Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Sendemail... is there a receivemail? Post 302903116 by alister on Saturday 24th of May 2014 05:14:04 PM
Old 05-24-2014
Just in case, note that the OP specified sendemail, not sendmail. Perhaps it's a typo, but there is such a program and it is available via ubuntu's package repositories.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/sendemail
http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/

Regards,
Alister
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendEmail: Script and Array

I have a script that send email using sendEmail (CentOS shell) script is: sendEmail -vvv -u "TestCompany, Inc.: USB Added" -f user@domain.com -t To@domain.com -s ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com -m "USB Activity" -o tls=aut o username=user3@domain.com password=password So far this works fine. Now i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 Sendemail with Attachment

Hello I need your kind help for configuring email on Solaris 10 so I can send reports from the system to my management and my colleagues. I have the IP address of the email server of my company and the port 2525. I went through many documents online with no luck. Can any one help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendEmail - Script reading database file with sleep command

Hello, I would like to send email message to my mail list. I have been running linux based server and I submitted this process manually up to now. I would like to send each individual with a shell script. In ssh panel, I tested below command and it works smoothly. sendEmail -t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Send multi content email using sendemail utility

Hi Guys, I am trying to send email from solaris server using sendemail utility. I want to send multi content email. For example, i want to send email body with html file and a attachment of txt file. I using below code but the html not render correctly in email body. ( echo "To:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendemail Error - Authentication... failed

SCO Unix OpenServer v6. We use the script below for sending mass emails with attachments. sendemail -f $From_user -o message-file=/u/fg4/data/EmailDefaultBody.html -u $su bj -s $MAIL_SRVR -xu $MAIL_USER -xp $MAIL_PSWD -a $emlname.pdf -t $MAILTO MAIL_SVR=SMPTOUT.SECURESERVER.NET ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jet47
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendEmail and Variable

Hi everyone, I try to send an email with "sendemail", I created four variables for do cleaner but it doesn't work :( below : #!/bin/bash sender=$(X@x.com) recipient=$(x@x.com) subject=$(Files Copy) server=$(x.x.x.x) /usr/bin/sendemail -f $sender -t $recipient -u $subject -m blablabla... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendemail how to send an email with a subject variable

Hi,:) I try this : #!/bin/bash sender="me@example.com" recipient="you@example.com" subject="TEST FILE" server="0.0.0.0" file=$(cat file.txt) /usr/bin/sendemail -f $sender -t $recipient -u $subject -m $file My file.txt: BLABLALA BLABLABLA (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
7 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)