Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt Post 302903124 by manoj.solaris on Sunday 25th of May 2014 02:25:03 AM
Old 05-25-2014
Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi,

on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Unable to get password prompt

Hi I am using a Solaris 2.5.1 and i am unable to logon on the console. When i key in say, root on the login prompt, it does not prompt me for password but instead return to the login prompt again. Please help. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owls
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't get ok prompt

Hi, I'm attempting to reinstall a damaged installation of Solaris 9 (on a SunFire). Connected via serial from a PC. Can't get to the "ok" prompt to launch install from CD. Ctrl+break acknowledges my request for a break, but no prompt. "#." gets me an "sc>" prompt, with several options, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shonenfan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to get the db2 command prompt in unix

Hi, When i try to connect to the db2 database from unix solaris 5.8 version by typing "db2" from the .../sqllib/bin/ folder, i am not getting the db2 command prompt. Could anyone help me resolve this? Here the db2 is executable only. But still iam not getting the db2 prompt. The error i get is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
4 Replies

4. Solaris

ok prompt

There is a number before the ok prompt in OBP between brackets {}. It is 0 most of the time but sometimes it is different number {9} ok or {0} ok What does this number mean and how it gets changed? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to connect to RSC on v240!!!

Hi Gurus, One of our test servers is unable to come up. Its v240, I am unable to connect to RSC also. when I am trying to ping the IP assign to RSC its coming “no answer from <IP>. What all can be done to get connect to server RSC?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Fire V890 - Unable to access RSC or Serial console

Hello Folks, I am having trouble to login to rsc or serial console of V890. The rsc2.2.3 has been configured with required parameters, resetrs and even rebooted. When serial port is connected to laptop, The hyper terminal does not get the console or POSt messages when the server is rebooting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: defflepord
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to RSC

Hi All, ;) I have configured rsc hosted on Sun-Fire-V490. But I am not able to telnet this machine Packages installed : #pkginfo -l | grep SUNWrsc PKGINST: SUNWrsc PKGINST: SUNWrscd PKGINST: SUNWrscj I rebooted system but still I' not able to take rsc. I am not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxian
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to Set Prompt to current working DIR

HPUX does not recognise \h,\w,\u to display the hostname,working directory and username respectively. So how do i set the PS1 variable to display my current working Directory as my prompt? I also tried PS1=$PWD, But it keeps showing the same directory path as prompt which PWD was holding at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to pass value to user prompt from calling shell script

This is my script structure main script calls configure script which needs to be run as a different user and the configure script calls my application installation script. the application instruction script prompts the user for a directory which I need to pass from my main or configure script. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmastays
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies
LUA(1)							      General Commands Manual							    LUA(1)

NAME
lua - Lua interpreter SYNOPSIS
lua [ options ] [ script [ args ] ] DESCRIPTION
lua is the stand-alone Lua interpreter. It loads and executes Lua programs, either in textual source form or in precompiled binary form. (Precompiled binaries are output by luac, the Lua compiler.) lua can be used as a batch interpreter and also interactively. The given options (see below) are executed and then the Lua program in file script is loaded and executed. The given args are available to script as strings in a global table named arg. If these arguments contain spaces or other characters special to the shell, then they should be quoted (but note that the quotes will be removed by the shell). The arguments in arg start at 0, which contains the string 'script'. The index of the last argument is stored in arg.n. The arguments given in the command line before script, including the name of the interpreter, are available in negative indices in arg. At the very start, before even handling the command line, lua executes the contents of the environment variable LUA_INIT, if it is defined. If the value of LUA_INIT is of the form '@filename', then filename is executed. Otherwise, the string is assumed to be a Lua statement and is executed. Options start with '-' and are described below. You can use '--' to signal the end of options. If no arguments are given, then -v -i is assumed when the standard input is a terminal; otherwise, - is assumed. In interactive mode, lua prompts the user, reads lines from the standard input, and executes them as they are read. If a line does not contain a complete statement, then a secondary prompt is displayed and lines are read until a complete statement is formed or a syntax error is found. So, one way to interrupt the reading of an incomplete statement is to force a syntax error: adding a ';' in the middle of a statement is a sure way of forcing a syntax error (except inside multiline strings and comments; these must be closed explicitly). If a line starts with '=', then lua displays the values of all the expressions in the remainder of the line. The expressions must be separated by commas. The primary prompt is the value of the global variable _PROMPT, if this value is a string; otherwise, the default prompt is used. Similarly, the secondary prompt is the value of the global variable _PROMPT2. So, to change the prompts, set the corresponding variable to a string of your choice. You can do that after calling the interpreter or on the command line (but in this case you have to be careful with quotes if the prompt string contains a space; otherwise you may confuse the shell.) The default prompts are "> " and ">> ". OPTIONS
- load and execute the standard input as a file, that is, not interactively, even when the standard input is a terminal. -e stat execute statement stat. You need to quote stat if it contains spaces, quotes, or other characters special to the shell. -i enter interactive mode after script is executed. -l name call require('name') before executing script. Typically used to load libraries. -v show version information. SEE ALSO
luac(1) http://www.lua.org/ DIAGNOSTICS
Error messages should be self explanatory. AUTHORS
R. Ierusalimschy, L. H. de Figueiredo, and W. Celes $Date: 2006/01/06 16:03:34 $ LUA(1)