Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Recovering corrupted LVM data: No readable superblocks Post 302902201 by bakunin on Monday 19th of May 2014 11:12:30 AM
Old 05-19-2014
This sounds more like an experts problem, so i move it to the appropriate forum. It would have helped, though, would you have told us which system you are on. I suppose it is some Linux flavour, but kernel version, etc.. might be helpful in tracking the error.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Filesystems: Hiding and recovering data

Here is a very interesting article on not only hiding data on filesystems (the article deals mainly with the ext2 filesystem, which should also work with etx3), but also recovering, including from slack space on raw blocks, and even deleted data! ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recovering lost folders/files data

Hello, Is there a way to recover data from a SCO UNIXWARE 7.4 operating system without using a tape backup device? We believe there is some data in some directories that was there once; but not anymore, we don't have a backup on tape. So, is there any other solution to recover? Hope... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM.

Hey peeps, Here is somethin u might find interestin.... Is it possible to recover data from a partition which used to be an ext3 file sytem with some nice forgotten backups, which now is an lvm partion containg root partition of another OS. :) I couldn't create any mess better than this, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Corrupted journal in a Linux LVM How to recover

Not real Linux expert but here is the problem. Shutdown this machine and then it would not reboot. From everything I can tell it looks like the journal file in the logical volume is corrupted. I have tried everything I can think of to get the volume mounted. Anybody have any ideas on how... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
19 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flash drive recovering data.

I have a flash drive which contained very important docs. But somebidy accidently dleted those files. I want to recover these files anyhow. I have listened the Linux have best possible chances of recovering it. Can anybody tell me how to recover that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configure LVM to gain access to the data on disks

Hello friends, We had to upgrade RHEL 4.x to 5.7 so we took complete backup. Since DIRECT UPGRADE not possible, we rebuilt 5.7 from scratch. We had lvm configuration on DATA disks in previous OS and now we need to configure such that we should be able to have same old LVM configuration (like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Recovering DATA from sparc classic

I have a Sun sparc classic that I am trying to recover data off. The main CPU part just clicks or beeps when powered up, but does not come on (nothing on screen, and LED in front not lighting up). There is also an external SCSI drive, and I have verified there is a drive inside the CPU. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackconsult
8 Replies
Bio::Tools::Primer::Assessor::Base(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Bio::Tools::Primer::Assessor::Base(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Tools::Primer::Assessor::Base - base class for common assessor things SYNOPSIS
use Bio::Tools::Primer::Assessor::Base $base->weight(10); DESCRIPTION
Base class for assessors, probably only defining the weight function FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Ewan Birney Email birney-at-ebi.ac.uk APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Tools::Primer::Assessor::Base(3pm)