Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print lines between strings like *0123456* Post 302901976 by alister on Saturday 17th of May 2014 12:17:12 AM
Old 05-17-2014
This may sound harsh, but you could not have been any lazier if you tried. We are here to help, at no cost to you, so why don't you take the time to explain your data instead of leaving your dump for us to decipher?.

Are those values constant? If not, how are they made avaialble? Are the records that begin and end inclusion always adjacent?

And, please, use code tags for sample code and data.

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print only lines in between two strings using awk

Hi, I want to print only lines in between two strings and not the strings using awk. Eg: OUTPUT top 2 bottom 1 left 0 right 0 page 66 END I want to print into a new file only top 2 bottom 1 left 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using AWK see the upper lines and lower lines of the strings??

Hi experts, You cool guys already given me the awk script below- awk '/9366109380/,printed==5 { ++printed; print; }' 2008-09-14.0.log Morever, i have one more things- when i awk 9366109380, i can also see the Upper 3 lines as well as below 5 lines of that string. Line 1.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all the lines between 2 specified strings

Hi All, I have a file in which i want to print all the lines between 2 defined strings. Ex- I have file with data as follows STEP1:- ----- has some 20 -30 lines of data STEP2:- ----- has some 20 -30 lines of data So i want to print those lines between STEP1 & STEP2. (line including STEP1)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing empty lines(space) between two lines containing strings

Hi, Please provide shell script to Remove empty lines(space) between two lines containing strings in a file. Input File : A1/EXT "BAP_BSC6/07B/00" 844 090602 1605 RXOCF-465 PDTR11 1 SITE ON BATTERY A2/EXT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two strings, and print lines containing mismatches

pls help me on this... and im really sorry because i really don't know where to start here... FILE1 ABC DEF 10 2 DEF GHI 11 3 GHI JKL 12 5 JKL MNO 13 7 MNO PQR 14 5 requirements: 1. The third string should only be 10 or 12 2. The fourth string should only be 2 or 3 3. Prinnt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines AFTER lines cointaining a regexp (or print every first and fourth line)

Hi all, This should be very easy but I can't figure it out... I have a file that looks like this: @SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 AGCAGTGGTATCAACGCAGAGTAAGCAGTGGTAT +SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 FIIHFF6666?=:88@@@BBD:::?@ABBAAA>8 @SRR057408.2 FW8Y5CK02TBMHV length=52... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strings from one file which exactly match to the 1st column of other file and then print lines.

Hi, I have two files. 1st file has 1 column (huge file containing ~19200000 lines) and 2nd file has 2 columns (small file containing ~6000 lines). ################################# huge_file.txt a a ab b ################################## small_file.txt a 1.5 b 2.5 ab ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines in file containing duplicate strings, keeping longer strings

The question is not as simple as the title... I have a file, it looks like this <string name="string1">RZ-LED</string> <string name="string2">2.0</string> <string name="string2">Version 2.0</string> <string name="string3">BP</string> I would like to check for duplicate entries of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two strings multiple occurencies (with sed, awk, or grep)

Hello, I can extract lines in a file, between two strings but only one time. If there are multiple occurencies, my command show only one block. Example, monfichier.txt contains : debut_sect texte L1 texte L2 texte L3 texte L4 fin_sect donnees inutiles 1 donnees inutiles 2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: theclem35
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only lines where fields concatenated match strings

Hello everyone, Maybe somebody could help me with an awk script. I have this input (field separator is comma ","): 547894982,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900027,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900023,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,54,3,1,1 234900028,M|H|J,S|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900030,M|N|J,U|F|P,98,101,0,1,1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies
libesd.3(3)						 Introduction to Library Functions					       libesd.3(3)

NAME
libesd - GNOME Enlightenment Sound Daemon Interface library DESCRIPTION
The libesd library provides access to the Enlightened Sound Daemon (esd). The Enlightened Sound Daemon is launched automatically by libesd if the daemon is not already present. A sockets connection is managed with the daemon by this API. The connection allows sound data to be written to the daemon for playback, or read from the daemon for recording purposes. The daemon will automatically sample an incoming stream from a client to the best format that is supported by the sound device. Therefore, client programs do not have to be concerned with writing platform-specific code for handling sound data. The daemon supports caching. Each sample is given an ID tag, and sound data can then be accessed via this API with this ID tag. If the audio device supports simultaneous record and playback at the same bit resolution, bit rate, and number of channels (in other words, is full duplex), then the daemon and API also supports simultaneous reading and writing from the audio device. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libesd.so GNOME Enlightened Sound Daemon Interface shared library ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-audio | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
esdcat(1), esdplay(1), esdrec(1), esdsample(1), esdmon(1), esdctl(1), esd-config(1) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 10 Jan 2003 libesd.3(3)