need to tell about Content-Type

Content-Type: text/html

Personally, whoever invented the sending of html in emails should be very proud of it NOT! That's how far I am willing to go with it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create new table/field

Dear Folks, If I have 2 files, say A and B in format: A: $1 $2 01032 12856 01041 13351 01042 11071 01042 12854 01042 12862 01042 12866 . . . and B: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gr4wk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table

Hi I want create table based on csv file .I have come up with some informations getting columns names and then no idea from that .Please any help file.txt col1|col2|col3|col4|col5 1234|zxxxx|xcvvv|300|null file.sh file=$1 c1=`head -1 $file|tr "|" "\n" |cat -n` echo "$c1"... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
31 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a table - very new to unix

I need to create a simple table of information by grepping several columns from various files and display them all at once with simple headers on top. Can anyone help get me started? I am very new to unix so I really have no idea how to work with this and I appreciate any help I can get! Let me... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aj250
11 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Pivot table

I would like to use awk to parse a file with three columns in, like: Chennai,01,1 Chennai,07,1 Chennai,08,3 Chennai,09,6 Chennai,10,12 Chennai,11,19 Chennai,12,10 Chennai,13,12 Kerala,09,2 AP,10,1 AP,11,1 Delhi,13,1 Kerala,13,3 Chennai,00,3 Chennai,01,1 Chennai,02,1 Chennai,07,5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boston_nilesh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Script from table

I have a table ABC with 4 columns and below data Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4 prod,10,12,joba prod,10,11,jobb qa,10,12,jobc I want to create an output file like this Server:prod StartTime:10 EndTime:12 JobName:joba Server:prod StartTime:10 EndTime:11 JobName:jobb (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: traininfa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a for loop statement for removing files listed in Oracle table?

Hello Frens, I am a newbie to shell scripting. I need a help on creating a for loop script (shell script) for removing files. I have a table called a_table with column name fil_name which contains all the files that need to be removed. Thank you in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisha_singh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows into columns and create table with awk

Hello I've four fields . They are First Name, Last Name, Age, Country. So when I run a Unix command, I get below output with these fields comes every time in different order as you can see. Some times first name is the first row and other time last name is first row in the output and etc etc..... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rprpr
9 Replies
DACSEMAIL(1)						       DACS Commands Manual						      DACSEMAIL(1)

NAME
dacsemail - Simple outgoing email agent SYNOPSIS
dacsemail [-bcc addr] [{-bf | --bodyfile} path] [{-bs | --bodystring} string] [-cc addr] [-ct value] [{-f | --from} from] [-h | --help] [-header name value] [{-mailer | -mta} path] [{-mailer-flags | -mta-flags} string] [-p | --prompt] [-save path] [{-s | --subject} subject] [-sender sender] [{-t | --to} addr] [-transform] [-v | --verbose] [-var name value] DESCRIPTION
This program is part of the DACS suite. The dacsemail utility is a simple agent for sending email messages. It is a stand-alone program that neither accepts the usual DACS command line options (dacsoptions[1]) nor accesses any DACS configuration files. dacsemail constructs an RFC 822[2] format message but does not transmit it. It requires an external mailer, such as sendmail(8)[3], to transfer the message. The mailer command and its arguments can be specified on the dacsemail command line (see -mailer) or at build time (see dacs.install(7)[4]). OPTIONS
If the source for the message body is not specified on the command line, it will be read from the standard input. At least one recipient must be specified using -t, -cc, or -bcc. -bcc addr Send the message to the undisclosed recipient address addr. It is the responsibility of the mailer to delete these recipient addresses before transmitting the message. This flag may be repeated. -bf path --bodyfile path Read the message body from path. If path is -, the standard input is read. -bs string --bodystring string Use string as the message body. -cc addr Send the message to recipient addr as a carbon copy. This flag may be repeated. -ct value Add a Content-type header of MIME type value to the message. If value is multipart/alternative, an appropriate boundary variable will be created, unless one has already been specified on the command line with the -var flag. It is assumed that the message body has already been correctly formatted for this MIME type, or will be after it has been transformed (see -transform). -f from --from from Use from as the value of the message's From header. -h --help Print usage information and then exit. -header name value Add a message header named name with value value. This flag should only be used for headers that do not have specific flags (-t, -ct, -f, and so on). -mailer path -mta path Use the message transfer agent command path (a full pathname) instead of the configured program. This program must read the message from its standard input and extract the list of recipients from the message's To, Cc, and Bcc headers. (If such a mailer is unavailable, it will be necessary to write a small program to wrap a mailer and provide the required interface to dacsemail.) The default is to run sendmail(8)[3] with its -t flag. -mailer-flags string -mta-flags string Regardless of the mailer, use string for its command line flags. -p --prompt Just before the message is to be sent, display it (to stderr) and wait for the user to respond to a prompt. At the prompt, the user may abort the message or allow it to be sent. -save path Just before sending (or prompting), write a copy of the outgoing message to path, replacing any previous contents of the file. -s subject --subject subject Set the message's Subject header to subject. -sender sender Set the message's Sender header to sender. -t addr --to addr Add addr as a "To" recipient. This flag may be repeated. -transform The message body, regardless of how it is specified, is filtered through the DACS transformation function. Please refer to dacs_transform(8)[5] for details. No access control rules may be associated with any transformation; i.e., they are all unconditional. A similar effect can be obtained by piping the output of dacstransform(1)[6] into dacsemail. -v --verbose Enable verbose output for debugging. -var name value Create a variable[7] named name set to value for the transform function. The variable's value can be referenced within the message body in the DACS namespace as ${DACS::name}. The variable must not already be defined. EXAMPLES
Suppose the myfile contains the following text: <!--DACS expand="*" --> This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --${DACS::boundary} Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, ${DACS::user}! --${DACS::boundary} Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <p> <font color="red">Hello, ${DACS::user}!</font> </p> --${DACS::boundary}-- <!--DACS end="*" --> The following command might be used to send a message with a multipart/alternative structured body: % dacsemail -ct multipart/alternative -f auggie@example.com -t harley@example.com -s "Hello" -transform -var user Auggie -bf myfile The resulting message will look something like the following: To: harley@example.com From: auggie@example.com Subject: Hello Content-type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_----------=_03885942562898683484" Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:48:41 -0700 (PDT) Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-mailer: DACS 1.4.24a This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --_----------=_03885942562898683484 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Auggie! --_----------=_03885942562898683484 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <p> <font color="red">Hello, Auggie!</font> </p> --_----------=_03885942562898683484-- FILES
None. DIAGNOSTICS
The program exits 0 if everything was fine, 1 if an error occurred. Error messages are printed to stderr. Errors and routine messages from the mailer are recorded wherever they usually logged, outside of DACS BUGS
This program's primary purpose is for testing DACS functionality that is needed for internal purposes. No significant improvements are envisioned. You could throw a rock and hit a better email agent. SEE ALSO
dacs.exprs(5)[8], dacs.install(7)[4], dacs_transform(8)[5], sendmail(8)[3] AUTHOR
Distributed Systems Software (www.dss.ca[9]) COPYING
Copyright2003-2012 Distributed Systems Software. See the LICENSE[10] file that accompanies the distribution for licensing information. NOTES
1. dacsoptions http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.1.html#dacsoptions 2. RFC 822 http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc822.txt 3. sendmail(8) http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=sendmail&apropos=0&sektion=8&manpath=FreeBSD+9.0-RELEASE&format=html 4. dacs.install(7) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.install.7.html#configure_options 5. dacs_transform(8) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs_transform.8.html 6. dacstransform(1) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacstransform.1.html 7. a variable http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.exprs.5.html#variable_syntax 8. dacs.exprs(5) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.exprs.5.html#transform 9. www.dss.ca http://www.dss.ca 10. LICENSE http://dacs.dss.ca/man/../misc/LICENSE DACS 1.4.27b 10/22/2012 DACSEMAIL(1)