Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do i miss counter or what
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Do i miss counter or what Post 302903032 by sea on Friday 23rd of May 2014 02:21:34 PM
Old 05-23-2014
Have a compare:
Code:
users=$(ls /home --hide=lost+found)	# This sets all content but 'lost+found' into the list: users
for usr in $users;do			# For each entry (named: usr) in list 'users', do ....
	space=$(du -hsx /home/$usr)	# higly recomend 'x' if you mount other filesystems inside user dirs, 'h' makes it more 'readable'
	echo "$usr space is $space"
done

Code:
ls /home --hide=lost+found > /root/users.txt	# Write all content but 'lost+found' into the file: /root/users.txt, using 
while read mama; do				# For each line (named: mama), do ....
	space=`du -s /home/$mama`
	echo "$mama space is $space"
done < /root/users.txt				# while reading from file

hth

Last edited by sea; 05-23-2014 at 04:51 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

During deleting just miss some folders

There is directory test: > ls -rtl total 12 drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 4096 Aug 17 09:57 test2 -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 group1 16 Aug 17 10:00 test -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 group1 16 Aug 17 10:00 test1 -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 group1 16 Aug 17 10:01 test12 -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 group1 16 Aug 17 10:01 test13 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_junior
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hi All , I am unable to reinstall the OS on my Ultra Sparc 10. After the 1st CD is loaded when it goes for reboot its goes to ok prompt an its unable to boot. What could be reason for this behavior? while loading the OS its seems fine but unable to boot!! Then i tried changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use pipes but miss a action

please delete and see other post. Hi, Im using awk to go through every line, but i have to use it twice as the first awk finds all the lines with a number in one field and the pipes it to wc, and the second does the same as the first but it has a extra pipe into sort and uniq that finds all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredted40x
2 Replies

4. AIX

Miss filesets

Hello everyone I updated a partition from TL06 to TL09, everything looks ok. I check the errpt comand, lppchk -v and both are fine. But when I type this command I got this $ instfix -i |grep ML All filesets for 5300-02_AIX_ML were found. All filesets for 5.3.0.0_AIX_ML were... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

counter

Hi, I need some help. Shell script counter. i need to add condition to check if counter is more than 10 and longer than 3 hours? it runs every 5 mins. it only check count and send email right now. it runs in cron as below gregcount.ksh gregdb 10 > /tmp/gregcount.out 2> /tmp/gregcount.err ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pega
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

fast data access mmu miss

hello, before i have install solaris 9, is good. I would like to install Ubuntu 10.04 on a Sun Blade 150 blade. I create cdrom iso burning with a 10x was open I made a boot ok: boot cdrom I get the following error: fast data access mmu miss i do probe-ide all reset-all always ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: philo_71
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl's buffered I/O is causing me to miss latest log file entries in log colorizer. How to fix?

I've been finding myself using a log file colorizer written in perl to reformat and colorize the output from many different programs. Mainly, however, I use it to make the output from "tail -f" commands more readable. The base perl script I use is based on "colorlogs.pl" available from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcsteiner
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counter

if ;then echo "mrnet greater 5000" gzip /var/log/mrnet.log mv /var/log/mrnet.log.gz /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz if ];then i=1 let i++ mv /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz /var/log/vieux-logs/mrnet.log.$i.gz else echo "theres no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Froob
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot problem - ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hello, We have a T5140 server with Solaris 10 and its suddenly throwing "segmentation core" when I login into the server and not showing any output for commands like df, mount etc. so I had to reboot the server to fix this issue. Please note that there's no boot disk mirroring. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)