Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gcc linker search path order
Top Forums Programming Gcc linker search path order Post 302903284 by jim mcnamara on Monday 26th of May 2014 05:14:15 PM
Old 05-26-2014
That would be:
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/home/richj/product/zlib/lib

LD_LIBRARY_PATH was generally meant for runtime not compile time - that is up to you with -L. Using an oddball version of a generally standard library is the path to future problems. I would link against the archive (.a) rather than the .so -- if you plan to move it to other boxes.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting path for GCC?

Dear all, I have downloaded the latest version of gcc --- gcc-3.3.1.tar.gz from gnu.org. My Linux distribution is Mandrake 9.0. This was how I installed it: su - passwrd: mkdir /usr/local/src cd /usr/local/src gunzip /tmp/gcc-3.3.1.tar.gz #where I downloaded the file tar xvf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

2. Programming

XWindows programming + gcc linker options

Im trying to compile some code that involves using X-Windows based functions (XDisplayName() and XOpenDisplay() ), however each time I run the compiler, Im getting a problem with the linker. The linker says that both XDisplayName() and XOpenDisplay() are unresolved text symbols. Is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

3. Solaris

gcc & linker question (Solaris 10)

Hi, I'm confused about the GCC & Linking process could somebody please briefly explain? I have GCC 3.4.6 installed from SunFreeware. Reading the narrative alongside the package states "It was compiled to use the SUN assembler and loader usually in /usr/ccs/bin if the SUNW developer packages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Celtic_Monkey
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PATH dircetory search order

Hello I using CygWin and am working on project that requires whereby after I make some code changes and rebuild I have to manually copy the updated files into the install directory to test them. There is a build output directory where these files placed, but the program will not run from there.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobban
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - search order

Hi, I would like "grep" command to search ALL files in current directory in the order of their modified/created date. How can i do this? e.g., if 3 files contain the pattern i am searching for, i need the output of "grep" to be in the order such that old file search result should come first.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies

6. Programming

GCC: Choose my own linker

Hi, I do not use the default linker, and instead us another one and pass this argument -Wl,--dynamic-linker=<path to linker> to gcc when compiling. However, what happens if the linker is not under /lib and /lib64 and I am not able to create a symlink to the linker in /lib or /lib64 due to no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shompis
2 Replies

7. Programming

gcc linker address

Hai, I have two (Pgm1.c and Pgm2.c) simple programs, which is compiled using gcc. Now we have two exe's (Pgm1 and Pgm2). When i executed the nm Pgm1 and nm Pgm2, in the listed symbols the address of main is same for both programs (08048344 T main) at run time also. Doubt: 1) What is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
3 Replies

8. Programming

Specifying dynamic library path to linker at compile time

I would like to compile a binary that doesnot depend on LD_LIBRARY_PATH as this binary will be setuid to owner and used by other users and since setuid doesnot support LD_LIBRARY_PATH making it independent of LD_LIBRARY_PATH would be great. But I am not able to specify the path of the shared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waavman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Php search path

Probably simple, but I don't see it. jack@veritron /u/email $ cat p3.php <?php require_once './lib/swift_required.php'; $x=get_include_path(); echo "$x \n"; set_include_path('./lib:./lib/classes:'.$x); $x=get_include_path(); echo "$x \n"; $transport =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt
1 Replies
LHAPDF-CONFIG(1)						   User Commands						  LHAPDF-CONFIG(1)

NAME
lhapdf-config - script to get version number and compiler flags of the installed LHAPDF library SYNOPSIS
lhapdf-config [[--help|-h] | [--prefix] | [--pdfsets-path]] DESCRIPTION
lhapdf-config is a tool that is used to configure to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams that use LHAPDF. OPTIONS
--help | -h : show this help message --prefix : show the installation prefix (cf. autoconf) --incdir : show the path to the LHAPDF header directory (for C++ interface) --libdir : show the path to the LHAPDF library directory --datadir : show the path to the LHAPDF installed data directory --pdfsets-path : show the path to the directory containing the PDF set data files --cppflags : get compiler flags for use with the C preprocessor stage of C++ compilation --ldflags : get compiler flags for use with the linker stage of any compilation --version : returns LHAPDF release version number AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Lifeng Sun <lifongsun@gmail.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). lhapdf-config May 2011 LHAPDF-CONFIG(1)