Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List the IP address of list of servers Post 302902323 by kumar85shiv on Tuesday 20th of May 2014 03:10:52 AM
Old 05-20-2014
Linux List the IP address of list of servers

Hi

I have a file containing server names and i can ssh to all these servers without password.

Could any body suggest me how to list out IP address of all the servers?

Now i am manually doing this, like ssh to each server and run "ifcong -a" command and copy the ipaddress to a excel sheet.

can anybody advice a shell script to get servername and ipaddress side by side?

example output
Code:
server1    x.x.x.x
server2    x.x.x.x
server3    x.x.x.x
server4    x.x.x.x
-
-
-

like above....

Thanks
siva

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

want to mail a list of files in different servers

Hi All, I am running my script in crontab and it is generating a file everyday. And I have 10 different servers and i am running the same script in every server in crontab which generates a file in every server per day. I want to retrieve those files from each server everyday. I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AshishK
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send email from address list and subject list

Hello, Here is my problem. there are two files. first.txt <<< contains email address ====== abc@mail.com abd@mail.com abe@mail.com second.txt <<< contains webpage links ======== http//www.test.com/abc/index.html http://www.test.com/abd/index.html http://www.test.com/abe/index.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulds
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - how to list all ip address between 2 ip address

Trying to do a ksh script that needs to list all ip address between ip address a and b .. ie. Ip address A=192.168.1.200 Ip address B=192.168.2.15 So the subnet changes from 1 to 2 but I want to list all possible ip addresses between the 2.. Which would be: 192.168.1.200... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find unique IP address in a list

Hello, I got a list of IP address from which I would like to remove the duplicates. I cat the file and pipe it to uniq -u or uniq -c, I got the same output with all the duplicates. Can anybody please tell me how I can remove the duplicates IPs from this file? This is what I used. cat filename |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List and Compare Files accross different servers.

Hi all, This is my situation. First thing is I cannot use rsync to accomplish this. I don't have on my systems and we can't put it on. I run HP-UX 11v3. I have a list of files generated every day which tells me which files are not in sync with the rest of the servers.I want to ls -l the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Servers lacked maintenance, here's my to-do list

I'll be taking over administration of a rack of Solaris machines that haven't had an admin for the last 9 months. Prior to that they had limited maintenance. I understand there are a few tickets that will need addressed, but I won't have the details for a few days on them. Regardless, I'm trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of servers that are NOT authorized for password-less SSH

Hello friends, We have around 500 servers (HPUX, AIX and linux) and all of them need to be accessed from our management box (linux) via password-less ssh. Out of 500 around 150 servers are setup password-less. We need to setup password-less SSH for remaining servers. First we need to get the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping script to list of servers

Hi Friends, I have experience in redhat/ Ubuntu OS, but I am very new to solaries os. my servers OS is Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86. I have a file contains 200 servers IPs one by one. now I want a script to chaeck which IPs are pinging, not pingning. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP address list padding with 0

Hi All, I'm hoping one of you helpful lot could come up with a way I can do the below. I've been trying to think how is best but have struggled to come up with a way. I have a list of IP addresses in the below format 1.1.1.1 102.1.2.3 102.102.1.10 102.102.102.1 I need to compare... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traverse through list of servers using ssh non-interactively.

I have 300 servers listed in servers.txt I motto is to check if my id "user1" has sudo privileges on the 3000 servers. I m using sudo -l to check if I have privileges or not. If wish to check this either non-interactively; if not; interactively. Below is the script I wrote: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)