Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing variable as a file-Scripting Help Post 302901820 by Atp3530 on Thursday 15th of May 2014 10:33:26 PM
Old 05-15-2014
Thanks a lot Corona688.It workout well and good Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scripting: multiple values from file passing to command

one of my colleagues has this question. he has a command, C_CMD which accepts 4 variables, $1 $2 $3 $4 he wants to load up a file with multiple rows, one row per set of variables and then iteratively execute the command based on the content of the file. example: at the command line you'd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing output to variable instead of file

Hi, In normal shell scripting, how do you pass the output of a command to a variable, instead of a file and be able to use it later? The code is: #!/bin/bash who | cut -d" " -f1 > onlineusers Instead of passing the output of the above command to the file called 'onlineusers'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Furqan_79
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable to #BSUB -n in a LSF file

Hi There! I'm writing this LSF script to make it easier to send jobs to a cluster when varying certain parameters. At one point I'd like to do something like: set NPROC = 10 and later on call BSUB using something like: #BSUB -n $NPROC unfortunately for me, this throws an error: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lrayo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable to another file and replacing

Hi all, I have a script in file1 which gets input from the user say variable "TYPE". This variable is present in the other file2. I want to replace the variable in the file2 with the value given by the user and print the file. How can I achieve this task? file1 code echo "Give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing file extension using external variable

Hi, How can I modify the FILETYPE command ? I want to provide the file extension, like txt, root .? Thanks, #!/bin/bash FROM=$1 TO=$2 FILETYPE=$3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
4 Replies

6. Programming

PASSING PART OF FILE CONTENT TO VARIABLE

All, I have a log file containing lots of data now i want to extract all text between block below(names) without the title or end pattern but only names, ++++START++++ SCOTT TIGER HENRY PAUL JARED OTIENO OMOLLO JA NIGERIA ++++END++++ the names i want to return and store in a variable in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott2000
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to sql from script

Hi Friend, I have one file in which some number are mentioned and number of lines are vary every time And i need to pass that number to my sql command from script. Suppose i have file acc.txt 45456546456 45464564565 67854353454 67657612132 Number of records are vary every time.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to Oracle

cat a1 scott robert tom test script : #!/usr/bin/ksh for NAME in `cat a1` do VALUE=`sqlplus -silent "nobody/bobody01@testq" <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select username from dba_users where username=upper('$NAME'); END` if ; then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Shell variable from file to another command

Hi all, I have a file looks like AAAA 111 BBBB 222 CCCC 333 need to pass variable value like var1=AAAA and var2=111 to another command for three times with next values. stuck over here cat file | while read line do export var1=`awk '{print $1}'` echo $var1 export var2=`cat file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing a file name to a variable

Below is the command mv AP_FLEXCUBE_INTERFACE10.txt FTPYMNTE_`date "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S" | tr '' ''`.TXT it is changing the file name to a different name according to time stamp dynamically. I want to capture that dynamic file name present in the directory to a variable . After that i want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit das
6 Replies
CREATE CLIC 
FILE(1) Clic FS User's Manual CREATE CLIC FILE(1) NAME
mkclicfs - Create Clic File SYNOPSIS
mkclicfs [-d] [-p pagesize] [-b blocksize] [-c compression] [-l logfile] [-n cores] infile outfile DESCRIPTION
The infile is a loop image (so far only tested with ext3) that is assumed to use pages of pagesize. The outfile is the Compressed Loop Image Container (Clic), it will contain X parts with blocksize. mkclicfs automatically discards duplicated pages, unless -d is given. The default for the pagesize is 4096, the default for ext3 The blocksize defines how many pages are grouped together before compression. The default is 32, it is a good balance between overhead and compression ratio. The compression preset defines on how slow it is or how good it compresses. Compare with xz presets. -c 0 is fast and -c 9 is (very) slow - but the compression rate varies a lot - of course depending on the data. Preset 6 is the default. The logfile is the logfile that is generated from clicfs -l, clicfs will output the access pattern and mkclicfs will reorder the blocks so they are in order. The number of cores is by default taken from the system. Sometimes it's wise to not all of them though. SEE ALSO
clicfs, unclicfs AUTHOR
Stephan Kulow AUTHOR
Stephan Kulow Author. Clic FS April 16th, 2009 CREATE CLIC FILE(1)