Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with sed to replace entire line Post 302901450 by balajesuri on Tuesday 13th of May 2014 11:28:32 PM
Old 05-14-2014
Please post examples of your input and desired output to help us help you better :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Search and replace entire line

I have a perl function in my script that needs to replace an entire line in a file sub changestate { my $base = (); my @base = (); open(BASE, $file) || die("Could not open file!"); @base=<BASE>; close (BASE); foreach $base(@base) { if($base =~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Entire line if any part matches regexp

Hey guys, I have a file that I've slowly been awking, seding, and greping for data entry. I am down to pull the addresses out to insert them into an excel file. Each address is a few lines, but i want to put a semicolon delimiter in between each address so I can export the text file into excel and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cocoabean
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to replace the entire line from the key point

Hi everyone I am new to Unix. I got stuck up by small issue. I have text file something like this abc 'xyz' '5' lmn 'pqr' '7' i want to replace the abc 'xyz' '5' to abc 'xyz' '6' but i have a key as 'xyz' based on this key i want to do that. I am not aware of how to use sed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayaragavan
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace entire line

I want to replace one line from my configuration file with the new settings. The file Name: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf The following line should be replaced with the line mentioned below. LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined LogFormat "\"%h\"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to know how to replace a line after a pattern match with an empty line using SED

Hi How Are you? I am doing fine! I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Basically I need to replace the entire line containing "doing" with a blank line: I need to the following output: Hi How Are you? I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace character in files of entire folder? sed? or what?

Hello, I do have several files in one folder each file contains measurement data. for each file I would like to replace the character "," by "." ? How can I do this and how can I do this for each file at once? E.G. data_1.dat, data_x.dat (original version) data_1out.dat, data_x_out.dat... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollinator
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple line search, replace second line, using awk or sed

All, I appreciate any help you can offer here as this is well beyond my grasp of awk/sed... I have an input file similar to: &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021855/--F" &LOG &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021852/--F" &LOG Cloning_Action: RETAIN &LOG Part: "@DB/TCCP000010713/--A" &LOG &LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarmaPoliceT2
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace values in script reading line by line using sed

Hi all, Let's say I have a script calling for the two variables PA_VALUE and PB_VALUE. for pa in PA_VALUE blah blah do for pb in PB_VALUE blah blah do I have a text file with two columns of values for PA and PB. 14.5 16.7 7.8 9.5 5.6 3.6 etc etc I would like to read this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimsonengineer
7 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)