Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need to replace XML TAG
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to replace XML TAG Post 302902922 by siva83 on Thursday 22nd of May 2014 10:20:32 PM
Old 05-22-2014
Need to replace XML TAG

As per the requirement I need to replace XML tag with old to new on one of the XML file.

Old
Code:
<com : DEM>PHI</com : DEM>

New
Code:
<com : DEM>PHM</com : DEM>

Please someone provide the sed command to replace above mentioned old XML tag with new XML tag

Last edited by Don Cragun; 05-23-2014 at 01:02 AM.. Reason: Get rid of font and size changes..., add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get xml tag..

Sorry to trouble you guys again.....but i encounter this problem: My textfile contains this: 2006-01-12 01:12:08,290 INFO - The XML message **************<PM_ARRIVAL xmlns:xsi= "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchemainstance"><system_c>GMS</system_c><trans_c>ARLC</trans_c></<PM_ARRIVAL> 2006-01-12... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML tag replacement from different XML file

We have 2 XML file 1. ORIGINAL.xml file and 2. ATTRIBUTE.xml files, In the ORIGINAL.xml we need some modification as <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode>under <item type="Manufactured"> tag - we need to grab the 431048 value from tag and pass it to database table in unix shell script to find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the value from XML tag whose end tag is in next line

Hi All, Find the following code: <Universal>D38x82j1JJ </Universal> I want to retrieve the value of <Universal> tag as below: Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parse between to tag with upper tag

Hi Guys Here is my Input : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xn:MeContext id="01736"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="01736"> <xn:attributes> <xn:vsDataType>vsDataMeContext</xn:vsDataType> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

7. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

How to replace value of password tag in xml with blanks when special characters are there?

Hi All, I am trying to replace the values inside <password> tag in an xml file but it doesn't replace certain passwords: For eg: Server/home/sperinc>cat TextXML.txt <appIds> <entry name="AccountXref"> <type id="ldap"> <realm>nam</realm> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saroopkris85
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies
XML::LibXML::Devel(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     XML::LibXML::Devel(3)

NAME
XML::LibXML::Devel - makes functions from LibXML.xs available SYNOPSIS
/********************************************** * C functions you want to access */ xmlNode *return_node(); void receive_node(xmlNode *); ############################################### # XS Code void * xs_return_node CODE: RETVAL = return_node(); OUTPUT: RETVAL void xs_receive_node void *n CODE: receive_node(n); ############################################### # Perl code use XML::LibXML::Devel; sub return_node { my $raw_node = xs_return_node(); my $node = XML::LibXML::Devel::node_to_perl($raw_node); XML::LibXML::Devel::refcnt_inc($raw_node); return $node; } sub receive_node { my ($node) = @_; my $raw_node = XML::LibXML::Devel::node_from_perl($node); xs_receive_node($raw_node); XML::LibXML::Devel::refcnt_inc($raw_node); } DESCRIPTION
"XML::LibXML::Devel" makes functions from LibXML.xs available that are needed to wrap libxml2 nodes in and out of XML::LibXML::Nodes. This gives cleaner dependencies than using LibXML.so directly. To XS a library that uses libxml2 nodes the first step is to do this so that xmlNodePtr is passed as void *. These raw nodes are then turned into libxml nodes by using this "Devel" functions. Be aware that this module is currently rather experimental. The function names may change if I XS more functions and introduce a reasonable naming convention. Be also aware that this module is a great tool to cause segfaults and introduce memory leaks. It does however provide a partial cure by making "xmlMemUsed" available as "mem_used". FUNCTIONS
NODE MANAGEMENT node_to_perl node_to_perl($raw_node); Returns a LibXML::Node object. This has a proxy node with a reference counter and an owner attached. The raw node will be deleted as soon as the reference counter reaches zero. If the C library is keeping a pointer to the raw node, you need to call refcnt_inc immediately. You also need to replace xmlFreeNode by a call to refcnt_dec. node_to_perl node_from_perl($node); Returns a raw node. This is a void * pointer and you can do nothing but passing it to functions that treat it as an xmlNodePtr. The raw node will be freed as soon as its reference counter reaches zero. If the C library is keeping a pointer to the raw node, you need to call refcnt_inc immediately. You also need to replace xmlFreeNode by a call to refcnt_dec. refcnt_inc refcnt_inc($raw_node); Increments the raw nodes reference counter. The raw node must already be known to perl to have a reference counter. refcnt_dec refcnt_dec($raw_node); Decrements the raw nodes reference counter and returns the value it had before. if the counter becomes zero or less, this method will free the proxy node holding the reference counter. If the node is part of a subtree, refcnt_dec will fix the reference counts and delete the subtree if it is not required any more. refcnt refcnt($raw_node); Returns the value of the reference counter. fix_owner fix_owner($raw_node, $raw_parent); This functions fixes the reference counts for an entire subtree. it is very important to fix an entire subtree after node operations where the documents or the owner node may get changed. this method is aware about nodes that already belong to a certain owner node. MEMORY DEBUGGING $ENV{DEBUG_MEMORY} BEGIN {$ENV{DEBUG_MEMORY} = 1;}; use XML::LibXML; This turns on libxml2 memory debugging. It must be set before XML::LibXML is loaded. mem_used mem_used(); Returns the number of bytes currently allocated. EXPORT None by default. SEE ALSO
This was created to support the needs of Apache2::ModXml2. So this can serve as an example. AUTHOR
Joachim Zobel <jz-2011@heute-morgen.de> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2011 by Joachim Zobel This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.10.1 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.18.2 2014-02-01 XML::LibXML::Devel(3)