Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: USB-Ethernet/Ethernet-USB
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users USB-Ethernet/Ethernet-USB Post 302903642 by Corona688 on Wednesday 28th of May 2014 05:45:48 PM
Old 05-28-2014
What kind of instrumentation? Just dealing with this building's solar instrumentation I've needed to combine RS-232, RS-485, USB, I2C, and ethernet. If you're lucky enough to stick with one manufacturer I suppose it's the same protocol all the time.

You could set up another computer to send it to the "usb server" I suppose, but that seems like overkill. It could be possible to run your application on the same machine. Is this application willing to read from a FIFO or file?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet

We are trying to Establish Network using Linux.Now we are facing the problem in configring Ethernet.In out network we are giving eth0 in server and activating it at the boot time,so it is activating as it is but when we define the Ethernet of node on server and allowing it to activate at boot time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: at_renai2001
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Quad Ethernet

I have a Quad Ethernet card in a 220R. 2 ports activated. Each has its own hostname file and both hostnames are in the hosts file. I want both ports to have the same IP address so we can use the 2nd port in case we lose communication on the port. On bootup, the box gives me: SIOCSLIFFLAGS:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
5 Replies

3. AIX

ethernet down

Hello everyone I have a problem with one server, has Aix 5.3 in the errpt has this message IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION F3931284 0105133009 I H ent0 ETHERNET NETWORK RECOVERY MODE EC0BCCD4 0105133009 T H ent0 ETHERNET DOWN F3931284 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Ethernet Port Name

I have a new Sun 440 and I am trying to configure it. Non of the Ethernet ports are enabled; when I issue "ifconfig -a" it returns nothing. Is there a way to know the available port name (e.g. ce, bge, etc.) by running a command or so ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
4 Replies

5. Solaris

ethernet

my solris box network is unreachable how to solve this ipaddress assiagning and entry in vi /etc/host how to solve network is unreachable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris ethernet card and mounting usb drives

I had installed soalris 10 on my dell vostro 1400.It had installed succefully. If i type ifconfig -a it is showing only my loop back adpater. So how to tell me how to mount my usb drive and how to configure my lan ethernet card,My lan ethernet card is Broadcom. Tell me step... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testerindia25
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

8. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies
MOS(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MOS(4)

NAME
mos -- Moschip MCS7730/MCS7830/MCS7832 USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uhci device ohci device ehci device usb device miibus device mos Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_mos_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The mos driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Moschip MCS7730/MCS7830/MCS7832 chipset. The adapters that contain the Moschip MCS7730/MCS7830/MCS7832 chipset will operate at 100Base-TX and full-duplex. The Moschip contains a 10/100 Ethernet MAC with MII interface and is designed to work with both Ethernet and HomePNA transceivers. Although designed to interface with 100Mbps peripherals, this only works with USB 2.0. The existing USB 1.0 standard specifies a maximum transfer speed of 12Mbps. USB 1.0 Users should therefore not expect to actually achieve 100Mbps speeds with these devices. The Moschip supports a 64-bit multicast hash table, single perfect filter entry for the station address and promiscuous mode. Packets are received and transmitted over separate USB bulk transfer endpoints. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
Adapters supported by the mos driver include: o Sitecom LN030 SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8) ADMtek AN986 data sheet, http://www.moschip.com/data/products/MCS7830/Data%20Sheet_7830.pdf. HISTORY
The mos device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 8.2. AUTHORS
The mos driver was written by Rick van der Zwet info@rickvanderzwet.nl. BSD
February 14, 2011 BSD