Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris box completely wipe
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris box completely wipe Post 302902180 by manoj.solaris on Monday 19th of May 2014 07:10:33 AM
Old 05-19-2014
Solaris box completely wipe

HI,

I woluld like to know is it possible to boot solairs into single usermode from cd and using format -> purge command to wipe all the disk?

please suggest or any other method ?

my requirement is to completely wipe solaris box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good uses for a Solaris box?

I picked up an Ultra 10 for a great price, installed Solaris 10, and aside from running the usual network services I'm wondering, what can I use this box for? What are the killer apps for Solaris that you can't run on anything else? It's got the Elite3D graphics, and while I'm sure they're no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b00m3rang
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet into Solaris 8 box

I am new to Unix. What file do I need to edit so that I can telnet to Solaris 8. I recieve this message everytime I try to telnet. It allows me to LOGIN but kicks me out with this same message. SunOS 5.8 login: root Password: Not on system console (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie05
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java into Solaris box

Hi need to install java in a Unix box, but have not been able to. Does anyone know where I can find information on where and how to install. THank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: federico
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Error on Solaris box

We are getting the following error: warning: pm: Can't set power level of TSI, gfxp to level 0 The machine is running Solaris 8. I think it is a SUn 220R box. Any ideas what this means? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box

Hi, I need a clarification. Is there any difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box? The bzip command with -c option works in AIX box and the same does not work in Sun Solaris box. Can anyone please explain if there is an implementation difference in both these boxes for the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nisha4680
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Solaris box how do I tell if its raided

Got a new machine in that was set up prior to receipt, how can I tell if the drives are raided and if so what raid level was used on Solaris 8? thanks, Jo C (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

New Solaris box how do I tell if its raided

New Solaris box how do I tell if its raided -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Got a new machine in that was set up prior to receipt, how can I tell if the drives are raided and if so what raid level was used on Solaris 8? thanks, Jo C (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Perl comes with Solaris out of the box?

Hi guys. I plan to study Perl in near future, and Im just wondering, is Perl installed in Solaris with minimal install? Cheers. Edit: looks like I have found out Perl is installed with minimal install :) Re: perl in Solaris (was Re: Re: disable processor: msg#00085... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris box as BGB

I have network with x computers which is divided in three subnets A, B ,C. All three subnets need can't access to internet because my old router -> R.I.P. Probably best solution is to get new router and set up back internet connection but that is not good enough for me. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
6 Replies

10. Solaris

E1 on Solaris box

hi, can someone please guide me if there is any special hardware to use when we need to terminate an E1/T1 link on a Solaris10 box. I have a number of boxes and these all are located at longer distances. the only connectivity is the E1 links between these far location locations. Would it be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
0 Replies
BJAVALOADER(1)						      General Commands Manual						    BJAVALOADER(1)

NAME
bjavaloader - Barry Project's program to manage BlackBerry applications SYNOPSIS
bjavaloader [-h][-p pin][-P pass][-v] bjavaloader dir [-s] bjavaloader deviceinfo bjavaloader load <.codfile> bjavaloader save [-A] <module_name> bjavaloader wipe [-a | -i] bjavaloader erase [-f] <module_name> bjavaloader eventlog bjavaloader cleareventlog bjavaloader logstacktraces bjavaloader screenshot <.bmp file> bjavaloader settime [yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS] DESCRIPTION
bjavaloader is a tool for loading, listing, and deleting applications on a BlackBerry device. It has a few other features as well, not pertaining to application management. The command syntax is intentionally similar to the Windows program 'javaloader.exe' provided by Research In Motion, in order to make it easy to use the same build scripts on Linux and Windows. OPTIONS
-A Used with the 'save' command to save all available modules. -a Used with the 'wipe' command to only wipe the applications. -i Used with the 'wipe' command to only wipe the filesystem. -f Used with the 'erase' command to force the erasure of an application that is currently in use in the device. Experimental. -h Display a command help summary. -s When using the 'dir' command, list the submodules as well. -p pin Specifies the PIN number of the device with which you wish to communicate, when multiple devices are connected. -P password A simplistic method to specify the device password. -v Verbose debug output. This enables dumping of USB bus scanning, as well as the protocol packets used during communication. COMMANDS
dir [-s] Fetch a list of all applications and display them on stdout. When used with the -s option, submodules are included, and can take a long time to display. deviceinfo Provides information on the handheld. load <.cod filename> ... Loads one or more COD application files into the device. save [-A] <module name> ... Retrieves modules from the handheld and writes them to .cod files with the same name as the module. Note that this will overwrite any existing .cod file in the current directory. If the -A option is specified, a dir will be done internally, and all available modules will be saved. wipe [-a | -i] Wipes the handheld, removing all data such as messages, contacts, etc. and/or all .cod files, including OS .cod files. By default, with no options specified, both applications and data are wiped. Use the switches to specify only applications or data. erase [-f] <module name> ... Delete the specified application module(s). The module name can be determined using the 'dir' command. When used with the -f option, the module is erased even if in use, and the device will be reset. eventlog Retrives the handheld event log and prints it on stdout. cleareventlog Clears the handheld event log. logstacktraces Dumps the stack traces for all threads into the event log, which can then be viewed with the 'eventlog' command. screenshot <.bmp filename> Capture current screen image and save in BMP format. settime [yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS] Sets the time on the handheld to the current time, or the specified time. If time is given as an argument, the current system time- zone is assumed. AUTHOR
bjavaloader was initially written for the Barry project by Nicolas Vivien, with additional contributions from others over time. This manual page was written by Chris Frey. SEE ALSO
http://www.netdirect.ca/software/packages/barry September 11, 2010 BJAVALOADER(1)