Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What Social Networks Do You Use Regularly? Post 302902632 by Neo on Wednesday 21st of May 2014 12:10:56 PM
Old 05-21-2014
Because a lot of people use social media very effectively.... you are only looking at it from the negative side; and if you have friends who are posting of "their dumps" then perhaps you should evaluate and critique your friends, not the social network.

A social network is a reflection of your friends; so if your social network is about as boring as "watching paint dry".. then you are making a statement about your social network, not the enabler of the social network.

I'm surprised that you guys do not understand this. A social network is about people, the technology is only the enabler; but the core are the people in your network.

I have friends in my social network who are avid scuba divers, adventurers, and sportsman who share common sporting interests (like squash); and I have people in my network from my pre-teen years, high school days, university ... and I can take one photo and share with all of them.

If they are bored with me; they unsubscribe to me; and likewise, I can do the same.

To argue that social networking is useless is the same as arguing that computers are useless because you have a calculator. What you are really saying is that you don't have an active social network; or your friends are not interesting enough to network with, or you simply do not understand how to effectively build and use your own social network!
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server goes down regularly- Please help

Hi , I need a clarification on an issue that we have been facing for two weeks now. From past one year we had issue with space on our Linux machine on which our application ( View VC, CVS) hosted on it. Due to swap memeory configuration being 0 and very less space on the server, the server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
7 Replies
Net::DRI::Data::Contact::SE(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Net::DRI::Data::Contact::SE(3pm)

NAME
Net::DRI::Data::Contact::SE - Handle .SE contact data for Net::DRI DESCRIPTION
This subclass of Net::DRI::Data::Contact adds accessors and validation for .SE specific data. METHODS
The following accessors/mutators can be called in chain, as they all return the object itself. The class also have all the accessors/mutators Net::DRI::Data::Contact has. orgno() Organization registration number for companies or social security number for individuals on the form [<CC>]<no> where <CC> is the country code and <nr> is the organization registration number or the social security number (mandatory) SUPPORT
For now, support questions should be sent to: <netdri@dotandco.com> Please also see the SUPPORT file in the distribution. SEE ALSO
http://www.dotandco.com/services/software/Net-DRI/ AUTHOR
Patrick Mevzek, <netdri@dotandco.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006,2007,2008,2009 Patrick Mevzek <netdri@dotandco.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. See the LICENSE file that comes with this distribution for more details. perl v5.10.1 2010-03-25 Net::DRI::Data::Contact::SE(3pm)