Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to add '--color' with pipes? Post 302903397 by alister on Tuesday 27th of May 2014 11:14:30 AM
Old 05-27-2014
vgersh99 did not just post man output, he posted the answer. What part of it did you not understand?
Did you even make an attempt.to put that man quote into practice? If so, show us the code and the error.

Regards,
Alister

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

PIPEs and Named PIPEs (FIFO) Buffer size

Hello! How I can increase or decrease predefined pipe buffer size? System FreeBSD 4.9 and RedHat Linux 9.0 Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add color in CSV cells

hi, i have text file that file contains below information. Name,Roll,Mark,Total Sivasankar,2120,89,410 Raja,2212,87,425 i need to convert text file to CSV file also the heading(Name,Roll,Mark,Total) font should be BOLD and color should be RED. how can i set fonts in csv (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Color To html Doc

I have a script which converts a .csv file to html nicely. Trying to add 3 colors, green, yellow and red to the output depending upon the values in the cells. Tried some printf command but just can't seem to get any where. Any ideas would be appreciated. nawk 'BEGIN{ FS="," print ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to add 'color' in a grep?

Hello friends - I use various grep commands to search for data in a file. However, to add 'color' seems to not work. Is there a way to add color to two items that i search? so that i can easily identify in hundreds of lines of output what i am looking for? zegrep abcdefg... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
7 Replies
fvwm-perllib(1) 						  Fvwm Utilities						   fvwm-perllib(1)

NAME
fvwm-perllib - shows the documentation of the Fvwm Perl library SYNOPSIS
fvwm-perllib [ --help|-h|-? ] [ --version|-v|-V ] [ man [ Perl::Class ] ] [ cat [ Perl::Class ] ] [ raw [ Perl::Class ] ] [ dir ] DESCRIPTION
Starting from fvwm-2.5.x versions there is a built-in support for creating fvwm modules in Perl. This fvwm-perllib utility provides help services for the fvwm Perl library. OPTIONS
--help show the help and exit --version show the version and exit --man or man [ Perl::Class ] show manual page just like man(1) --cat or cat [ Perl::Class ] show manual page in plain text --raw or raw [ Perl::Class ] generate output in man format (not human readable) --dir or dir print perllib directory without a trailing end of line USAGE
Use this in the fvwm modules written in Perl: use lib `fvwm-perllib dir`; Introduction to the Fvwm Perl library: % fvwm-perllib man Manual page for the "FVWM::Module" class: % fvwm-perllib man FVWM::Module Standard options: % fvwm-perllib --help % fvwm-perllib --version AUTHORS
Mikhael Goikhman <migo@homemail.com>. COPYING
The script is distributed by the same terms as fvwm itself. See GNU General Public License for details. BUGS
No known bugs. Report bugs to fvwm-bug@fvwm.org. perl v5.8.0 2003-03-11 fvwm-perllib(1)