Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ethernet Port device path?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Ethernet Port device path? Post 302901635 by Corona688 on Wednesday 14th of May 2014 04:15:58 PM
Old 05-14-2014
You don't. They don't exist. You'll have to write a C program if you want raw access. (darkstat may be useful at showing how to capture all traffic on an ethernet interface.)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

determining ethernet port speed in solaris

i purchased, what was labeled as a 4-port fast ethernet sbus card from ebay. i installed it in my ultra1, and it seems to be working fine. how can i determine if the card is infact a fast ethernet card vs. the standard ethernet 4-port card? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

serial port device path

hi. Im trying to install a switch. And the manual says i should type a command including a SerialPortDevicePath. which is the filepath to serial port used for connection. However.. nothing about how to find this info. Could anyone help me where to find this path? thx mr.T (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyskertøs
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Reg. Ethernet port

Hi Friends, I am using intel system installed solaris 10, when i check ifconfig -a it doesn't show any thing eg-for HP servers hme0, for sun servers-iprb0. for me it doesn't show any thing, and tell me what files to be modified. Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Ethernet Port Name

I have a new Sun 440 and I am trying to configure it. Non of the Ethernet ports are enabled; when I issue "ifconfig -a" it returns nothing. Is there a way to know the available port name (e.g. ce, bge, etc.) by running a command or so ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
4 Replies

5. Linux

Do linux have a device file for ETHERNET CARD.

Sir, Do linux have device file for ethernet card. Can I use open , read , write , system calls to read data transferred through LAN. Is there any methods to read network datas (with out header and tailor information). Hope anyone can help me out. Thanking you.... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Oracle RAC -- changing ethernet device name

I have a RAC setup that was configured before I started at my new company. I would like to reconfigure the network devices and change the names. How complex is this regarding the Oracle RAC environment? Does the Oracle RAC rely on the device name or is it only relying on the IP information? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s ladd
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)