Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators I need to edit/erase a closed post Post 302901926 by Neo on Friday 16th of May 2014 12:27:08 PM
Old 05-16-2014
We do not erase or delete posts.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

erase file

I have a file that always generated in the system eg. /tmp/log.txt , it is generated by the application program , but this file should not be present in the system otherwise there are some program problem , I want to erase this file once the program has generate it , as I know , it can link to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty erase r

after hitting this command...on pressing r acts as a backspace character.... how to disable this function (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Erase an at job

Hello everybody i need to erase a at job that i write. I wrote at 22 at>execute a command at>Ctr + d How do i erase this? I don`t wan`t to do this. I need to change something when i pressed ctrl + d give a job number (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
2 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to edit a closed question?

Hi All, I want to edit a closed question. Is that possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
3 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please help to edit the following post as it is confidential

Please help to edit the following links since it contains confidential information: 1. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/229669-how-get-exact-word-awk.html Please remove code part. 2.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

This forum is closed for new thread ... post here.

This forum is closed for new threads. Please post in this forum: UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

If a closed thread/post is missing solution details, then how to contact the person?

Hi, Following post owner has realized a solution but he/she is not clear on the details. I need to ask him but couldnt PM since my posts count is only 4 yet. " Mail is not sent by cron daemon Solaris " by tlogine Regards, Hasan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasan.kamali
3 Replies
curs_clear(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     curs_clear(3)

NAME
curs_clear, clear, wclear, erase, werase, clrtobot, wclrtobot, clrtoeol, wclrtoeol - Clear all or part of a Curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int clear( void ); int wclear( WINDOW *win ); int erase( void ); int werase( WINDOW *win ); int clrtobot( void ); int wclrtobot( WINDOW *win ); int clrtoeol( void ); int wclrtoeol( WINDOW *win ); LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses) STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: clear, wclear, erase, werase, clrtobot, wclrtobot, clrtoeol, wclrtoeol: XCURSES4.2 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The erase and werase routines copy blanks to every position in the window. The clear and wclear routines are similar to erase and werase but also call clearok. The result is that the screen is cleared completely on the next call to wrefresh for that window and repainted from scratch. The clrtobot and wclrtobot routines erase all lines below the cursor in the window. In addition, these routines erase the current line to the right of the cursor, including the character on which the cursor is positioned. The clrtoeol and wclrtoeol routines erase the current line to the right of the cursor, including the character on which the cursor is posi- tioned. NOTES
The header file <curses.h> automatically includes the header file <stdio.h>. Note that erase, werase, clear, wclear, clrtobot, and clrtoeol may be macros. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these routines return OK; otherwise, they return ERR. SEE ALSO
Functions: curses(3), curs_outopts(3), curs_refresh(3) Others: standards(5) curs_clear(3)