Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet script to amplifier
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Telnet script to amplifier Post 302901645 by Corona688 on Wednesday 14th of May 2014 04:58:00 PM
Old 05-14-2014
Leave it \r\n if it works Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

telnet in a script

Does anyone have a script that contains the telnet command and passes the login and password in the script as well? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaccari
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet through script

Hi, How to write a script to perform telnet/ftp operation. Also please refer some site to get reference about shell scripting. Thanks in advance -Arun. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use telnet in script

I am trying to use telnet in shell script but getting following error error Connected to crmapp00.agf.ca. Escape character is '^]'. Connection closed by foreign host. Script #!/bin/ksh PATH=/usr/sbin/:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/local/bin:. telnet HOSTNAME <<SCRIPT user userid... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sibghat
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Script

Hi, I have the following code ... (sleep 1; echo $USERID ; sleep 1; echo $PASSWD ; sleep 1 ; echo y ; sleep 1 ; echo "\r" ; sleep 1 ; echo "cd $FILEPATH" ; sleep 1 ; echo "pwd"; sleep 1 ; echo df -k .| tail -1| cut -d ' ' -f8 > aop.txt ; echo "pwd" ; cat aop.txt; sleep 3)| telnet $SERVER the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Telnet in a script

Hi All, I was trying to use telnet in a script to access a certain processor on a certain port to view some processes. The problem is that when I use telnet the output is displayed for me. The script is: #!/bin/sh cd /ahmed/ezzat/ rm ss7trace.log touch ss7trace.log chmod 755... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmad Ezzat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet script help

Hi Guys, How do I write the script for the following telnet 192.168.1.100 9002 if the result is less than 1 second. The script should say as port open if the result takes more than 3 seconds. The script should display as port closed. Thanks, Charan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charan314
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet script

Hi all, I would like to write a ad hoc shell script that would allow me to do some telnet tests to multiple IP's and ports at the same time . So, I want to determine which one is successful and which one fails. So, basically I would like the shell to spawn the telnet test and to break out of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet script

Hi, I need a script that take one parameter as destination hostname and two parameter as ranges and tries telnet and records the successful connections. fo reg: ./testtelnet.sh destination-host 1000 1050 should give me all the port between 1000 and 1050 what successfully connected to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Script

Hello, I wrote a script for doing telnet.However the requirement got changed and now I have to write a telnet script that will 1. Do the telnet from all the virtual ips in a box(Ex: x.x.x.x is the box ip, and x.x.x.1,x.x.x.2 etc are virtual ips associated with that box.) 2. The port range... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Script

Hello, I wrote a script for doing telnet.However the requirement got changed and now I have to write a telnet script that will 1. Do the telnet from all the virtual ips in a box(Ex: x.x.x.x is the box ip, and x.x.x.1,x.x.x.2 etc are virtual ips associated with that box.) 2. The port range... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
3 Replies
NMEDIT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NMEDIT(1)

NAME
nmedit - change global symbols to local symbols SYNOPSIS
nmedit -s list_file [-R list_file] [-p] [-A] [-] [[-arch arch_type] ...] object_file ... [-o output] DESCRIPTION
Nmedit changes the global symbols not listed in the list_file file of the -s list_file option to static symbols. Undefined symbols and common symbols are not effected and shouldn't be listed in list_file. For dynamic libraries symbols are turned into private extern symbols that are no longer external (rather than static symbols). This is done so that the references between modules of a dynamic library are resolved to the symbols in the dynamic library. Nmedit differs from strip(1) in that it also changes the symbolic debugging information (produce by the -g option to cc(1)) for the global symbols it changes to static symbols so that the resulting object can still be used with the debugger. Nmedit like strip(1) is useful to limit the symbols for use with later linking. This allows control of the interface that the executable wants to provide to the objects that it will dynamically load, and it will not have to publish symbols that are not part of its interface. For example an executable that wishes to allow only a subset of its global symbols but all of the shared libraries globals to be used would have its symbol table edited with: % nmedit -s interface_symbols -A executable where the file interface_symbols would contain only those symbols from the executable that it wishes the objects loaded at runtime to have access to. Another example is an object that is made up of a number of other objects that will be loaded into an executable would built and then have its symbol table edited with: % ld -o relocatable.o -r a.o b.o c.o % nmedit -s interface_symbols relocatable.o which would leave only the symbols listed in the file interface_symbols (and the undefined and common symbols) as global symbols in the object file. The one or more of the following options is required to nmedit(1) is: -s filename Leave the symbol table entries for the global symbols listed in filename global but turn all other global symbols (except undefined and common symbols) into static symbols. The symbol names listed in filename must be one per line. Leading and trailing white space are not part of the symbol name. Lines starting with # are ignored, as are lines with only white space. -R filename Change the symbol table entries for the global symbols listed in filename into static symbols. This file has the same format as the -s filename option above. If the -R filename option is specified without the -s filename option, then all symbols not listed in the -R filename option's filename are left as globals. If both a -R filename and a -s filename are given the symbols listed in the -R filename are basically ignored and only those symbols listed in the -s filename are saved. -p Change symbols to private externs instead of static. This is allowed as the only option to change all defined global symbols to private externs. The options to nmedit(1) are: -A Leave all global absolute symbols except those with a value of zero, and save objective-C class symbols as globals. This is intended for use of programs that load code at runtime and want the loaded code to use symbols from the shared libraries. - Treat all remaining arguments as file names and not options. -arch arch_type Specifies the architecture, arch_type, of the file for nmedit(1) to process when the file is a fat file (see arch(3) for the cur- rently know arch_types). The arch_type can be all to process all architectures in the file. The default is to process all archi- tectures that are contained in the file. -o output Write the result into the file output. SEE ALSO
strip(1), ld(1), arch(3) BUGS
The changing of the symbolic debugging information by nmedit is not known to be totally correct and could cause the debugger to crash, get confused or produce incorrect information. Apple Computer, Inc. March 19, 2002 NMEDIT(1)