Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Java -Dupdateagent -- what is this? Post 302903763 by badoshi on Thursday 29th of May 2014 11:46:43 AM
Old 05-29-2014
Java -Dupdateagent -- what is this?

I noticed this process running on one of our servers, any ideas what it's doing? It's obviously an update agent, but its running on some of our servers and not others (all standard build)

Code:
root      6594     1  0 May28 ?        00:00:03 java -Dupdateagent -Djava.endorsed.dirs=. -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=60 -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ne

I've googled for "Dupdateagent" but it hardly comes back with anything. Any suggestions most welcome.

RSATTACH(8)						   Linux System Managers Manual 					       RSATTACH(8)

NAME
rsattach - Start a Rose interface SYNOPSIS
rsattach [-i inetaddr] [-v] port DESCRIPTION
Rsattach takes many of the parameters for the port from the rsports(5) file. The port argument is the name of a port as given in the rsports(5) file. Rsattach tries to find the free Rose device in the system. The device name checked is rose0. If no free Rose device is available an error is generated and the program terminates. OPTIONS
-i inetaddr Set the internet address of the interface. This address may either be a dotted decimal address or a host name. -v Display the version. SEE ALSO
rose(4), rsparms(4), rsports(5), ifconfig(8). BUGS
The program can be run many times with the same arguments creating many instances of the same attributes on different devices. Not a good idea. AUTHOR
Jonathan Naylor G4KLX <g4klx@g4klx.demon.co.uk> Linux 27 August 1996 RSATTACH(8)