Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Page faults on OS
Operating Systems Solaris Page faults on OS Post 302902770 by Rajesh_Apple on Thursday 22nd of May 2014 07:12:05 AM
Old 05-22-2014
for temporarily kill/stop the unwanted process, then see ..how it is working.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Copy on Write page faults

Hello Please can you tell me how to access COPY ON WRITE page faults in HP -UNIX. I found the structure in /usr/include/sys/vmmeter with the structure name vmmeter. Please tell me the function to fill the values to this structure and also the arguments for function.:: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Intransient blocking page faults

Hi, Will anybody tell me what is this 'intransient blocking page faults' in HP-UX, it is in the structure _pst_vminfo in the header file /ust/include/sys/pstat/vm_pstat_body.h? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushaga
4 Replies

3. AIX

High Page Faults

Sorry my poor english In 570 pseries nmon shows excessive page faults, ascents of something more than 30000 Page faults. System: AIX 5.2 ML5 Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER5 Number Of Processors: 2 Processor Clock Speed: 1656 MHz CPU Type: 64-bit Kernel Type: 64-bit Memory Size: 2816 MB ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daviguez
1 Replies

4. Programming

Segmentation Faults

Hello...I am developing a code that wil deal with the string manipulation functions on char arrays which have been declared as char *. Now whenever I try to use these variables in functions like strcat().strcpy() ...etc,it gives me a segmentation fault error... I got a way to work around this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
4 Replies

5. AIX

Lots of page faults and free memory

Hello, I've been reading your forums for quite a while and the great amount of information I find here always come in hand.This time however, I need some specific help... I have a doubt with an AIX server which I'm failing to understand as I'm new to its concept of memory management... ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flpgdt
8 Replies

6. AIX

Lots of page faults on AIX mySQL lpar

Hi, OS = AIX 5.3 Large number of page faults recently start to occure on AIX 5.3 lpar with mysql database installed. I need help in setting AIX OS parameter to solve the paging problem and some guidance on interpreting my stats t Code: # vmstat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crosys
5 Replies

7. Web Development

Page load time- local page

Hi Is there a way to calculate the page load time, I am trying to calculate the load time of a page locally. I found tools to do this over http or https but none that work locally. Any ideas? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print multiple copies page by page using lp command

Hi I have a pdf file that is being generated using the rwrun command in the shell script. I then have the lp command in the shell script to print the same pdf file. Suppose there are 4 pages in the pdf file , I need to print 2 copies of the first page, 2 copies of the second page , then 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for adding page number before page breaks

Hi, If there is an expert that can help: I have many txt files that are produced from pdftotext that include page breaks the page breaks seem to be unix style hex 0C. I want to add page numbers before each page break as in : Page XXXX Regards antman (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antman
9 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 7.1 high page faults

hi guys i hope you can help me with this situation. i have 2 lpar with aix 7.1 and oracle 11gr2 in grid mode. when i start nmon to check the current system health i notice that page fault are over 3000/s. than i have opened a case with ibm and they say that the problem is not paging nor... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gullio23
10 Replies
kill(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   kill(1)

Name
       kill - send a signal to a process

Syntax
       kill [-sig] processid...
       kill -l

Description
       The command sends the TERM (terminate, 15) signal to the specified processes.  If a signal name or number preceded by `-' is given as first
       argument, that signal is sent instead of terminate.  For further information, see

The terminate signal kills processes that do not catch the signal; `kill -9 ...' is a sure kill, as the KILL (9) signal cannot  be  caught.
       By convention, if process number 0 is specified, all members in the process group (that is, processes resulting from the current login) are
       signaled.  This works only if you use and not if you use To kill a process it must either belong to you or you must be superuser.

The process number of an asynchronous process started with `&' is reported by the shell.  Process numbers can also be  found  by  using	It
       allows job specifiers ``%...''  so process ID's are not as often used as arguments.  See for details.

Options
       -l   Lists  signal  names.  The signal names are listed by `kill -l', and are as given in /usr/include/signal.h, stripped of the common SIG
	    prefix.

See Also
       csh(1), ps(1), kill(2), sigvec(2)

kill(1)