Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Error: kernal panic not syncing Post 302902762 by Rajesh_Apple on Thursday 22nd of May 2014 06:50:32 AM
Old 05-22-2014
Error: kernal panic not syncing

HI All,

server stopped here, we are suspecting server crash, need install new OS.

Any suggestions on this. kindly help to us.

Thanks
Rajesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernal Panic

Received the following on the weekend. Panic:k_trap kernel mode trap type 0X0000000e cannot dump 163739 pages to dumpdev hd (1/41):space for only 48640 pages Dump not complete Safe to power off or press any key to reboot Any ideas how to fix this one? It also happen a month ago. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcoleman544
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel panic - not syncing == While RHEL AS install

I am trying to Install RHEL AS 4 on x86 pc, through VNC and got the below error, Am not pretty sure as how to resolve this. Can some one guide me through the process, or what might be missing.... Have Installed RHEL, many a times but cudnt find this out... Wud appreciate an early reply ......... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
0 Replies

3. Linux

Kernel panic - not syncing: cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on PAE-less CPU

ok so I just installed fedora core 6 on my dell inspiron 700m and I go to boot into linux and I get this error. Has anyone seen this before? I also had XP Pro and Vista installed on this pc prior to putting fedora core 6 on the machine. I'm trying to setup a triple boot system. Please Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave043
2 Replies

4. Linux

Kernal panic error& setuproot:error mounting /proc&/sys

Hi all, I am new to redhat/fedora linux. In fedora linux 6,we created one file system(hda3 - /fs). in this mount poing we were installed mounta vista os. while booting we are getting below error messages. 1) Booting 'mountaVisat(2.6.18_pro 500_pc_target-x86_586 smp)' root(hd0,1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

kernel panic-not syncing:fatal exception while booting

Hi ALL, I am getting error.. kernal panic-not syncing:fatal exception while booting. Please help me.. Thanks Jack (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
7 Replies

7. SCO

Kernal Panic questions

I am trying to restore Unixware 7.1 from a backup using RestoreEdge which is from Microline version 2. The restore is on another machine using the same RAID controller and TBU. We are retiring the other machine. Anyway, we get to disk #2 and it panics. Here is the Pic. Can anyone tell me... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccd1977
13 Replies

8. Ubuntu

kenel panic not syncing

I installed a new kernel 3.0.22 on ubuntu server 11.04 32 bit. when I select the kenel from boot loader it stops when Code: loading initial ramdisk... I added all_generic_ide at the end of linux line and also added dev/sda1 to linux line: root=UUID=dev/sda1 now it says that ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
12 Replies

9. Slackware

Help with kernel panic - not syncing slackware 13.0

Hi, first of all I'm 110% newbie, sorry for any mistake if I made it. In my country there are no normal or active linux forums, so i found this forum. Ok, that's for begining, but not for may real problem. --------------------------------------------------- I am system administrator... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElvijsL
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Kernel panic-not syncing

dear experts linux i am using RHEL 5.5 run on a physical server. i am front of a big trouble, the Rhel can't run correctly , it show me this error message in black screen: reading all physical volumes. this my take a while .. found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wassimpb
1 Replies
statd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 statd(1M)

NAME
statd - network status monitor SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nfs/statd DESCRIPTION
statd is an intermediate version of the status monitor. It interacts with lockd(1M) to provide the crash and recovery functions for the locking services on NFS. statd keeps track of the clients with processes which hold locks on a server. When the server reboots after a crash, statd sends a message to the statd on each client indicating that the server has rebooted. The client statd processes then inform the lockd on the client that the server has rebooted. The client lockd then attempts to reclaim the lock(s) from the server. statd on the client host also informs the statd on the server(s) holding locks for the client when the client has rebooted. In this case, the statd on the server informs its lockd that all locks held by the rebooting client should be released, allowing other processes to lock those files. lockd is started by automountd(1M), mount_nfs(1M), and share(1M) if NFS automounts are needed. FILES
/var/statmon/sm lists hosts and network addresses to be contacted after a reboot /var/statmon/sm.bak lists hosts and network addresses that could not be contacted after last reboot /var/statmon/state includes a number which changes during a reboot /usr/include/rpcsvc/sm_inter.x contains the rpcgen source code for the interface services provided by the statd daemon. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), automountd(1M), lockd(1M), mount_nfs(1M), share(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services NOTES
The crash of a server is only detected upon its recovery. The statd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/nfs/status Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. If it is disabled, it will be enabled by mount_nfs(1M), share_nfs(1M), and automountd(1M) unless its application/auto_enable prop- erty is set to false. SunOS 5.10 18 Nov 2004 statd(1M)