Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing the test file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing the test file Post 302901368 by Corona688 on Tuesday 13th of May 2014 01:59:11 PM
Old 05-13-2014
I'm not quite sure what you want. 'On the basis of' doesn't tell us what basis, just that there is one involving certain columns. "unique count" in particular doesn't make sense -- the counts in your resulting output are not all unique.

Do you mean that if, for a particular refgene, if there are more than one with the same count, you want to keep the one with the lowest or highest tss depending on the last column +/- ?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a configuration Test tile

Team I need help parsing a text file that meet the layout below: high:850:856:214:855:810 med:852:304:310 low:315:240:323:310 I need to read each line and if for example a line start with high in in that same line there is a 850 or any other number then I wan to print it. The same ohld true... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edpdgr
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in test file operator on a ufsdump archive file mount nfs

Hi, I would like to ask if someone know how to test a files if exist the file is a nfs mount ufsdump archive file.. i used the test operator -f -a h almost all test operator but i failed file1=ufs_root_image.dump || echo "files doesn't exist && exit 1 the false file1 is working but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hit multiple URL from a text file and store result in other test file

Hi, I have a problem where i have to hit multiple URL that are stored in a text file (input.txt) and save their output in different text file (output.txt) somewhat like : cat input.txt http://192.168.21.20:8080/PPUPS/international?NUmber=917875446856... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies
Ace::Sequence::Transcript(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Ace::Sequence::Transcript(3pm)

NAME
Ace::Sequence::Transcript - Simple "Gene" Object SYNOPSIS
# open database connection and get an Ace::Object sequence use Ace::Sequence; # get a megabase from the middle of chromosome I $seq = Ace::Sequence->new(-name => 'CHROMOSOME_I, -db => $db, -offset => 3_000_000, -length => 1_000_000); # get all the transcripts @genes = $seq->transcripts; # get the exons from the first one @exons = $genes[0]->exons; # get the introns @introns = $genes[0]->introns # get the CDSs (NOT IMPLEMENTED YET!) @cds = $genes[0]->cds; DESCRIPTION
Ace::Sequence::Gene is a subclass of Ace::Sequence::Feature. It inherits all the methods of Ace::Sequence::Feature, but adds the ability to retrieve the annotated introns and exons of the gene. OBJECT CREATION
You will not ordinarily create an Ace::Sequence::Gene object directly. Instead, objects will be created in response to a transcripts() call to an Ace::Sequence object. OBJECT METHODS
Most methods are inherited from Ace::Sequence::Feature. The following methods are also supported: exons() @exons = $gene->exons; Return a list of Ace::Sequence::Feature objects corresponding to annotated exons. introns() @introns = $gene->introns; Return a list of Ace::Sequence::Feature objects corresponding to annotated introns. cds() @cds = $gene->cds; Return a list of Ace::Sequence::Feature objects corresponding to coding sequence. THIS IS NOT YET IMPLEMENTED. relative() $relative = $gene->relative; $gene->relative(1); This turns on and off relative coordinates. By default, the exons and intron features will be returned in the coordinate system used by the gene. If relative() is set to a true value, then coordinates will be expressed as relative to the start of the gene. The first exon will (usually) be 1. SEE ALSO
Ace, Ace::Object, Ace::Sequence,Ace::Sequence::Homol, Ace::Sequence::Feature, Ace::Sequence::FeatureList, GFF AUTHOR
Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> with extensive help from Jean Thierry-Mieg <mieg@kaa.crbm.cnrs-mop.fr> Copyright (c) 1999, Lincoln D. Stein This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 168: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.14.2 2001-05-22 Ace::Sequence::Transcript(3pm)