Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get variables from expression Post 302901562 by zulfi123786 on Wednesday 14th of May 2014 10:57:36 AM
Old 05-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea
Homework?
it's projectwork

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Programming

error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression

I had seen this error for the first time ..... error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with arithmetic expression using variables

Hi, I am trying to do a percentage calculation in a Bourne shell script. The following works fine, but when I try to subsitute the values 153824 and 246000 for variables (e.g. used and limit), I get errors. calc() { awk 'BEGIN {OFMT="%f"; print '"$*"'; exit}' } calc '(153824 /... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorehil
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning expression value to tcsh variables

Hi All, I have a tcsh script as: #!/usr/bin/csh -x set packsName=$(awk -F'' '/^execute.*=true/{print $2}' ExecutePacks.config) for var in $packsName do echo "printed $var" done I want to assign the value which is returned by awk function to the variable called packsName. How do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AB10
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variables in regex expression ?

Hello, Could someone explain why this one returns nothing: $ x=/jon/ $ echo jon | awk -v xa=$x '$1~xa {print}' $ while the following works fine: $ x=jon $ echo jon | awk -v xa=$x '$1==xa {print}' $ jon and the following works fine: $ echo jon | awk '$1~/jon/ {print}' $ jon ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

7. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why Relational Expression is Writing to a Expression?

Hello All, Not sure why this is happening... When the following If Statement is evaluated for some reason it is creating a file in the CWD called '0'. I've seen this happen before, just not in an If Statement... CODE: if then DIR_NAME="$1" DIR_SIZE=0 STATUS="" else... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SHELL: UNIX : Ls regular expression not working when used with variables

If i do below command in unix prompt which static values (ie 27..97), it is working fine and gives desired output >ls -d $WORKDIR/batch/somefilename_{27..97}.* 2>/dev/null somefilename_27.sometxt somefilename_28.sometxt somefilename_29.sometxt .. somefilename_97.sometxt But if i want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiderali
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)