Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How can we share a AIX drive on to Windows 2012 server? Post 302902446 by System Admin 77 on Tuesday 20th of May 2014 03:13:55 PM
Old 05-20-2014
How can we share a AIX drive on to Windows 2012 server?

Hi,

How can we share a AIX drive on to Windows 2012 server. or vise versa.

Note: Not using NFS/CIFS/samba. (*we are not able to use samba/NFS/CIFS for some reason)

Requirement: How to have real time file sharing over the network between Windows and UNIX

Do you guys have any solutions for this requirement ? please suggest

Thanks

Last edited by System Admin 77; 05-21-2014 at 03:17 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mounting a windows share on AIX

Hi, How can I mount a Windows share (over samba) on an AIX machine? I know there is a utility called smbmount on Linux, but alas, I cannot find out how to the same thing on AIX. anyone have any ideas? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szahir1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Mount a Unix share drive on Windows

We are trying to mount a Unix share drive on a Windows 2003 server to avoid transfering files accross the network using sftp. I can see shared drives on the Solaris server using the "share" command. How can I mount the drives on my Windows server so that I can read them directly. Do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
2 Replies

3. AIX

Access windows share from AIX

How in AIX 5.1 can I access a windows shared drive without using NFS. I have looked into cifs but I can not seem to find the package that I need to install for AIX 5.1 if anyone can give me any further direction please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chefsride
2 Replies

4. AIX

Share Blade IBM Tape drive with Windows Server

Hi , We have a Blade Chassis H housing 4 servers. It has a single tape drive. Can i share this tape drive with a HP Server Running Windows Server 2003? They are in the same LAN btw. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Is it possible to setup a samba share to always mount to a specific Windows drive letter???

I'm trying to setup Samba in a solaris zone... Is there a way to setup Samba so that every Windows machine that tries to connect to the share always gets it mounted under the same drive letter (e.g. H:)??? My Samba share (in smb.conf) /home/pickup I want that all Window users get it mounted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies

6. AIX

Access AIX NFS Share from Windows Server 2008

Hi all, Hopefully this question hasn't been asked a thousand times. I am trying to connect a Windows Server to an exported NFS share which resides on an AIX box. I think the directory is exported correctly from the AIX side but I can't verify that because I didn't do it myself. On the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
6 Replies

7. AIX

AIX cifs: mount Windows Server 2008 share ?

Hello, I've been using AIX cifs to mount windows XP shares with no problems till now. Now it's Windows Server 2008 R2 - no go: mount -v cifs -n host1/user1/pass1 /share1 /mountpt1 There was an error connecting the share or the server. Make sure the lsdev command shows that device nsmb0 is in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

8. AIX

AIX to access Windows share

Are there any special requirements/tools needed for a AIX server to see (copy data) a Windows share? Only need 1-way copy (Windows-to-AIX). (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkb
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Authenticating with SSSD / Kerberos against Windows Server 2012 R2

I'm authenticating with SSSD / Kerberos against Windows Server 2012 R2. I've setup credentails delegation using these options: Host * GSSAPIAuthentication yes GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes GSSAPITrustDns yes For both client/server but no luck. I've read online that I need to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List line count of multiple files in windows server 2012

how to find out line count ( wc -l ) for multiple fines in windows cmd the command which i a using to find line count for single file is type sec0001.txt | find /c /v "" but how to use it for multiple files to get output filewise as if this command is run like type sec*.txt |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
2 Replies
PMDASAMBA(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDASAMBA(1)

NAME
pmdasamba - Samba performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) DESCRIPTION
pmdasamba is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports metric values from Samba, a Windows SMB/CIFS server for UNIX. In order for values to be made available by this PMDA, Samba must have been built with profiling support (WITH_PROFILE in "smbd -b" output). This PMDA dynamically enumerates much of its metric hierarchy, based on the contents of "smbstatus --profile". When the agent is installed (see below), the Install script will attempt to enable Samba statistics gathering, using "smbcontrol --profile". INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names and values for the samba performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Remove pmdasamba is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Install installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/samba.log default log file for error messages from pmdasamba SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), smbd(1) and samba(7). 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDASAMBA(1)