Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX VIOS - fibre adapters not seeing luns Post 302903346 by -=XrAy=- on Tuesday 27th of May 2014 04:38:50 AM
Old 05-27-2014
Hi,

here some hints:

- Did you used the same switch ports in the data center?
- (if not) Did you checked the speed, fillword, NPIV settings for the used switch ports?
- See your storage admin your wwns as 'logged in'?
- Maybe you musst reenable a logged out server adapter on storage level (i don't know which Storage you use)

PS
Can you please post the output from following commands:
Code:
lspath
fcstat <fcsX>        # for both adapters
lscfg -vl <hdiskX>   # for one of the disk with a failed path

Regards

Last edited by -=XrAy=-; 05-27-2014 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: add commands

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

4 x fibre cards elimination

Hi, I have variables like mentioned below and want to separate as mentioned in output. var1="4 x fibre cards" var2="2 fibre cards" var3="6 - fibre cards" var4="4 x dual-port" I have variables like this.I want to separate numbers from this and fibre cards from this. output has to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
4 Replies

2. AIX

20EE0008 : No adapters found Adapter, Riser, System Bd.

Hello, When I try to upgrade AIX from 5.1 to 5.3 I get this error message 20EE0008 : No adapters found Adapter, Riser, System Bd. Anyone know anything about it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Designating Default Gateway for multiple networks/adapters

Hi I have 4 NIC's connected to my RHEL 5.3 server. Two on one subnet creating bond0, and two on a second subnet which create bond1. Both bonds are set to use DHCP to obtain IP addresses. Here is the config file for ifcfg-bond0: DHCP_HOSTNAME=rrnltshckvmx001 DEVICE=bond0 BOOTPROTO=dhcp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padow
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Order of Adapters in Windows 7

I am trying to get my boss' ipad to print on our local printers, and rapidly coming to loathe the product. After several false starts I'm attempting to use the free WePrint application, running on a Windows machine, to "forward" our printers from it to the ipad over the local network. I've hit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

6. AIX

VIO SEA Adapters

hi guys BTW pretty new to VIO I inherited 2 I BM Power Server - blades PS701 - One is already configured using en8 # lsdev -Cc adapter | grep ent ent0 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent1 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent2 Available 04-20... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
8 Replies
ee(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						     ee(7)

NAME
ee - Intel (82558/28559) PCI 10/100 Ethernet SYNOPSIS
config_driver ee DESCRIPTION
The ee interface supports the Intel 82558 and 82559-based Compaq adapters (including the DE60x line of adapters). These PCI bus adapters support standard 10/100 Ethernet operation, and provide equivalent service compared to the DE500-BA adapters (IEEE 802.3u Autonegotiation, full/half duplex, 10/100 Mbps). In addition to the standard features, the Compaq adapters support a hardware feature called parallel detection. This feature detects speed (10/100) and mode (full/half duplex) automatically when connecting to a repeater/switch that does NOT perform IEEE 802.3u Autonegotiation. By default, the driver uses Autonegotiation mode. This mode either connects to the remote partner with IEEE 802.3u Autonegotiation or resolves the speed and mode using parallel detection. The adapters are designed to automatically connect to all network configurations without manual intervention. However, if manual intervention is required, lan_config operations are supported (see lan_config(8) for more information). If you want to preserve your lan_config command information across system restarts, edit the /etc/inet.local file and include the appropriate commands. This information also remains the same through system version updates. This driver does NOT require new console firmware to operate in a runtime only manner. Tru64 UNIX does not use console variables to define media, mode, or speed. Booting over a network requires SRM firmware Version 5.5 or later (on most platforms). ERRORS
The following diagnostic error messages contain relevant information provided by the ee interface, and are printed on the console. Each message begins with the adapter identification, including the unit number of the adapter. The ee driver found a system that has not defined cachelinesize in the PCI configuration header. This is an informational message only, and the driver correctly defines the cache- linesize parameter. Not enough free memory exists to run the driver. The EEPROM on the board did not pass the checksum test. The board indicated in this message is unusable. The device did not pass self test. The diagnostic test that failed follows immediately after this message. The board indicated in this message is unusable. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: lan_config(8) Files: inet.local(4) delim off ee(7)