Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Ultrix] /etc/init failed, errno 2 Post 302901253 by bakunin on Tuesday 13th of May 2014 04:35:26 AM
Old 05-13-2014
The error message is a bit obscured because the line feed from the previous line is missing. See the next-to-last line:

Code:
Load of /etc/init failed

This is a program which is started as the first process by the kernel and it acts as the root of the whole process tree, running under process id 1. I do not know Ultrix, but on many systems "/etc/init" is a link to the real binary, like "/usr/sbin/init" or something such.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to password recovery on Ultrix

I got myself a dec 5100 running ultrix with unknow password, how do i recover or change the root password on it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybermike
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Mail command: exec failed. errno=2.

I am trying to send email using the "mail" command. I keep getting an "exec failed. errno=2." message. Here is one the commands I have tried: mail test@mycompany.com < test1.out Any ideas what may be causing this error msg? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hawkman2k
1 Replies

4. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

5. Solaris

How to resolve error "INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2"

Hi All, I am getting an error message when I execute command “zlogin -C sunsrv4z5” on my root server. INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 As per my analysis it seems that some files inside /etc folder are deleted. This server was... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: surbhit4u
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

8. BSD

How to install Ultrix 4.2 on Qemu?

Hi Problem changed. I've got a message showing on the screen which says Guest has not initialized the display (yet) Any how I can fix this? Thanks Jack (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot failed init

Dear all, I have a solaris 10 in my environment (VMware virtual machine). recently I increased the harddisk size from the VMware and reboot my server. after reboot the os is unable to boot and gives the below error message. exec(/sbin/init) file not found press any key to restart ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna001
3 Replies
PROTATE(1)						      General Commands Manual							PROTATE(1)

NAME
protate - rotate a RADIANCE picture. SYNOPSIS
protate [ -c ][ -r ] input [ output ] DESCRIPTION
Protate rotates a RADIANCE picture 90 degrees. This is useful for output on hardcopy devices with aspect ratios opposite to the input pic- ture. By default, the image is rotated clockwise. The -r option may be used to rotate the image counter-clockwise instead. The -c option indicates that the action is to correct an improper original image orientation, thus the recorded scanline ordering should not be changed. NOTES
To rotate an image 180 degrees, use pflip(1) with both the -h and -v options. AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
getinfo(1), pcompos(1), pfilt(1), pflip(1), psign(1), rpict(1) RADIANCE
10/27/98 PROTATE(1)