Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find matched patterns in a column of 2 files with different size and merge them Post 302903598 by Akshay Hegde on Wednesday 28th of May 2014 02:16:05 PM
Old 05-28-2014
I think its good if you can show few line of your real data... will see what went wrong...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column matched in two files

I have two files with multiple columns separated by commas. I want to search one column from the first file in the second file; If there is a matching, will append that matched row to the first file. Let me show an example... (unique values in the search column) First file aa,reg1,bb,cc,dd,ff... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files of differrent size with one field common in both files using awk

hi, i am facing a problem in merging two files using awk, the problem is as stated below, file1: A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|1 M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|2 AA|BB|CC|DD|EE|FF|GG|HH|II|1 .... .... .... file2 : 1|Mn|op|qr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi1982
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group matched patterns in different files

Hi, I have a master file that i need to split into multiple files based on matched patterns. sample of my data as follows:- scaff_1 a e 123 130 c_scaff_100 scaff_1 a e 132 138 c_scaff_101 scaff_1 a e 140 150 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates in column 1 and merge their lines (awk?)

Hi, I have a file (sorted by sort) with 8 tab delimited columns. The first column contains duplicated fields and I need to merge all these identical lines. My input file: comp100002 aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg comp100003 aba aba aba aba aba aba aba comp100003 fff fff fff fff fff fff fff... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: falcox
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns in multiple files

Hi, I need help to find matched patterns in 30 files residing in a folder simultaneously. All these files only contain 1 column. For example, File1 Gr_1 st-e34ss-11dd bt-wwd-fewq pt-wq02-ddpk pw-xsw17-aqpp Gr_2 srq-wy09-yyd9 sqq-fdfs-ffs9 Gr_3 etas-qqa-dfw ddw-ppls-qqw... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to merge two tables based on a matched column?

Hi, Please excuse me , i have searched unix forum, i am unable to find what i expect , my query is , i have 2 files of same structure and having 1 similar field/column , i need to merge 2 tables/files based on the one matched field/column (that is field 1), file 1:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns and print them with other patterns not the whole line

Hi, I am trying to extract some patterns from a line. The input file is space delimited and i could not use column to get value after "IN" or "OUT" patterns as there could be multiple white spaces before the next digits that i need to print in the output file . I need to print 3 patterns in a... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing matched patterns in multiple files with awk

Hello all, I have since given up trying to figure this out and used sed instead, but I am trying to understand awk and was wondering how someone might do this in awk. I am trying to match on the first field of a specific file with the first field on multiple files, and append the second field... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlmalowned
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all matched lines from two files

Hello, everyone I have two files like this: File 1: A B C D E FFile 2:A B 1 A C 2 A K 3 B A 4 D E 3 W X 2 A B 2I want to print all lines (file2) that the first two columns are consist of elements from file1. So, what I expected is : A B 1 A B 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Find files excluding file patterns and subfolder patterns

Hello. For a given folder, I want to select any files find $PATH1 -f \( -name "*" but omit any files like pattern name ! -iname "*.jpg" ! -iname "*.xsession*" ..... \) and also omit any subfolder like pattern name -type d \( -name "/etc/gconf/gconf.*" -o -name "*cache*" -o -name "*Cache*" -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
PLUCKER-DECODE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 PLUCKER-DECODE(1)

NAME
plucker-decode - parses the Plucker cache file(s) SYNOPSIS
plucker-decode [-h] [-v] [-s] [-S] [-d] [-z] <filename> ... DESCRIPTION
plucker-decode This tool disassembles files generated by the Plucker parser (or any other Plucker compatible parser) and collects statis- tics about the disassembled documents. If you get a traceback with an assertion error, something is wrong in the data file or the data is compressed with ZLib and you forgot to specify the -z option. OPTIONS
-h display usage information and exit -v output version information and exit -s show statics for each document -S show summary statistics for all documents -d show disassembly information for each document -z use ZLib to uncompress the documents SEE ALSO
plucker-dump(1) AUTHOR
Holger Duerer <holly@starship.python.net> (man page by Michael Nordstrom, <micke@sslug.dk>) Report bugs to http://bugs.plkr.org or <plucker-bugs@rubberchicken.org> Plucker 1.1 - http://plkr.org/ PLUCKER-DECODE(1)