Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File exist for multiple files Post 302902828 by vbe on Thursday 22nd of May 2014 11:44:35 AM
Old 05-22-2014
Code:
 if [ -f ...

You need a space after the square bracket...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data in 2 files and delete if file exist

Hi there, I have written a script called "compare" (see below) to make comparison between 2 files namely test_put.log and Output_A0.log #!/bin/ksh while read file do found="no" while read line do echo $line | grep $file > /dev/null if then echo $file found found="yes" break fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a file exist and do a copy of other files

Hi, I would like to perform bash which would check the file A.txt to be size 0 or not. If the size is 0, I would copy file B.txt to replace A.txt. Please help. Thanks. -Jason (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files if they exist

In a directory a number of files named res0.om res1.om ... resN.om where N can be any unknown number between 1 and 999 Please help me filling out the gaps in the following csh script: I need to delete all files exept res0.om The easy way is rm res1* rm res2* rm res3* rm res4*... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pederlol
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files as space exist in file name..

Hi, i am having a directory in which files are having space in the name . $ls -1 aa b.txt my file.pdf lost file.csv foo_file.txti want to copy those file to some where with date +%F as extension . But it failed for the file having space. #!/bin/sh ls -1 >tt for var in `cat tt` do b=$var... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out whether files exist.

I have the following data stored in a file. 1 /home/file13 /home/file2 2 /home/file41 /home/file654 3 /home/file61 /home/file45 4 /home/file81 /home/file43 ... I want to print the first column provided the files represented by the second and third column exist. How to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple folders exist

I want to check if some directories with common prefix exist under current directory with bash, say, I have dictories like: dirct_1 dirct_2 dirct_3 ... in the current directory. I did: if then echo " directories exist " else echo " directories not exist " fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cristalp
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code to remove files when corresponding file doesnt exist isnt working.

I am trying to add some code to the begging of a script so that it will remove all the .transcript files, when their is no coressponding .wav file. But it doesnt work. This is the code I have added: for transcriptfile in `$voicemaildir/*.transcript`; do wavfile=`echo $transcriptfile | cut -d'.'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghurty
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking if multiple directories exist

I need to create multiple directories if those directories do not exist already. How would you go by doing this. What I have so far. array=(one two three) for I in ${array} do if ] then mkdir ${I} fi doneI have a good feeling this is done incorrectly. The error I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check files if exist else touch the file

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I wrote the following code if then echo "version is 1.1" for i in "subscriber promplan mapping dedicatedaccount faflistSub faflistAcc accumulator pam_account" do FILE="SDP_DUMP_$i.csv" echo "$FILE" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if 10 files exist

Hi All, Whenever i get 10 files(file names like sales*) then another file need to create. May i know how to implement this in KSH. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddireddy
4 Replies
WILDMAT(3)						     Library Functions Manual							WILDMAT(3)

NAME
wildmat - perform shell-style wildcard matching SYNOPSIS
int wildmat(text, pattern) char *text; char *pattern; DESCRIPTION
Wildmat is part of libinn (3). Wildmat compares the text against the pattern and returns non-zero if the pattern matches the text. The pattern is interpreted according to rules similar to shell filename wildcards, and not as a full regular expression such as those handled by the grep(1) family of programs or the regex(3) or regexp(3) set of routines. The pattern is interpreted as follows: x Turns off the special meaning of x and matches it directly; this is used mostly before a question mark or asterisk, and is not spe- cial inside square brackets. ? Matches any single character. * Matches any sequence of zero or more characters. [x...y] Matches any single character specified by the set x...y. A minus sign may be used to indicate a range of characters. That is, [0-5abc] is a shorthand for [012345abc]. More than one range may appear inside a character set; [0-9a-zA-Z._] matches almost all of the legal characters for a host name. The close bracket, ], may be used if it is the first character in the set. The minus sign, -, may be used if it is either the first or last character in the set. [^x...y] This matches any character not in the set x...y, which is interpreted as described above. For example, [^]-] matches any character other than a close bracket or minus sign. HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> in 1986, and posted to Usenet several times since then, most notably in comp.sources.misc in March, 1991. Lars Mathiesen <thorinn@diku.dk> enhanced the multi-asterisk failure mode in early 1991. Rich and Lars increased the efficiency of star patterns and reposted it to comp.sources.misc in April, 1991. Robert Elz <kre@munnari.oz.au> added minus sign and close bracket handling in June, 1991. This is revision 1.10, dated 1992/04/03. SEE ALSO
grep(1), regex(3), regexp(3). WILDMAT(3)