Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SQLPLUS command with more than 1 select statement Post 302901294 by Pratiksha Mehra on Tuesday 13th of May 2014 07:15:20 AM
Old 05-13-2014
processId is any number: the output is like:

N
these are the values returned by 2 select queries

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select count(*) in sqlplus into variable unix shell

Need to select count(*) from table to check for zero result in unix script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggle
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle Select IN statement

If I recall, when I used informix I could do a sql statement like: SELECT Value from Table WHERE ID in (100,200,300); How do I do this in Oracle? I believe I am using Oracle 10 if that matters. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benefactr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a csh script, can I set a variable to the result of an SQLPLUS select query?

Can someone tell me why I'm getting error when I try to run this? #!/bin/csh -f source ~/.cshrc # set SQLPLUS = ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus # set count=`$SQLPLUS -s ${DB_LOGIN} << END select count(1) from put_groups where group_name='PC' and description='EOD_EVENT' and serial_number=1;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregrobinsonhd
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting oracle sqlplus select query into file

So, I would like to run differen select queries on multiple databases.. I made a script wich I thought to be called something like.. ./script.sh sql_file_name out.log or to enter select statement in a command line.. (aix) and I did created some shell script wich is not working.. it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQLPlus Select with Grep

I m trying to grep 'select * from' from a script, but the problem is with the * ... I think its taking * as some special character ... when I try to do grep '*' test (test is my test file) its displaying * But when I am trying to do grep 'select * from' test its not showing anything... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDR
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

linux sqlplus select results writes into file twice

Hello, This is my first post and its because I could not find solution for myself I decided to ask help here. What I want to do; I want to get some data from a table 1 on server 1 and insert those datas into a table 2 on server 2. ( lets say schema names are server1 and server 2 also ).... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: azuahaha
10 Replies

7. Programming

SQLPlus Case statement on a substring

Hi, I have an SQL query that returns a substring of a field and I want to work a case statement on it, but either I get a syntax error or in it's current manifestation the case is ignored all together. select distinct dbms_lob.substr(msg_body,1,4) as networkId, A_STATUS, count(*) from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris01010
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting sqlplus from UNIX with multiple select statement

hi, i have a requirement where i need to connect sqlplus from unix and i am able to do so by following command: cust_count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF set pagesize 0 set feedback off set verify off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sqlplus statement inside case sentence

Hello, I have a problem. I want to launch a different sql queries for different shell parameter values, something like this. #/bin/bash case $1 in "A") sqlplus -s user/pass << SQL query A; SQL "B") sqlplus -s user/pass << SQL2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vares
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies
DNSPROXY(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       DNSPROXY(1)

NAME
dnsproxy -- DNS proxy SYNOPSIS
dnsproxy [-dhV] [-c file] DESCRIPTION
The dnsproxy daemon waits for nameserver queries on a user specified address, dispatches these queries to authoritative and recursive name- servers and forwards the received answers back to the original client. The options are as follows: -c file Read configuration from file. -d Detach from current terminal and run as background process. -h Show usage. -V Show version. If a client from an internal IP address does a recursive lookup the query is forwarded to a recursive DNS server. Authoritative queries and queries coming from clients in foreign networks are forwarded to an authoritative DNS server. CONFIGURATION FILE
At startup dnsproxy reads a configuration file specified via the -c option or at the default location of /etc/dnsproxy.conf. The following keywords are recognized: authoritative IP Address of the authoritative nameserver [required]. recursive IP Address of the recursive nameserver [required]. listen IP Local address (defaults to 0.0.0.0). port number Local port number (defaults to 53). chroot path A path to chroot to before starting to answer queries. user name A user to change to before starting to answer queries. authoritative-timeout seconds Time in seconds when authoritative queries time out (defaults to 10). recursive-timeout seconds Time in seconds when recursive queries time out (defaults to 90). authoritative-port number Port number on authoritative nameserver (defaults to 53). recursive-port number Port number on recursive nameserver (defaults to 53). statistics seconds Period between output of statistics (defaults to 3600). Use 0 to disable output of statistics completely. internal network Declare networks recognized as internal and thus eligible to do recursive queries. One network in CIDR notation per keyword. EXAMPLE authoritative 10.1.1.1 recursive 127.0.0.1 recursive-port 10053 listen 192.168.1.1 port 53 chroot /var/empty user nobody internal 192.168.1.0/24 internal 127.0.0.1 STATISTICS
Every hour (by default) dnsproxy logs the collected statistics about its usage to standard error (or syslog when running detached). Statis- tics look like ActiveQr AuthorQr RecursQr AllQuery Answered 0 0 0 0 0 TimeoutQ DroppedQ DroppedA LateAnsw HashColl 0 0 0 0 0 and have the following meaning: ActiveQr Number of currently active queries proxied to the servers. AuthorQr Accumulated number of authoritative queries. RecursQr Accumulated number of recursive queries. AllQuery Accumulated number of all queries ever received. Answered Accumulated number of answered queries. TimeoutQ Accumulated number of queries that did not receive an answer in time. DroppedQ Accumulated number of dropped queries (e.g. transmission errors). DroppedA Accumulated number of dropped answers. LateAnsw Accumulated number of answers received after the timeout period. HashColl Accumulated number of hash collisions in the query list. SEE ALSO
named(1) VERSION
This manual page describes dnsproxy version 1.16. AUTHORS
Armin Wolfermann <armin@wolfermann.org> The dnsproxy homepage is at http://www.wolfermann.org/dnsproxy.html. LOCAL
November 29, 2003 LOCAL