Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace multiple strings of a file Post 302903391 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 27th of May 2014 09:55:49 AM
Old 05-27-2014
With over 300++ posts already, please let's know where exactly you're stuck.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace strings in a file

Hi I want to change the following passwd: files nis group: files nis in /etc/nsswitch.conf to be passwd: files compat group: files compat I tried cp -p nsswitch.conf nsswitch.conf.old (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple strings in a file.

Hello Freinds, Hope, you all are doing well. I have to replace the static strings from one file (File 1) with the dynamic strings from the another file (File2). I've written a shell script for this.Below is the contents. while read line do field=`echo $line | awk '{print $1}'` ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh.chandan18
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find and replace strings in multiple files

Hi All, Iam new to unix, I need to find string and replace it in the file name. Like text_123_0.txt,text_123_1.txt,text_123_2.txt. I need to search 123 and replace it with 234 . Is there any unix command to replace them in single command since i have 5 directories. So i need to go each and every... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a string with contents of a txt file containing multiple lines of strings

Hello everyone, ive been trying to replace a string "kw01" in an xml file with the contents of a txt file having multiple lines. im a unix newbie and all the sed combinations i tried resulted to being garbled. Below is the contents of the txt file: RAISEDATTIME --------------------... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the strings in file

Hello members, I been following this forums since very long time. I need to do one job. In my script I am evaluating one variable, lets say n=100. Now i have xml file inside which i need to replace the numbers in the desired lines with the evaluated number(n) +1. For example let's say... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailtosaiki
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find multiple strings and replace single string

Hi, following Perl code i used for finding multiple strings and replace with single string. code: #!/usr/bin/perl my @files = <*.txt>; foreach $fileName (@files) { print "$fileName\n"; my $searchStr = ',rdata\)' | ',,rdata\)' | ', ,rdata\)'; my $replaceStr =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and replace multiple strings in a file with multiple filenames in a file

Hi, I have a file containing list of strings like i: Pink Yellow Green and I have file having list of file names in a directory j : a b c d Where j contains of a ,b,c,d are as follows a: Pink (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madabhg
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies
JEKYLL(1)							   User Commands							 JEKYLL(1)

NAME
Jekyll - is a blogaware, static site generator. USAGE
jekyll # . -> ./_site jekyll <path to write generated site> # . -> <path> jekyll <path to source> <path to write generated site> # <path> -> <path> jekyll import <importer name> <options> # imports posts using named import script Configuration is read from '<source>/_config.yml' but can be overridden using the following options: OPTIONS
--file [PATH] File to import from --dbname [TEXT] DB to import from --user [TEXT] Username to use when importing --pass [TEXT] Password to use when importing --host [HOST ADDRESS] Host to import from --site [SITE NAME] Site to import from --[no-]safe Safe mode (default unsafe) --[no-]auto Auto-regenerate --server [PORT] Start web server (default port 4000) --no-server Do not start a web server --base-url [BASE_URL] Serve website from a given base URL (default '/' --[no-]lsi Use LSI for better related posts --[no-]pygments Use pygments to highlight code --rdiscount Use rdiscount gem for Markdown --redcarpet Use redcarpet gem for Markdown --kramdown Use kramdown gem for Markdown --time [TIME] Time to generate the site for --[no-]future Render future dated posts --permalink [TYPE] Use 'date' (default) for YYYY/MM/DD --paginate [POSTS_PER_PAGE] Paginate a blog's posts --limit_posts [MAX_POSTS] Limit the number of posts to publish --url [URL] Set custom site.url --version Display current version AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Youhei SASAKI <uwabami@gfd-dennou.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system(but may be used by others). Jekyll 0.11.2 May 2012 JEKYLL(1)