Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to create mirror?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create mirror? Post 302902998 by SriniShoo on Friday 23rd of May 2014 11:27:08 AM
Old 05-23-2014
Capture return code after you try and get from mirror1.
Code:
if [ $answer == 1 ]; then
    wget $MIRROR
RC="$?"
if [[ "$RC" -ne 0 ]]; then
wget $MIRROR2
fi
    echo "$BACK2MENU" ; read
fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create raidctl mirror with mounted source parition

I am mirroring a single partition drive with raidctl. The source partition was mounted when I created the mirror with raidctl -c c1t1d0 c1t3d0. The source disk was defined with s2 and s6 only. I didn't think to umount it first. Is there a problem with that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Create a logical volume from a mirror and single disk?

I have two 72GB disks that are mirrored and mounted (/backup). I have a 18GB drive in an array I just attached to the server, which is running Solaris 9. I need to create a new logical volume partition and make the existing mirror device (/dev/md/dsk/d34) and the array's 18GB drive a member of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotcom75
3 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

4. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

5. Solaris

How to create mirror disk in solaris machine?

hi, I'm newbie in Solaris 10. can someone explain me the steps of how to create mirror disk in Solaris machine. thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Create a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86

I’m setting up a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86. I’m used to doing it on SPARC, where you can copy the partition table using fmthard. My x86 boot disk has 2 primary partitions, a Solaris one and a diagnostic one. Is there a way to copy those 2 primary partitions to the second disk without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to reattach a mirror?

OK, I upgraded to the latest version of Solaris 10. Perhaps 'upgrade' isn't the right term because I reinstalled the root/boot drive with Solaris 10. Prior to this I had 4 physical drives. The first two had "/" and "/usr", the other two had a /var/audit and /home. I initially booted from cdrom and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Second Mirror is not booting !

zpool status -v below my mirrors in Solaris 10 config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM rpool ONLINE 0 0 0 mirror-0 ONLINE 0 0 0 c3t0d0s0 ONLINE 0 0 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies
metaoffline(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   metaoffline(1M)

NAME
metaoffline, metaonline - place submirrors offline and online SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metaoffline -h /usr/sbin/metaoffline [-s setname] [-f] mirror submirror /usr/sbin/metaonline -h /usr/sbin/metaonline [-s setname] mirror submirror DESCRIPTION
The metaoffline command prevents Solaris Volume Manager from reading and writing to the submirror that has been taken offline. While the submirror is offline, all writes to the mirror will be kept track of (by region) and will be written when the submirror is brought back online. The metaoffline command can also be used to perform online backups: one submirror is taken offline and backed up while the mirror remains accessible. (However, if this is a two-way mirror, data redundancy is lost while one submirror is offline.) The metaoffline command differs from the metadetach command because it does not sever the logical association between the submirror and the mirror. To completely remove a submirror from a mirror, use the metadetach command. A submirror that has been taken offline will only remain offline until the metaonline command is invoked or the system is rebooted. When the metaonline command is used, reading from and writing to the submirror resumes. A resync is automatically invoked to resync the regions written while the submirror was offline. Writes are directed to the submirror during resync. Reads, however, will come from a dif- ferent submirror. Once the resync operation completes, reads and writes are performed on that submirror. The metaonline command is only effective on a submirror of a mirror that has been taken offline. The metaoffline and metaonline commands can not be used on RAID 1 volumes in application-based recovery (ABR) mode. A submirror that has been taken offline with the metaoffline command can only be mounted as read-only. OPTIONS
Root privileges are required for all of the following options except -h. -f Forces offlining of submirrors that have slices requiring maintenance. -h Displays usage message. -s setname Specifies the name of the diskset on which metaoffline and metaonline will work. Using the -s option will cause the com- mand to perform its administrative function within the specified diskset. Without this option, the command will perform its function on local metadevices. mirror Specifies the metadevice name of the mirror from which the submirror will be either taken offline or put online. submirror Specifies the metadevice name of the submirror to be either taken offline or put online. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Taking a Submirror Offline This example takes one submirror, d9, offline from mirror d10. # metaoffline d10 d9 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide NOTES
The metaonline and metaoffline commands are not applicable to mirrors in application-based recovery (ABR) mode. SunOS 5.10 12 Apr 2004 metaoffline(1M)