Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk working inside specific pattern ranges Post 302902679 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 21st of May 2014 03:38:43 PM
Old 05-21-2014
A range only works outside of all { } so nesting is impossible.
A workaround:
Code:
awk '/BEG/,/EN/ {
 if (/BEG/) {block=1}
 if (block==1) {print $2}
 if (/ID/) {block=0}
}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping a array inside inside ssh is not working, pls help

set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START ssh -xq $Server1 -l $Username /usr/bin/ksh <<-EOS integer j=0 for loop in ${arr} do printf "array - ${arr}\n" (( j = j + 1 )) j=`expr j+1` done EOS # END ========= this is not giving me correct output. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

formatting textfile inside ksh script using awk not working

I cannot seem to get this text file to format. Its as if the awk statement is being treated as a simple cat command. I manned awk and it was very confusing. I viewed previous posts on this board and I got the same results as with the the awk command statement shown here. Please help. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekline
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[csh] checking for specific character ranges in a variable

I want to check if a zip code is valid, using a variable that stores the zipcode. I am not sure how I would do this in a script. I know that simply checking for the numerical range of the number will not work, because '1' would be '00001' in zip code format. I know when I am in shell, I can use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to sum specific field when pattern matches

Trying to sum field #6 when field #2 matches string as follows: Input data: 2010-09-18-20.24.44.206117 UOWEXEC db2bp DB2XYZ hostname 1 2010-09-18-20.24.44.206117 UOWWAIT db2bp DB2XYZ hostname ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting files between specific date ranges in solaris

hi ! how can i get files in a directory between certain date ranges ? say all files created/modified between Jan24 - Jan31 thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliyesami
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting columns falling within specific ranges for multiple files

Hi, I need to create weekly files from daily records stored in individual monthly filenames from 1999-2010. my sample file structure is like the ones below: daily record stored per month: 199901.xyz, 199902.xyz, 199903.xyz, 199904.xyz ...199912.xyz records inside 199901.xyz (original data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search IP Address in list of ranges -- not working great

I have been struggling with a script to automate some security related activities. I have it pretty much working, all except the search. I have an input file formatted as such: 216.234.246.158 216.234.246.158 `` 24.249.221.22 24.249.221.200 `` 24.249.226.0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsunami4u
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem passing a search pattern to AWK inside a script loop

Learning, stumbling! My progress in shell scripting is slow. Now I have this doubt: I have the following file (users.txt): AU0909,on AU0309,off AU0209,on AU0109,off And this file (userson.txt) AU0909 AU0209 AU0109 AU0309 I just want to set those users on userson.txt to "off" in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: quinestor
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Pattern-Specific Actions in awk

Hi i am in learning phase of unix i am able to understand basic of awk but not able to understand Pattern-Specific Actions in awk below is the snippet . awk ' / *\$*\. */ { print $1,$2,$3,"*"; } / *\$0\. */ { print ; } ' fruit_prices.txthere i am not getting the use of wild card. what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate Regex numeric range with specific sub-ranges

hi all, Say i have a range like 0 - 1000 and i need to split into diffrent files the lines which are within a specific fixed sub-range. I can achieve this manually but is not scalable if the range increase. E.g cat file1.txt Response time 2 ms Response time 15 ms Response time 101... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
12 Replies
h5unjam(1)						      General Commands Manual							h5unjam(1)

NAME
h5unjam - Extract the user block from a HDF5 file SYNOPSIS
h5unjam -i in_file.h5 [-u user_block | --delete] [-o out_file.h5] DESCRIPTION
h5unjam splits an HDF5 file, writing the user block to a file or stdout and the HDF5 file to an HDF5 file with a header at byte 0 (i.e., with no user block). If out_file.h5 is given, a new file is created with the in_file.h5 without the user block. In this case, infile.h5 is unchanged. If out_file.h5 is not specified, the user_block is removed and in_file.h5 is rewritten, starting at byte 0. If user_block is set, the user block will be written to user_block. If user_block is not set, the user block (if any) will be written to stdout. If --delete is selected, the user block will not be not written. EXAMPLE USAGE
For an HDF5 file, with_ub.h5, with a user block, extract the user block to user_block.txt and the HDF5 file to wo_ub.h5. h5unjam -i with_ub.h5 -u user_block.txt -i wo_ub.h5 RETURN VALUE
h5unjam returns the size of the output file, or -1 if an error occurs. CAVEATS
This tool copies all the data (sequentially) in the file(s) to new offsets. For a large file, this copy will take a long time. The most efficient way to create a user block is to create the file with a user block (see H5Pset_user_block), and write the user block data into that space from a program. The user block is completely opaque to the HDF5 library and to the h5jam and h5unjam tools. The user block is simply read or written as a string of bytes, which could be text or any kind of binary data. It is up to the user to know what the contents of the user block means and how to process it. When the user block is extracted, all the data is written to the output, including any padding or unwritten data. This tool moves the HDF5 file through byte copies, i.e., it does not read or interpret the HDF5 objects. SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5diff(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1), h5jam(1). h5unjam(1)