Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find matched patterns in a column of 2 files with different size and merge them Post 302903579 by Akshay Hegde on Wednesday 28th of May 2014 01:22:37 PM
Old 05-28-2014
Code:
$ awk 'FNR==NR{s=$3; $3=""; A[s]=$0;next}($3 in A){print $0,A[$3]}' OFS="\t" input2 input1

This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column matched in two files

I have two files with multiple columns separated by commas. I want to search one column from the first file in the second file; If there is a matching, will append that matched row to the first file. Let me show an example... (unique values in the search column) First file aa,reg1,bb,cc,dd,ff... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files of differrent size with one field common in both files using awk

hi, i am facing a problem in merging two files using awk, the problem is as stated below, file1: A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|1 M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|2 AA|BB|CC|DD|EE|FF|GG|HH|II|1 .... .... .... file2 : 1|Mn|op|qr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi1982
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group matched patterns in different files

Hi, I have a master file that i need to split into multiple files based on matched patterns. sample of my data as follows:- scaff_1 a e 123 130 c_scaff_100 scaff_1 a e 132 138 c_scaff_101 scaff_1 a e 140 150 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates in column 1 and merge their lines (awk?)

Hi, I have a file (sorted by sort) with 8 tab delimited columns. The first column contains duplicated fields and I need to merge all these identical lines. My input file: comp100002 aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg comp100003 aba aba aba aba aba aba aba comp100003 fff fff fff fff fff fff fff... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: falcox
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns in multiple files

Hi, I need help to find matched patterns in 30 files residing in a folder simultaneously. All these files only contain 1 column. For example, File1 Gr_1 st-e34ss-11dd bt-wwd-fewq pt-wq02-ddpk pw-xsw17-aqpp Gr_2 srq-wy09-yyd9 sqq-fdfs-ffs9 Gr_3 etas-qqa-dfw ddw-ppls-qqw... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to merge two tables based on a matched column?

Hi, Please excuse me , i have searched unix forum, i am unable to find what i expect , my query is , i have 2 files of same structure and having 1 similar field/column , i need to merge 2 tables/files based on the one matched field/column (that is field 1), file 1:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns and print them with other patterns not the whole line

Hi, I am trying to extract some patterns from a line. The input file is space delimited and i could not use column to get value after "IN" or "OUT" patterns as there could be multiple white spaces before the next digits that i need to print in the output file . I need to print 3 patterns in a... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing matched patterns in multiple files with awk

Hello all, I have since given up trying to figure this out and used sed instead, but I am trying to understand awk and was wondering how someone might do this in awk. I am trying to match on the first field of a specific file with the first field on multiple files, and append the second field... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlmalowned
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all matched lines from two files

Hello, everyone I have two files like this: File 1: A B C D E FFile 2:A B 1 A C 2 A K 3 B A 4 D E 3 W X 2 A B 2I want to print all lines (file2) that the first two columns are consist of elements from file1. So, what I expected is : A B 1 A B 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Find files excluding file patterns and subfolder patterns

Hello. For a given folder, I want to select any files find $PATH1 -f \( -name "*" but omit any files like pattern name ! -iname "*.jpg" ! -iname "*.xsession*" ..... \) and also omit any subfolder like pattern name -type d \( -name "/etc/gconf/gconf.*" -o -name "*cache*" -o -name "*Cache*" -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
EXPLODE(3)								 1								EXPLODE(3)

explode - Split a string by string

SYNOPSIS
array explode (string $delimiter, string $string, [int $limit]) DESCRIPTION
Returns an array of strings, each of which is a substring of $string formed by splitting it on boundaries formed by the string $delimiter. PARAMETERS
o $delimiter - The boundary string. o $string - The input string. o $limit - If $limit is set and positive, the returned array will contain a maximum of $limit elements with the last element containing the rest of $string. If the $limit parameter is negative, all components except the last -$limit are returned. If the $limit parame- ter is zero, then this is treated as 1. Note Although implode(3) can, for historical reasons, accept its parameters in either order, explode(3) cannot. You must ensure that the $delimiter argument comes before the $string argument. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of strings created by splitting the $string parameter on boundaries formed by the $delimiter. If $delimiter is an empty string (""), explode(3) will return FALSE. If $delimiter contains a value that is not contained in $string and a negative $limit is used, then an empty array will be returned, otherwise an array containing $string will be returned. CHANGELOG
+--------+-----------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Support for negative $limits was added | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 explode(3) examples <?php // Example 1 $pizza = "piece1 piece2 piece3 piece4 piece5 piece6"; $pieces = explode(" ", $pizza); echo $pieces[0]; // piece1 echo $pieces[1]; // piece2 // Example 2 $data = "foo:*:1023:1000::/home/foo:/bin/sh"; list($user, $pass, $uid, $gid, $gecos, $home, $shell) = explode(":", $data); echo $user; // foo echo $pass; // * ?> Example #2 explode(3) return examples <?php /* A string that doesn't contain the delimiter will simply return a one-length array of the original string. */ $input1 = "hello"; $input2 = "hello,there"; var_dump( explode( ',', $input1 ) ); var_dump( explode( ',', $input2 ) ); ?> The above example will output: array(1) ( [0] => string(5) "hello" ) array(2) ( [0] => string(5) "hello" [1] => string(5) "there" ) Example #3 $limit parameter examples <?php $str = 'one|two|three|four'; // positive limit print_r(explode('|', $str, 2)); // negative limit (since PHP 5.1) print_r(explode('|', $str, -1)); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => one [1] => two|three|four ) Array ( [0] => one [1] => two [2] => three ) NOTES
Note This function is binary-safe. SEE ALSO
preg_split(3), str_split(3), mb_split(3), str_word_count(3), strtok(3), implode(3). PHP Documentation Group EXPLODE(3)