Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Parameter passing to function with void * as Argument Post 302902990 by Corona688 on Friday 23rd of May 2014 11:05:51 AM
Old 05-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupeshkp728
I guess(may be I am wrong) the func call is incorrect.
Did you try the code or just consider it to look wrong...?
Quote:
We need to pass object of type S.
Why?

The whole point of using a union, and the whole point of adding type to the beginning of your CS and DS structures, was that they'd all have the same memory layout.

The compiler warns you since it doesn't know you built with these assumptions in mind. You can avoid the warning with a typecast if you want:

Code:
myfunc((S *)&obj);

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Argument to Function

May i know how to pass an argument to a function in a shell script? Sorry, i din stated that it is in a shell script in my previous post. Means: checkStatus() { ........... } read status; I wanna use the status in the function checkstatus, how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a string parameter to a function

I need to pass a parameter to a function in a script. My parameter is a string. When I display the parameter within my function, I only get the first word from string I pass in. How can I make the function receive the whole string (and not terminate at the first space it encounters)?. part of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parameter passing in a function

I need to pass a parameter to a function in a script. My parameter is a string. When I display the parameter within my function, I only get the first word from string I pass in. How can I make the function receive the whole string (and not terminate at the first space it encounters)?. part of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
2 Replies

4. Programming

How to return void function pointer

Hello all im trying to build function that will return void function pointer what is mean is ( not working ) the main function void * myClass::getFunction(int type){ if(type==1) return &myClass::Test1; if(type==2) return &myClass::Test2; } void myClass::Test1(){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing more than one argument in a function

Hi All, Calling a function with one argument and storing the return value in a shell script is as below:( so far I know) value="`fun_1 "argument1"`" Its working perfectly for me. Can u help me with passing more than one argument and storing the return value Thnaks in advance JS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing commandline argument to a function

Hi, I have 2 ksh scripts. Script1.ksh contains function definition. script1.ksh function f1() { while getopts a:c: args do case $args in a) ARG1=$OPTARG ;; c) ARG2=$OPTARG ;; \?) echo "Error no valid Arguments passed" esac done echo $ARG1 echo $ARG2 script2.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sql as parameter to unix function

Hi, I have a function which connects to the db and runs the sql. it works fine when I run it like: function "select empname from emp;" but when I try to pass the sql string to a variable which in turn in fed to the function , it throws error. please advise. Thanks, Arnie. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsarnie
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing argument from one function to another

Hi all, In the given script code . I want to pass the maximum value that variable "i" will have in function DivideJobs () to variable $max of function SubmitCondorJob(). Any help? Thanks #!/bin/bash ... (55 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
55 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command as a function parameter

Hi All, Just trying to implement the below shell script using AIX ksh shell. myfunc { eval "$*" } CMD='ls -la /etc/hosts | awk '{print $9"|"$5}'' myfunc $CMD Keeping getting "|}: not found" errors, any pointers would greatly be appreciated. Kind Regards Ed Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
2 Replies
DWARF_GET_FDE_RANGE(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				    DWARF_GET_FDE_RANGE(3)

NAME
dwarf_get_fde_range -- retrieve range information from an FDE descriptor LIBRARY
DWARF Access Library (libdwarf, -ldwarf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libdwarf.h> int dwarf_get_fde_range(Dwarf_Fde fde, Dwarf_Addr *low_pc, Dwarf_Unsigned *func_len, Dwarf_Ptr *fde_bytes, Dwarf_Unsigned *fde_byte_len, Dwarf_Off *cie_offset, Dwarf_Signed *cie_index, Dwarf_Off *fde_offset, Dwarf_Error *err); DESCRIPTION
Function dwarf_get_fde_range() retrieves range and offset information from a given FDE descriptor. Argument fde should reference a valid DWARF FDE descriptor. Argument low_pc should point to a location that will be set to the lowest program counter address covered by the FDE descriptor. Argument func_len should point to a location that will hold the length in bytes of the address range covered by the FDE descriptor. Argument fde_bytes should point to a location that will be set to a pointer to the content of the FDE descriptor itself. Argument fde_byte_len should point to a location that will hold the length in bytes of the FDE descriptor itself. Argument cie_offset should point to a location that will be set to the offset, relative to the DWARF ``.debug_frame'' section, of the CIE descriptor associated with the given FDE descriptor. Argument cie_index should point to a location that will hold the index of the CIE descriptor associated with the FDE descriptor. The returned value is a zero-based index into the array of CIE descriptors returned by a prior call to functions dwarf_get_fde_list(3) or dwarf_get_fde_list_eh(3). Argument fde_offset should point to a location that will be set to the offset, relative to the DWARF ``.debug_frame'' section, of the FDE descriptor. If argument err is not NULL, it will be used to store error information in case of an error. RETURN VALUES
Function dwarf_get_fde_range() returns DW_DLV_OK when it succeeds. In case of an error, it returns DW_DLV_ERROR and sets the argument err. ERRORS
Function dwarf_get_fde_range() can fail with: [DW_DLE_ARGUMENT] One of the arguments fde, low_pc, func_len, fde_bytes, fde_byte_len, cie_offset, cie_index or fde_offset was NULL. SEE ALSO
dwarf(3), dwarf_get_cie_info(3), dwarf_get_cie_index(3), dwarf_get_cie_of_fde, dwarf_get_fde_at_pc(3), dwarf_get_fde_info_for_all_regs(3), dwarf_get_fde_info_for_all_regs3(3), dwarf_get_fde_info_for_cfa_reg3(3), dwarf_get_fde_info_for_reg(3), dwarf_get_fde_info_for_reg3(3), dwarf_get_fde_instr_bytes(3), dwarf_get_fde_list(3), dwarf_get_fde_list_eh(3), dwarf_get_fde_n(3) BSD
May 22, 2011 BSD