Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed on wrapper script Post 302901050 by express14 on Sunday 11th of May 2014 09:03:43 AM
Old 05-11-2014
Thank you Don for your suggestions and reply. Yes, ill be run the files/directories in the each steps.

For #2 dateformat: It worked to resolve the month MM format. If I do not get solutions from anyone else for the shorter months, ill continue with the limitations.

to allow months 01-12 and days 01-31. This will still incorrectly allow some days in short months (e.g., 20140230 and 20140431), but it won't allow days 00 and 32-39 nor months 00 and 13-19.

For#3 - I need to allow only one file as an input and would like to through error & exit if multiple file names are entered. I am still not able figure that out. Any thoughts or suggestions will be great help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrapper script and how to write

hi guys, I have a requirement to run a script 4 times with different parameter values. the 4 jobs have to run parallely which actually access different data of same table and deletes. how can i achieve this.................? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is a wrapper script

I tried searching the forum ,,but couldn't locate ..Can anyone give me a link or some information about wrapper script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Wrapper script

Hi Guys, I am trying write a wrapper script but I don't have any idea. I have 4 different korn shell scripts and all of them needs some parameters from command line (positional parameter). My script cant be interactive because its supposed to be automated. I am confused how can I write a wrapper... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a wrapper script not working

Hello, I have the below wrapper script: #!/usr/bin/perl -w if ($^O eq 'MSWin32' ) { $subnet = 'c:\path\to\subnet.txt'; } else { $subnet = '/opt/qip/wrapper-del-sub'; } open FH1, 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt' or die "Can't open 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt' ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

wrapper script in perl

Hi, I am in need of way to facilitate this senerio in a perl script. I have CLI ( command line interface) which I run like so: kip-tepltist -u Xxx -p Xxx Which produces tones of names from each template it found: 194Iselin-NJ 33-IDFLB-North-611-Woodward-8600 ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count script wrapper help

I have this a code that I got help with for another task. I since tried to modify it to work on this task. I need someones expertise to modify it slightly and I am not sure where to start or yet fully understand the logic. I am trying to get a script to read my m-names.txt which has lots... (19 Replies)
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass parameter to the main script from wrapper script

Hi, I am writing a wrapper script(wrap_script.sh) to one of the main scripts (main_script.sh) The main script is executed as following: ./main_script.sh <LIST> <STARTDATE> <ENDDATE> looks for a parameter which is a LIST(consists of different list names that need to be processed), START/END... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper Script in Perl Or shell

Hello, My requirement is based on Oracle where we run a perl script and it asked some questions.I want to write a wrapper which will answer all these questions. How is it possible. Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with the my wrapper script

Hi friends, i am working in ksh88. i am running the follwing wapper script in background to run two jobs parallely((eg nohup wrapper.ksh &):: wrapper.ksh ######################## #!/bin/ksh nohup ./pii_insert.ksh /nsing83/p2/test & nohup ./pii_update.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neelmani
1 Replies

10. Programming

Wrapper for unix program - urgent help needed

Hello all , i need some help asap i have a program that keeps killing the machine when i did google searches and 2 days later i ran strace it seems the programm keeps making a system call to gettimeofday to i guess increment a counter ? gettimeofday({1347986584, 464904}, NULL) = 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetworkLearning
6 Replies
ARBITRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ARBITRON(8)

NAME
arbitron - arbitron mailboxes SYNOPSIS
arbitron [ -C config-file ] [ -o ] [ -u ] [ -l ] [ -p months ] [ -d days | -D mmddyyyy[:mmddyyyy] ] mailbox... DESCRIPTION
Arbitron collects and reports readership statistics for mailboxes on the server. It also optionally prunes the mailboxes of Seen state for dormant users. Arbitron produces one line of output per mailbox, reporting the mailbox name followed by a space, followed by the number of readers (and if -u is specified, followed by a colon and a comma-separated list of the readers userids), and if -o is not specified, another space and the number of subscribers (and if -u is specified, followed by a colon and a comma-separated list of the subscribers userids). IMPORTANT: This format is subject to change in future versions. Each "reader" is a distinct authentication identity which has "s" rights to the mailbox and which has SELECTed the mailbox within either the past days days or the specified date range. Users are not counted as reading their own personal mailboxes. Personal mailboxes are not reported unless there is at least one reader other than the mailboxes owner. Arbitron reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -o "old way" -- do not report subscribers. -u Report userids in addition to the count(s). -l Enable long reporting (comma delimited table consisting of mbox, userid, r/s, start time, end time). -d days Count as a reader an authentication identity which has SELECTed the mailbox within days days. Default is 30. -D mmddyyyy[:mmddyyyy] Count as a reader an authentication identity which has SELECTed the mailbox within the given date range. The start date and optional end date are specified as 2-digit month of the year, 2-digit day of the month, and 4-digit year. If the end date is not specified, then the current system time is used as the end time. -p months Prune Seen state for users who have not SELECTed the mailbox within months months. Default is infinity. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf CMU
Project Cyrus ARBITRON(8)