Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What Social Networks Do You Use Regularly? Post 302902634 by Neo on Wednesday 21st of May 2014 12:18:37 PM
Old 05-21-2014
No, because when a friend unsubscribes, or we unsubscribe to a friend, that only means we do not see their updates in the news feed.

So, if have a friend from my past who is a "religious zealot" and just posts religious messages, he has no idea I'm not reading his posts.

And yes, if you have friends who think that they want to update 100 other friends on their recent trip to Nepal, and do it by email, then that's not very effective.

It's much nicer to post and have people comment, discuss etc.

Personally, I rarely use email anymore... and only share using social media.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server goes down regularly- Please help

Hi , I need a clarification on an issue that we have been facing for two weeks now. From past one year we had issue with space on our Linux machine on which our application ( View VC, CVS) hosted on it. Due to swap memeory configuration being 0 and very less space on the server, the server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
7 Replies
pygm2n(1)						    Python Gateway mail to news 						 pygm2n(1)

NAME
pygm2n - Python Gateway mail to news SYNOPSIS
pygm2n -n newsgroups [ -s newsserver ] [ -h ] DESCRIPTION
IMPORTANT: this man page is to be continued. The Whole pyg gateway is in devel. state. try -h option for more detailed option. pygm2n reads from stdin an email, sending it to newsgroups, a comma separated list without spaces of newsgroup names (at least one), rfc799 compliant. If pygm2n reads from stdin a sigle line starting with /, it is considered an absolute path to a single-email mailbox, so pygm2n will open and read it. Note that now pyg can't read a real mailbox, with many emails. If you give it in input, pyg will post the whole mailbox as a single email. EXAMPLES
There is some documetation in /urs/share/doc/pyg I created mailgate user (moderator of local.moderated ng). Subscribe to a list with this user (or simply email one message to). Every email posted to this user will send to newsgroups, in its .procmailrc I've put something like: :0 bh * ^From *mailinglist-request@lists.debian.org | $HOME/pygm2n -n local.debian.mailinglist AUTHORS
Cosimo Alfarano <alfarano@students.cs.unibo.it> BUGS
Boh. send any bug, advice or opinion to the author, please. Sun Sep 12 18:10:00 CEST 2000 pygm2n(1)