Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Parameter passing to function with void * as Argument Post 302903258 by alister on Monday 26th of May 2014 12:22:49 PM
Old 05-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Bad advice! Very dangerous! Unions do not work that way!

If you don't add the 'type' value to the structures, then it won't work properly in the union! It will refer to some other member.
I'm assuming that you misunderstood what I meant by 'tagged union'. It's the final data structure in my previous post, following the text which you quoted. In C, a tagged union is not a union; it is a struct containing a tag (or type) and a union.

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Argument to Function

May i know how to pass an argument to a function in a shell script? Sorry, i din stated that it is in a shell script in my previous post. Means: checkStatus() { ........... } read status; I wanna use the status in the function checkstatus, how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a string parameter to a function

I need to pass a parameter to a function in a script. My parameter is a string. When I display the parameter within my function, I only get the first word from string I pass in. How can I make the function receive the whole string (and not terminate at the first space it encounters)?. part of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parameter passing in a function

I need to pass a parameter to a function in a script. My parameter is a string. When I display the parameter within my function, I only get the first word from string I pass in. How can I make the function receive the whole string (and not terminate at the first space it encounters)?. part of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
2 Replies

4. Programming

How to return void function pointer

Hello all im trying to build function that will return void function pointer what is mean is ( not working ) the main function void * myClass::getFunction(int type){ if(type==1) return &myClass::Test1; if(type==2) return &myClass::Test2; } void myClass::Test1(){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing more than one argument in a function

Hi All, Calling a function with one argument and storing the return value in a shell script is as below:( so far I know) value="`fun_1 "argument1"`" Its working perfectly for me. Can u help me with passing more than one argument and storing the return value Thnaks in advance JS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing commandline argument to a function

Hi, I have 2 ksh scripts. Script1.ksh contains function definition. script1.ksh function f1() { while getopts a:c: args do case $args in a) ARG1=$OPTARG ;; c) ARG2=$OPTARG ;; \?) echo "Error no valid Arguments passed" esac done echo $ARG1 echo $ARG2 script2.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sql as parameter to unix function

Hi, I have a function which connects to the db and runs the sql. it works fine when I run it like: function "select empname from emp;" but when I try to pass the sql string to a variable which in turn in fed to the function , it throws error. please advise. Thanks, Arnie. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsarnie
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing argument from one function to another

Hi all, In the given script code . I want to pass the maximum value that variable "i" will have in function DivideJobs () to variable $max of function SubmitCondorJob(). Any help? Thanks #!/bin/bash ... (55 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
55 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command as a function parameter

Hi All, Just trying to implement the below shell script using AIX ksh shell. myfunc { eval "$*" } CMD='ls -la /etc/hosts | awk '{print $9"|"$5}'' myfunc $CMD Keeping getting "|}: not found" errors, any pointers would greatly be appreciated. Kind Regards Ed Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
2 Replies
hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s(3)		     Hardware Locality (hwloc)			  hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s(3)

NAME
hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s - SYNOPSIS
#include <hwloc.h> Data Fields union { struct hwloc_pcidev_attr_s pci } upstream hwloc_obj_bridge_type_t upstream_type union { struct { unsigned short domain unsigned char secondary_bus unsigned char subordinate_bus } pci } downstream hwloc_obj_bridge_type_t downstream_type unsigned depth Detailed Description Bridge specific Object Attribues. Field Documentation unsigned hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s::depth unsigned short hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s::domain union { ... } hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s::downstream hwloc_obj_bridge_type_t hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s::downstream_type struct hwloc_pcidev_attr_s hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s::pci struct { ... } hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s::pci unsigned char hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s::secondary_bus unsigned char hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s::subordinate_bus union { ... } hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s::upstream hwloc_obj_bridge_type_t hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s::upstream_type Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Hardware Locality (hwloc) from the source code. Version 1.4.1 Mon Feb 27 2012 hwloc_obj_attr_u::hwloc_bridge_attr_s(3)