Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris server read and write randomly slow Post 302902836 by Corona688 on Thursday 22nd of May 2014 11:56:50 AM
Old 05-22-2014
How many files does "multiple files" mean? Dozens? Millions?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

It seems last 20 min Server was very very Slow

Hi Guys, Since last 20-30 min Server was Too slow ..even few of times i got Database connection error. Thanks Sanjay Tripathi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Server become too slow

Hi, Since last week our server become too slow when we try to run application on it. When we run top command, it show as below: So it's nothing to do with heavy utilization, right? Can you give some opinion on what actually had happended? Thank you very much... :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line from file randomly

I have data file with customer.dat, and this contains the customer names >cat customer.dat FirstName1 LastName1 FistName2 LastName1 FistName3 MiddleName3 LastName3 This file can contain areoun 100 customer names. Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: McLan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk to read randomly located columns in an excel file

Hi, I have an excel file that have a random count of columns/fields and what im trying to do is to only retrieve all the rows under 2 specific field headers. I can use the usually command for awk which is awk 'print{ $1 $2}' > output.txt, but the location of the 2 specific field headers is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdap
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux server is slow

Hello, I am using Redhat redhat 4 update 4 kernal 2.6. My server is some time suddenly running slow. The averge cpu load goes up to 50 to 60. (There is only two CPU and usually, the averge load is between 1 to 2.5) That time, i see, there are several sessions connected. Normally, we have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Hard disk write performance very slow

Dear All, I have a hard disk in solaris on which the write performanc is too slow. The CPU , RAM memory are absolutely fine. What might be reason. Kindly explain. Rj (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

99% performance wa, slow server.

There is a big problem with the server (VPS based on OpenVZ, CentOS 5, 3GB RAM). The problem is the following. The first 15-20 minutes after starting the server is operating normally, the load average is less than or about 1.0, but then begins to increase sharply% wa, then hovers around 95-99%.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: draiphod
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)