Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create an executable bash script for these commands? Post 302903134 by sea on Sunday 25th of May 2014 05:07:13 AM
Old 05-25-2014
Save this as a regular text file, from within your favorite text editor, such as gedit, leafpad, eclipse, or alike...
Code:
#!/bin/bash
iptables-save | awk '/^[*]/ { print $1 } 
                     /^:[A-Z]+ [^-]/ { print $1 " ACCEPT" ; }
                     /COMMIT/ { print $0; }' | iptables-restore
sleep 3;
exit 0

Right click the file, open properties, switch the register and set 'execute' flag to actvie (or to all users).

Since a regular user, cannot save a script in /usr/bin, (or just /bin), you either can do:
Code:
sudo cp ./myscript /usr/bin/

OR
# Assuming the file and you are in your $HOME directory
Code:
mv ./myscript ./bin

Once copied, it's 'public' (on your computer) availble, and can be executed like:
Code:
sudo myscript

If you have moved the file to your custom bin folder ($HOME/bin is a default location), you have to call it like:
Code:
sudo $(which myscript)

sudo su is unnesecary and not recomended.

hth

EDIT:
Or within the script, simply:
Code:
sudo iptables-save | awk '......

Last edited by sea; 05-25-2014 at 08:42 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to sea For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying simple commands to create a script

Can anyone direct me to a resource that explains scripting in simple terms? I have visited many sites and browsed this forum and have yet to find simple explanations. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocinante
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using tab in script to create file of commands

from CLI pressing Tab and character like a shows result of the commands starting with a, can i use this in a script too and post the results to a file? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tvrman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a script (Bash, KornShell, etc.) executable by mouse clicking?

Hello everybody, Is there any way to make a script (Bash, KornShell, etc.) executable by mouse clicking? For example you have a file myscript.sh, you run: $ chmod u+x myscript.sh Therefore it becomes executable and all you need is to run from the terminal: $./myscript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create GUI or Executable For Script

Hi all. I've got a unix script at work that I just got done with. Now they want me to write some simple way to run it on Windows. Right now we log into a Solaris server using Hummingbird Exceed to gain a terminal. Im thinking that there really isn't any good way to get Windows and the server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Executable in Bash Script

Hey guys, so I've been trying to write a bash script called runSorter.sh that runs an executable that also takes in some parameters and outputs the results to a text file. The executable, sorter, takes in a number parameter. I want to make it so that you can input as many number parameters into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duo11
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to produce a executable Oracle script from bash script?

Hi here's my code ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus /nolog <<!EOF --step 5 create db script start set feedback off set heading off set echo off conn / as sysdba spool ${ORACLE_SID}_db_link.sql SELECT 'CREATE '||DECODE(U.NAME,'PUBLIC','public ')||'DATABASE LINK '||CHR(10)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a UNIX script file with multiple commands

Hi Good morning all, I want to create script file with multiple commands. For ex: pmrep connect is one of the command to connect to repository. pmrep objectexport is another command to export objects to a file. These commands should run sequentially.But when i try to execute this, the first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making bash script allways executable when transfer ?

Does it possible to make some bash script automatic to be a executable when transfered to another pc...? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can i create a script that will ssh a device and type some commands?

Hi Guys, this is the scenario: ubuntu pc and I have 10 wireless devices that I need to check their firmware version. I would like to create a script that it will ask me IP, after I enter it, I hit enter then it will show me the version of the firmware. this is what i do. ssh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabak
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script make itself executable

Is there a way to make this make itself executable? Thanks. :-) cat > somescript.sh << \EOF #!/bin/bash block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Block count:/ {print $NF}') reserved_block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Reserved block count:/ {print $NF}') perl -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies