Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Parameter passing to function with void * as Argument Post 302902782 by alister on Thursday 22nd of May 2014 08:52:30 AM
Old 05-22-2014
Without knowing more, a NULL pointer is a good guess.

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Argument to Function

May i know how to pass an argument to a function in a shell script? Sorry, i din stated that it is in a shell script in my previous post. Means: checkStatus() { ........... } read status; I wanna use the status in the function checkstatus, how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a string parameter to a function

I need to pass a parameter to a function in a script. My parameter is a string. When I display the parameter within my function, I only get the first word from string I pass in. How can I make the function receive the whole string (and not terminate at the first space it encounters)?. part of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parameter passing in a function

I need to pass a parameter to a function in a script. My parameter is a string. When I display the parameter within my function, I only get the first word from string I pass in. How can I make the function receive the whole string (and not terminate at the first space it encounters)?. part of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
2 Replies

4. Programming

How to return void function pointer

Hello all im trying to build function that will return void function pointer what is mean is ( not working ) the main function void * myClass::getFunction(int type){ if(type==1) return &myClass::Test1; if(type==2) return &myClass::Test2; } void myClass::Test1(){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing more than one argument in a function

Hi All, Calling a function with one argument and storing the return value in a shell script is as below:( so far I know) value="`fun_1 "argument1"`" Its working perfectly for me. Can u help me with passing more than one argument and storing the return value Thnaks in advance JS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing commandline argument to a function

Hi, I have 2 ksh scripts. Script1.ksh contains function definition. script1.ksh function f1() { while getopts a:c: args do case $args in a) ARG1=$OPTARG ;; c) ARG2=$OPTARG ;; \?) echo "Error no valid Arguments passed" esac done echo $ARG1 echo $ARG2 script2.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sql as parameter to unix function

Hi, I have a function which connects to the db and runs the sql. it works fine when I run it like: function "select empname from emp;" but when I try to pass the sql string to a variable which in turn in fed to the function , it throws error. please advise. Thanks, Arnie. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsarnie
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing argument from one function to another

Hi all, In the given script code . I want to pass the maximum value that variable "i" will have in function DivideJobs () to variable $max of function SubmitCondorJob(). Any help? Thanks #!/bin/bash ... (55 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
55 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command as a function parameter

Hi All, Just trying to implement the below shell script using AIX ksh shell. myfunc { eval "$*" } CMD='ls -la /etc/hosts | awk '{print $9"|"$5}'' myfunc $CMD Keeping getting "|}: not found" errors, any pointers would greatly be appreciated. Kind Regards Ed Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
2 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)