Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to combing output of cut commands with a delimiter? Post 302901633 by mady135 on Wednesday 14th of May 2014 04:14:28 PM
Old 05-14-2014
HP How to combing output of cut commands with a delimiter?

While looping through a file, I am cutting different length of characters (based on their length) like columns and want to produce the output in a separate file with different columns being separated by a comma.
How to achieve this with an online command. I don't want to create multiple variables or files.
Code:
Input file :
CARISGOOD
CATISBAD
GOAISBAD
GODISGOOD

Output should look like this :
CAR,IS,GOOD
CAT,IS,BAD
GOA,IS,BAD
GOD,IS,GOOD

Here is the real file
Code:

111MN EDXBB35B            11SAP22             00ES ABCD00001000010000000000010000GH20140502

And the output should be in below format :
Code:
         Col=4-6
             Col=7-8
             Col=9-26
             Col=27-28
             Col=29-46
             Col=47-48
             Col=49-51
             Col=52-53
             Col=54-55
             Col=56-64
             Col=65-69
             Col=70-76
             Col=77-81

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment CODE tags supply their own color and font; please do not override the CODE tag font and color.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 05-14-2014 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: Remove unneeded COLOR and FONT tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

\r as delimiter in cut

I need to use \r as a delimiter in the -d option of the cut comand . Any help ? Thanks in advance . SD (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shweta_d
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

use a word as a delimiter with cut

Is there a way to use a word as a delimiter with cut? Or is there a way to use sed or awk with a word as a delimiter? I don't care which program I use for a delimiter I just want to use a word as a delimiter. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut -d with more than 1 delimiter?

I need to cut or otherwise get the 4th and 5th position output of for i in `date +%H` ; do vnstat --dumpdb | grep "h;$i" ; done example output is: h;13;1310318701;443;93 I only need ";443;93" from any given run of "for i in `date +%H` ; do vnstat --dumpdb | grep "h;$i" ; done" Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut columns with delimiter

HI, I have a file like below "103865","103835","Zming","","Zhu","103965","Sunnyvale","US", "116228","116227","Morlla","","Kowalski","113228","Paese "(Treviso)""IT" I want to validate the 7th column which is below. "Sunnyvale" "Paese In the above 7th column Paese is not ended with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set output delimiter as tab in cut command

I can not make it work, it prints \t rather than introduce tabs. cut -d "," -f 4,8 Samples.csv --output-delimiter="\t" | sort > out Since I am running this command within a shell script, I tried manually inserting tab in this command, still does not work. I am using bash shell Suggestions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to cut all string after the last delimiter?

hi all, suppose a string: abc/def/ghi/jkl/mn.txt and i want to get the file name without the path. however, different files have different paths, therefore the number of delimiter is uncertain. thanks so much! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut by delimiter, and delimiter can be anything except numbers?

Hi all, I have a number of strings like below: //mnt/autocor/43°13'(33")W/ and i'm trying to get the numbers in this string, for example 431333 please help thanks ahead (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut delimiter and save

i have list of names in a text file and I wanted to delete the commas en every line. for example: inside the text is a list of names in it with commas after each line. I wanted to delete these commas. which command must I execute for this? unix, dale, shawn, aaron, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut cmd with delimiter as |#|

Hi All- We have a file data as below with delimiter as |#| 10|#|20|#|ABC 13|#|23|#|PBC If I want to cut the 2nd field out of this, below command is not working as multiple pipe is causing an issue , it seems cut -f2 -d"|#|" <file_name> can you please help to provide the correct command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Combing Two Commands

I have been digging deeper into Python and want to make my code as efficient as possible. The less line of code the better so I have been experimenting and wanted to ask the Python gurus if this is possible. So: ... ... In : kbfileurl = re.search('<p>For more information about this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies
wxDC(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition							wxDC(3erl)

NAME
wxDC - See external documentation: wxDC. DESCRIPTION
See external documentation: wxDC . DATA TYPES
wxDC() : An object reference, The representation is internal and can be changed without notice. It can't be used for comparsion stored on disc or distributed for use on other nodes. EXPORTS
blit(This::wxDC(), DestPt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Sz::{W::integer(), H::integer()}, Source::wxDC(), SrcPt::{X::integer(), Y::inte- ger()}) -> bool() Equivalent to blit(This, DestPt, Sz, Source, SrcPt, []) . blit(This::wxDC(), DestPt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Sz::{W::integer(), H::integer()}, Source::wxDC(), SrcPt::{X::integer(), Y::inte- ger()}, Options::[Option]) -> bool() Types Option = {rop, integer()} | {useMask, bool()} | {srcPtMask, {X::integer(), Y::integer()}} See external documentation . calcBoundingBox(This::wxDC(), X::integer(), Y::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . clear(This::wxDC()) -> ok See external documentation . computeScaleAndOrigin(This::wxDC()) -> ok See external documentation . crossHair(This::wxDC(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . destroyClippingRegion(This::wxDC()) -> ok See external documentation . deviceToLogicalX(This::wxDC(), X::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . deviceToLogicalXRel(This::wxDC(), X::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . deviceToLogicalY(This::wxDC(), Y::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . deviceToLogicalYRel(This::wxDC(), Y::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . drawArc(This::wxDC(), Pt1::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Pt2::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Centre::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . drawBitmap(This::wxDC(), Bmp::wxBitmap() (see module wxBitmap), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}) -> ok Equivalent to drawBitmap(This, Bmp, Pt, []) . drawBitmap(This::wxDC(), Bmp::wxBitmap() (see module wxBitmap), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {useMask, bool()} See external documentation . drawCheckMark(This::wxDC(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . drawCircle(This::wxDC(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Radius::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . drawEllipse(This::wxDC(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . drawEllipse(This::wxDC(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Sz::{W::integer(), H::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . drawEllipticArc(This::wxDC(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Sz::{W::integer(), H::integer()}, Sa::float(), Ea::float()) -> ok See external documentation . drawIcon(This::wxDC(), Icon::wxIcon() (see module wxIcon), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . drawLabel(This::wxDC(), Text::string(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}) -> ok Equivalent to drawLabel(This, Text, Rect, []) . drawLabel(This::wxDC(), Text::string(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}, Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {alignment, integer()} | {indexAccel, integer()} See external documentation . drawLine(This::wxDC(), Pt1::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Pt2::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . drawLines(This::wxDC(), Points::[{X::integer(), Y::integer()}]) -> ok Equivalent to drawLines(This, Points, []) . drawLines(This::wxDC(), Points::[{X::integer(), Y::integer()}], Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {xoffset, integer()} | {yoffset, integer()} See external documentation . drawPolygon(This::wxDC(), Points::[{X::integer(), Y::integer()}]) -> ok Equivalent to drawPolygon(This, Points, []) . drawPolygon(This::wxDC(), Points::[{X::integer(), Y::integer()}], Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {xoffset, integer()} | {yoffset, integer()} | {fillStyle, integer()} See external documentation . drawPoint(This::wxDC(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . drawRectangle(This::wxDC(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . drawRectangle(This::wxDC(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Sz::{W::integer(), H::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . drawRotatedText(This::wxDC(), Text::string(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Angle::float()) -> ok See external documentation . drawRoundedRectangle(This::wxDC(), R::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}, Radius::float()) -> ok See external documentation . drawRoundedRectangle(This::wxDC(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Sz::{W::integer(), H::integer()}, Radius::float()) -> ok See external documentation . drawText(This::wxDC(), Text::string(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . endDoc(This::wxDC()) -> ok See external documentation . endPage(This::wxDC()) -> ok See external documentation . floodFill(This::wxDC(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Col::colour() (see module wx)) -> bool() Equivalent to floodFill(This, Pt, Col, []) . floodFill(This::wxDC(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Col::colour() (see module wx), Options::[Option]) -> bool() Types Option = {style, integer()} See external documentation . getBackground(This::wxDC()) -> wxBrush() (see module wxBrush) See external documentation . getBackgroundMode(This::wxDC()) -> integer() See external documentation . getBrush(This::wxDC()) -> wxBrush() (see module wxBrush) See external documentation . getCharHeight(This::wxDC()) -> integer() See external documentation . getCharWidth(This::wxDC()) -> integer() See external documentation . getClippingBox(This::wxDC(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . getFont(This::wxDC()) -> wxFont() (see module wxFont) See external documentation . getLayoutDirection(This::wxDC()) -> WxLayoutDirection Types WxLayoutDirection = integer() See external documentation . WxLayoutDirection is one of ?wxLayout_Default | ?wxLayout_LeftToRight | ?wxLayout_RightToLeft getLogicalFunction(This::wxDC()) -> integer() See external documentation . getMapMode(This::wxDC()) -> integer() See external documentation . getMultiLineTextExtent(This::wxDC(), String::string()) -> {W::integer(), H::integer()} See external documentation . getMultiLineTextExtent(This::wxDC(), String::string(), Options::[Option]) -> {Width::integer(), Height::integer(), HeightLine::integer()} Types Option = {font, wxFont() (see module wxFont)} See external documentation . getPartialTextExtents(This::wxDC(), Text::string(), Widths::[integer()]) -> bool() See external documentation . getPen(This::wxDC()) -> wxPen() (see module wxPen) See external documentation . getPixel(This::wxDC(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Col::colour() (see module wx)) -> bool() See external documentation . getPPI(This::wxDC()) -> {W::integer(), H::integer()} See external documentation . getSize(This::wxDC()) -> {W::integer(), H::integer()} See external documentation . getSizeMM(This::wxDC()) -> {W::integer(), H::integer()} See external documentation . getTextBackground(This::wxDC()) -> colour() (see module wx) See external documentation . getTextExtent(This::wxDC(), String::string()) -> {W::integer(), H::integer()} See external documentation . getTextExtent(This::wxDC(), String::string(), Options::[Option]) -> {X::integer(), Y::integer(), Descent::integer(), ExternalLeading::inte- ger()} Types Option = {theFont, wxFont() (see module wxFont)} See external documentation . getTextForeground(This::wxDC()) -> colour() (see module wx) See external documentation . getUserScale(This::wxDC()) -> {X::float(), Y::float()} See external documentation . gradientFillConcentric(This::wxDC(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}, InitialColour::colour() (see module wx), DestColour::colour() (see module wx)) -> ok See external documentation . gradientFillConcentric(This::wxDC(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}, InitialColour::colour() (see module wx), DestColour::colour() (see module wx), CircleCenter::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . gradientFillLinear(This::wxDC(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}, InitialColour::colour() (see module wx), DestColour::colour() (see module wx)) -> ok Equivalent to gradientFillLinear(This, Rect, InitialColour, DestColour, []) . gradientFillLinear(This::wxDC(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}, InitialColour::colour() (see module wx), DestColour::colour() (see module wx), Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {nDirection, WxDirection} WxDirection = integer() See external documentation . WxDirection is one of ?wxLEFT | ?wxRIGHT | ?wxUP | ?wxDOWN | ?wxTOP | ?wxBOTTOM | ?wxNORTH | ?wxSOUTH | ?wxWEST | ?wxEAST | ?wxALL logicalToDeviceX(This::wxDC(), X::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . logicalToDeviceXRel(This::wxDC(), X::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . logicalToDeviceY(This::wxDC(), Y::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . logicalToDeviceYRel(This::wxDC(), Y::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . maxX(This::wxDC()) -> integer() See external documentation . maxY(This::wxDC()) -> integer() See external documentation . minX(This::wxDC()) -> integer() See external documentation . minY(This::wxDC()) -> integer() See external documentation . isOk(This::wxDC()) -> bool() See external documentation . resetBoundingBox(This::wxDC()) -> ok See external documentation . setAxisOrientation(This::wxDC(), XLeftRight::bool(), YBottomUp::bool()) -> ok See external documentation . setBackground(This::wxDC(), Brush::wxBrush() (see module wxBrush)) -> ok See external documentation . setBackgroundMode(This::wxDC(), Mode::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . setBrush(This::wxDC(), Brush::wxBrush() (see module wxBrush)) -> ok See external documentation . setClippingRegion(This::wxDC(), X::term()) -> ok See external documentation . Alternatives: setClippingRegion(This::wxDC(), Region::wxRegion:wxRegion()) -> ok setClippingRegion(This::wxDC(), Rect::{X::integer(),Y::integer(),W::integer(),H::integer()}) -> ok setClippingRegion(This::wxDC(), Pt::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}, Sz::{W::integer(), H::integer()}) -> ok See external documentation . setDeviceOrigin(This::wxDC(), X::integer(), Y::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . setFont(This::wxDC(), Font::wxFont() (see module wxFont)) -> ok See external documentation . setLayoutDirection(This::wxDC(), Dir::WxLayoutDirection) -> ok Types WxLayoutDirection = integer() See external documentation . WxLayoutDirection is one of ?wxLayout_Default | ?wxLayout_LeftToRight | ?wxLayout_RightToLeft setLogicalFunction(This::wxDC(), Function::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . setMapMode(This::wxDC(), Mode::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . setPalette(This::wxDC(), Palette::wxPalette() (see module wxPalette)) -> ok See external documentation . setPen(This::wxDC(), Pen::wxPen() (see module wxPen)) -> ok See external documentation . setTextBackground(This::wxDC(), Colour::colour() (see module wx)) -> ok See external documentation . setTextForeground(This::wxDC(), Colour::colour() (see module wx)) -> ok See external documentation . setUserScale(This::wxDC(), X::float(), Y::float()) -> ok See external documentation . startDoc(This::wxDC(), Message::string()) -> bool() See external documentation . startPage(This::wxDC()) -> ok See external documentation . AUTHORS
<> wxErlang 0.98.9 wxDC(3erl)