Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print from bottom to top? Post 302902507 by reignangel2003 on Tuesday 20th of May 2014 10:51:48 PM
Old 05-20-2014
How to print from bottom to top?

Hi,

i have a file which contains PID and wanted to execute kill command. but the thing is, when killing PID's needs to kill PID from bottom to top.

Please help

INPUT
Code:
21414 sh -c extract.ksh ASA 
21416 /bin/ksh extract.ksh ASA 
21428 /usr/bin/perl -w /var/tmp/tempperl.21416 ASA
21812 sh -c . /opt/aexeo/profiles/user.profile
21822 /bin/sh ASA_EX
21903 /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/java -Xms64m -Xmx1024m -Dora

what i wanted to achieve is something like this:

kill -9 21903 21822 21812 21428 21416 21414

will the sort command do the trick

below is the code i used:
Code:
for pid in `tail -6 ASA| awk '{$1=$1}{print}' | awk '{print $1}'`
do
   echo "kill -9 $lpid"
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for a particular pattern and remove few lines above top and bottom of the patter

grep for a particular pattern and remove 5 lines above the pattern and 6 lines below the pattern root@server1 # cat filename Shell Programming and Scripting test1 Shell Programminsada asda dasd asd Shell Programming and Scripting Post New Thread Shell Programming and S sadsa ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for a pattern from bottom to top.

Hi, I have a file, which is having a pattern "SEARCH" somewhere towards end of the file, if i am giving " grep -i "SEARCH" $File" , it is taking too much time as file is very big. So i want to search for the pattern from the back side of the file, how can we search for a pattern in bottom... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to print from the bottom up?

I have file.txt bob jon jones gary I want to print from the botton, up using sed. gary jones jon bob Whats one command I can use to do this? Or will I have to construct a new file that would hold the original file in reverse and then print the reversed file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the bottom line of a file to the top of the file

Hi, i have a small requirement where i have to get the bottom most line from a file to the topmost position. a small example is shown below.. $ cat beep.txt It is first documented as being played in southern England. In the 16th century. By the end of the 18th century, Cricket is a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shellslave
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string and print top and bottom line

Hi Folks I need a one liner to parse through a log and if the string is found print the line above, the line with the string and the line below. example: The ball is green and blue Billy through the ball higer. Jane got hurt with the ball. So if I search for Billy I would need the 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bombcan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print n lines from top and n lines from bottom of all files with .log extenstion

Oracle Linux 6.4 In a directory I have more than 300 files with the extension .log I want the first 5 and last 5 lines of these .log files to be printed on screen with each file's name. Expected output : Printing first 5 and last 5 lines of FX_WT_Feb8_2014.log !! Authentication... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Title bar top and bottom

Hello forum, Seems that only I have alot of questions regarding Ubuntu :D In Ubuntu 12.04 LTS the gnome I have been using gdm and lightdm. In lightdm the top and side bars are aka "unity" and can be removed using apt-get remove unity I need to do the same for menu bars gdm. I do not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove top and bottom for each column

Dear All I was wondering if someone could help me in resolving an issue. I have a file like this: column1 column2 2 4 3 5 8 9 0 12 0 0 0 0 9 0 87 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 4 0 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing top few and bottom few rows in a file

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to delete given number of top and bottom rows in a flat file which has new line as its delimiter. For ex: if top_rows=2 & bottom_rows=1 Then in a given file which looks like: New York DC LA London Tokyo Prague Paris Bombay Sydney... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
7 Replies
SIGQUEUE(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       SIGQUEUE(2)

NAME
sigqueue - queue a signal and data to a process SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigqueue(pid_t pid, int sig, const union sigval value); DESCRIPTION
sigqueue() sends the signal specified in sig to the process whose PID is given in pid. The permissions required to send a signal are the same as for kill(2). As with kill(2), the null signal (0) can be used to check if a process with a given PID exists. The value argument is used to specify an accompanying item of data (either an integer or a pointer value) to be sent with the signal, and has the following type: union sigval { int sival_int; void *sival_ptr; }; If the receiving process has installed a handler for this signal using the SA_SIGINFO flag to sigaction(2), then it can obtain this data via the si_value field of the siginfo_t structure passed as the second argument to the handler. Furthermore, the si_code field of that structure will be set to SI_QUEUE. RETURN VALUE
On success, sigqueue() returns 0, indicating that the signal was successfully queued to the receiving proces. Otherwise -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
EAGAIN The limit of signals which may be queued has been reached. (See signal(7) for further information.) EINVAL sig was invalid. ESRCH No process has a PID matching pid. EPERM The process does not have permission to send the signal to the receiving process. (See kill(2) for further information.) NOTES
If this function results in the sending of a signal to the process that invoked it, and that signal was not blocked by the calling thread, and no other threads were willing to handle this signal (either by having it unblocked, or by waiting for it using sigwait(3)), then at least some signal must be delivered to this thread before this function returns. CONFORMING TO
POSIX 1003.1-2001 SEE ALSO
kill(2), sigaction(2), signal(2), sigwait(3), signal(7) Linux 2.4.18 2002-06-07 SIGQUEUE(2)