Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt Post 302903145 by manoj.solaris on Sunday 25th of May 2014 08:32:36 AM
Old 05-25-2014
it was showing like below for long time.

# init 0

I have rebooted the server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Unable to get password prompt

Hi I am using a Solaris 2.5.1 and i am unable to logon on the console. When i key in say, root on the login prompt, it does not prompt me for password but instead return to the login prompt again. Please help. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owls
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't get ok prompt

Hi, I'm attempting to reinstall a damaged installation of Solaris 9 (on a SunFire). Connected via serial from a PC. Can't get to the "ok" prompt to launch install from CD. Ctrl+break acknowledges my request for a break, but no prompt. "#." gets me an "sc>" prompt, with several options, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shonenfan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to get the db2 command prompt in unix

Hi, When i try to connect to the db2 database from unix solaris 5.8 version by typing "db2" from the .../sqllib/bin/ folder, i am not getting the db2 command prompt. Could anyone help me resolve this? Here the db2 is executable only. But still iam not getting the db2 prompt. The error i get is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
4 Replies

4. Solaris

ok prompt

There is a number before the ok prompt in OBP between brackets {}. It is 0 most of the time but sometimes it is different number {9} ok or {0} ok What does this number mean and how it gets changed? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to connect to RSC on v240!!!

Hi Gurus, One of our test servers is unable to come up. Its v240, I am unable to connect to RSC also. when I am trying to ping the IP assign to RSC its coming “no answer from <IP>. What all can be done to get connect to server RSC?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Fire V890 - Unable to access RSC or Serial console

Hello Folks, I am having trouble to login to rsc or serial console of V890. The rsc2.2.3 has been configured with required parameters, resetrs and even rebooted. When serial port is connected to laptop, The hyper terminal does not get the console or POSt messages when the server is rebooting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: defflepord
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to RSC

Hi All, ;) I have configured rsc hosted on Sun-Fire-V490. But I am not able to telnet this machine Packages installed : #pkginfo -l | grep SUNWrsc PKGINST: SUNWrsc PKGINST: SUNWrscd PKGINST: SUNWrscj I rebooted system but still I' not able to take rsc. I am not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxian
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to Set Prompt to current working DIR

HPUX does not recognise \h,\w,\u to display the hostname,working directory and username respectively. So how do i set the PS1 variable to display my current working Directory as my prompt? I also tried PS1=$PWD, But it keeps showing the same directory path as prompt which PWD was holding at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to pass value to user prompt from calling shell script

This is my script structure main script calls configure script which needs to be run as a different user and the configure script calls my application installation script. the application instruction script prompts the user for a directory which I need to pass from my main or configure script. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmastays
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies
init.wbem(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     init.wbem(1M)

NAME
init.wbem - start and stop the CIM Boot Manager SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/init.wbem start | stop | status DESCRIPTION
The init.wbem utility is run automatically during installation and each time the system is rebooted. This utility manipulates the CIM Object Manager (CIMOM) and the Solaris Management Console server, both of which run combined in a single process. init.wbem can be used to start, stop, or retrieve status from the server. CIM Object Manager The CIM Object Manager manages CIM objects on a WBEM-enabled system. A CIM object is a computer representation, or model, of a managed resource, such as a printer, disk drive, or CPU. CIM objects are stored internally as Java classes. When a WBEM client application accesses information about a CIM object, the CIM Object Manager contacts either the appropriate provider for that object or the CIM Object Manager Repository. Providers are classes that communicate with managed objects to access data. When a WBEM client application requests data from a managed resource that is not available from the CIM Object Manager Repository, the CIM Object Manager forwards the request to the provider for that managed resource. The provider dynamically retrieves the information. At startup, the CIM Object Manager performs the following functions: o Listens for RMI connections on RMI port 5987 and for XML/HTTP connections on HTTP port 5988. o Sets up a connection to the CIM Object Manager Repository. o Waits for incoming requests. During normal operations, the CIM Object Manager performs the following functions: o Performs security checks to authenticate user login and authorization to access namespaces. o Performs syntactical and semantic checking of CIM data operations to ensure that they comply with the latest CIM Specification. o Routes requests to the appropriate provider or to the CIM Object Manager Repository. o Delivers data from providers and from the CIM Object Manager Repository to WBEM client applications. A WBEM client application contacts the CIM Object Manager to establish a connection when it needs to perform WBEM operations, such as cre- ating a CIM class or updating a CIM instance. When a WBEM client application connects to a CIM Object Manager, it gets a reference to the CIM Object Manager, which it then uses to request services and operations. Solaris Management Console Server The Solaris Management Console server is the back end to the front end console, smc(1M). It provides tools for the console to download and performs common services for the console and its tools to use, such as authentication, authorization, logging, messaging, and persistence. System Booting The init.wbem script is installed in the /etc/init.d directory. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: start Starts the CIMOM and Solaris Management Console server on the local host. stop Stops the CIMOM and Solaris Management Console server on the local host. status Gets the status of the CIMOM and Solaris Management Console server on the local host. NOTES
When the init.wbem script is run, it does not run the CIMOM and Solaris Management Console server directly. The server process is in Java and is too heavyweight to be run immediately at system boot time. Instead, three lightweight processes listen on three different ports that the CIMOM and the Solaris Management Console server normally use. This acts similarly to inetd(1M). Because Java programs cannot inherit file descriptors as other programs can, there is a small time period from when the first connection is made until the server is fully operational where client connections may be dropped. WBEM clients are immune to this, as they will retry until the server comes online. Solaris Management Console clients are not immune, and it may be necessary to manually reconnect, though this should not happen in the common case. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWwbcor | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), mofcomp(1M), smc(1M), smcconf(1M), wbemadmin(1M), wbemlogviewer(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 2 Jan 2002 init.wbem(1M)