Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS automount on reboot
Operating Systems AIX NFS automount on reboot Post 302901249 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 13th of May 2014 04:18:13 AM
Old 05-13-2014
There is a difference between "mount at boot" and "automount daemon".
The latter has own configuration files and does not use /etc/filesystems.

Concerning "mount at boot" I found two hints:
1. have mount=true in /etc/filesystems
2. run chfs -A yes on the file system
The man pages are your friend
Code:
man chfs
man filesystems
man mount

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automount

My site has a few sun solaris server including out NIS server and NFS server on solaris machines. we also have few suse linux and redhat linux machine. All our home directory is on our NFS server(sun Solaris) and this is automounted through /etc/auto_master and /etc/auto_home this worked fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

3. Solaris

NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle

:confused:Hi all When i see in the /var/adm/messages, i saw the following error unix: NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle. unix: (file handle: 45ca415 3e7 a0000 2c7f6 3ebfc25f a0000 2 3e49) It is using sunOS 5.7. Is anybody know what is this error? Is is related to any network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Local NFS import / re-export using automount?

Hi, Can I do the following: On SunOS 5.8 /etc/vfstab: remote-host:/Volumes/webdata - /export/home/webdata nfs - yes rw,vers=3,soft,intr,bg,timeo=600 In /etc/auto_direct: /home/science $HOST:/export/home/webdata/science /home/science-edu ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bloyall
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Hi all in my server all nfs dependices are online but nfs client is offline root@BIWAPP1 # svcs -a|grep nfs disabled Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/server:default online Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/rquota:default online Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/mapid:default online ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

7. AIX

NFS files after reboot

i Have a mount point from NAS and i mount it My AIX manually the system get rebooted by its self and it did not get mounted , how can i make it mounted with the system up in automated way ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

9. Solaris

NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle - Solaris 10

Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: (file handle: 68000000 1bc5492e 20000000 377c5e 1ce9395c 720a6203 40000000 bdfb0400) Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host zyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
5 Replies
QUOTAON(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						QUOTAON(8)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff -- turn filesystem quotas on and off SYNOPSIS
quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] -a quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
Quotaon announces to the system that disk quotas should be enabled on one or more filesystems. Quotaoff announces to the system that the specified filesystems should have disk quotas turned off. The filesystem must be mounted and it must have the appropriate mount option file located at its root, the .quota.ops.user file for user quota configuration, and the .quota.ops.group file for group quota configuration. Quotaon also expects each filesystem to have the appropriate quota data files located at its root, the .quota.user file for user data, and the .quota.group file for group data. These filenames and their root location cannot be overridden. By default, quotaon will attempt to enable both user and group quotas. By default, quotaoff will disable both user and group quotas. Available options: -a If the -a flag is supplied in place of any filesystem names, quotaon/quotaoff will enable/disable any filesystems with an existing mount option file at its root. The mount option file specifies the types of quotas that are to be configured. -g Only group quotas will be enabled/disabled. The mount option file, .quota.ops.group, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -u Only user quotas will be enabled/disabled. The mount option file, .quota.ops.user, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -v Causes quotaon and quotaoff to print a message for each filesystem where quotas are turned on or off. Specifying both -g and -u is equivalent to the default. Quotas for both users and groups will automatically be turned on at filesystem mount if the appropriate mount option file and binary data file is in place at its root. FILES
Each of the following quota files is located at the root of the mounted filesystem. The mount option files are empty files whose existence indicates that quotas are to be enabled for that filesystem. .quota.user data file containing user quotas .quota.group data file containing group quotas .quota.ops.user mount option file used to enable user quotas .quota.ops.group mount option file used to enable group quotas SEE ALSO
quota(1), quotactl(2), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), repquota(8) HISTORY
The quotaon command appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution October 17, 2002 4.2 Berkeley Distribution